Is it allowed for a muslim to attend????

khangul

your sister
:salam2:

:bismillah1:

I hope my brothers and sisters are doing well .May ALLAH show us a true and straight path and protect us from the evil of shaitann and our own nafs.ameen.

I have a tricky question , are Muslims allowed to attend Eid party in a church???? inshallah I will tell you the story after your answers :)

jazaakumullaho khgair.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
:wasalam:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2189/

‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “We do not enter your churches because of the statues and pictures that are in them.” Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) used to pray in churches except for those in which there were statues and pictures. (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 1/112)

khangul

your sister
:salam2:

ok so here is the story .

A local church invited muslim sisters for an Eid party to their church which has its own hall beside the church and one of them asked me to go to party but i said no i dont want to go to a church even if its an Eid party especially with my kids and I would advised them not to go with your kids because kids are like sponge , they absorb everything they see , what would happen if tomorrow someone invite them for sunday prayer ?? they would say ok we can go because our parents also visited church , only their parents are the source of their learning of deen.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
We should have an islamic environment around us much as possible, especially women and kids since they are more emotionally driven. Eid party is not in an islamic requirement. They should've found an alternative, especially if they don't tell their kids about islam or about other religions. I used to play play basketball on church grounds when growing up, even go in the church to get a drink. But i knew this was "Their" religion and not mine. My community always had eid party at their islamic center.