Iran's Ahmadinejad says election, not war, solution for Syria

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Assalamu'alaikum,

Finally Ahmadinejad spoke about Syria. I thought it is he who supported the Bashar's regime for war against Sunni Muslims?

-------------------------------------------

ABU DHABI | Tue Oct 2, 2012 11:38pm IST

ABU DHABI (Reuters) - Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said a national dialogue leading to elections was the way towards a solution to Syria's crisis, in remarks broadcast on Tuesday.

He told Al Jazeera television that war was not the way forward, adding: "There is another way to find a solution, it is national, mutual understanding in order for there to be elections in the future."

The interview was translated from Persian into Arabic by Al Jazeera.

Iran is a main ally of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, who has been battling an uprising against his rule. Opposition activists say 30,000 people have been killed in the 18-month-old revolt, which has grown into a full-scale civil war.

"Syria's case is very complex and at the same time is a very important one," Ahmadinejad said. "Should I follow those demanding war? I don't think the language of war is a good language.

"There must be a different way to solve problems ... I have opposed war, but those who want things to be settled through dialogue are a minority and perhaps the majority are in favour of going ahead in the context of war."

Ahmadinejad, who made similar comments in a separate news conference in Tehran, said Iran had long had good relations with Syria. He said Tehran had built dams, roads and power stations in Syria and Iranian pilgrims were frequent visitors to the Arab country.

(Reporting by Raissa Kasolowsky in Abu Dhabi and Ahmed Tolba in Cairo, Editing by Sami Aboudi and Rosalind Russell)

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/10/02/syria-crisis-ahmadinejad-idINDEE89107E20121002

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Hard Rock Moslem;574 ...Iranian pilgrims were frequent visitors to the Arab country.[/QUOTE said:
A cemetery in Ar Raqqah that had my grandfather's grave was destroyed so Iran could build a Shia Mosque over it. But of course, 10 years ago no one could speak up, because Secret Police will hunt you down if you did.

I wonder if those pilgrims would care if they find out that graves were sacrificed so that they could come and worship their idols.