Information on Dawah

icadams

As-Salāmu ‘Alaykum,

I am looking for information (books and videos) on how to do dawah. I am not looking for the type of things that we hand out to people, such as pamphlets, but instructions to Muslims on how to properly perform dawah.

Any help, or links to online material, would be appreciated.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
As-Salāmu ‘Alaykum,

I am looking for information (books and videos) on how to do dawah. I am not looking for the type of things that we hand out to people, such as pamphlets, but instructions to Muslims on how to properly perform dawah.

search out for the 'fiqh ud-da'wah' lecture by muhammad al shareef

u can grab it from www.hoor-al-ayn.com

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Salam to all!

search out for the 'fiqh ud-da'wah' lecture by muhammad al shareef

u can grab it from www.hoor-al-ayn.com

Dr Bilal Philips has a great online dawah training course at his online university

http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/

I've used it and other courses on there, they are free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:bismillah:
:salam2:

:ma:
Very good links:SMILY252:~Thank you for sharing :)
~May Allah swt reward you tremendously~Ãmin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

Wassalam :)

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamualaykum,

How to give shahada in 10 mins by Kamal El Mekki, you can get at hoor-al-ayn.com or islambase.info

wassalam

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum to everyone.
Jazaka Allah khair sis Seeking Allah's Mercy for posting the link :).

Congratulation to our brother who wants to do dawah for the sake of Allah.

Well brother,yes there are many videos and lecturers you can listen and learn from yet no one can do dawah just by listening to those lecturers. Those links and lecturers will only increase our knoweldge in Islam as well as in other religion .

There is no certain formula you can follow and make someone say shahadah.Your "clients" are different from one another and they are all from various background and from various religions and their understanding of Islam varies as well.

Dawah is all about practising.You need to experinece for yourself in doing dawah and you need to meet all kind of people and once your experiences increase,you will be able to dawah easily.

Dawah is about

1.Allah's will to guide the person.
2.We must have enough knowledge and memorise by heart certain verses which can be used for dawah.
3.Skills of doing dawah(which you can develop once you have more experience)

First of all,tackle your "client".Know the person roughly by asking questions about him so that you know who the person is and what his mental state as well as how he feels about Islam.By doing this you can avoide unnecessary conflicts.

Second, if your "client" is under depression or facing some other problems,stop talking about Islam and focus on helping to solve his problem. A person needs to be in a good mental state to recive Allah's word.Allah's words should be "planted" in their heart for a long time and not just for a few days.

Third, Go slow and do not rush and do not be pushy.I can bet you that people can say the shahadah in ten minutes or even less than that.BUt we are not looking for people to utter the shahadah but we want people to accept Islam by heart and stay as good Muslims till last breath.

Forth, Always renew your intention as you are doing dawah for the sake of Allah and you cannot guide whoever you want but you convey Allah's message to whoever He wants.

Fifth, Once a person has said the shahadah,our job is not done yet.The most difficult part is in guiding them to be Muslims which is we should teach them how to pray or even if we do not know how,ask someone else to teach them and keep an eye on them for couple of months till their Islam base become stronger.

Sixth, Only deal with people that you think you know about their religion well.Well here means you know certain verses from their scripture and you can relate that with Quranic evidence and so on.This is easy to be done with Christians as many daee did great job by producing great Dawah Toolkit.

Seventh, If you are doing dawah face to face IRL,then always take good care of yourself. Protecting oneself is more important.If there is danger around you while doing dawah,always seek help and the best way is to inform trustable person before you leave somewhere for dawah.Perhaps you can take someone with you.

Well the rest you can learn from Sheikh Ahmed Deedat(May Allah grant him Firdaus),Sheikh Khalid Yassin,Yusuf Estes,Bilal Philips and many more.If you are dealing with Christians,concentrate more on learning from Sheikh Ahgmed Deedat and Khalid Yassin.

Feel free to ask.
Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
As-Salāmu ‘Alaykum,

Assalaamu 'alaykum,

please read the following three links on how to do da'wah effectively:

How much to preech:
http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/the-wisdom-behind-short-and-long-soorahs/

Kindness is the way:
http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.c...was-the-reason-for-his-acceptance-of-islam…”/

Gentleness is the way:
http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.com/2010/03/04/ther-bedouin-who-urinated-in-the-masjid/