Is it possible?

Afthab

Assalamualaikum in islam dear brothers and sisters!

Isalm says to men and woman strictly stick to Hijab and intermingling with opposite sex is haram, But in some society women do go out for work where males and females has to communicate collectively and personally.

Ex. Generally a lady teacher will be appearing in front of non mehram men beyond the barriers of shariah, when someone inquire and letting them know it is not advisable to be so they claim that they don't have any other option pointing many reasons, most commonly what they say is........
this is not a muslim country and it is not possible to adhere the sharia law and act accordingly. But what i learned is that Islam was not revealed in different ways to each different country's but it was revealed to whole of the humanity as in one. And i thoroughly assume if u will still follow sharia being in a non muslim country you will be rewarded By Allah with honor rather than justifying it illogically.
(As to my knowledge)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
And i thoroughly assume if u will still follow sharia being in a non muslim country you will be rewarded By Allah with honor rather than justifying it illogically.
(As to my knowledge)
:wasalam:

you are right brother. instead of justifying our acts, we can acknowledge our bad doings, try to change and make dua to Allah to help us.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh brother, I welcome you to TTI first.

Secondly, I am a bit confused about your post....but what I gather is that, you're talking about women who work as teachers? if I am mistaken, please do correct me.

As a Muslimah, I believe Islam has given me the right to seek employment in a halal way. Now, if a sister wants to be a teacher, she can do that job with her prober hijab. Islamically that is not incorrect. (Allaah knows best) but to my limitted knowledge, a sister can be a teacher......not only that but anything she wants that will help the society. No matter where you're in this world.....you cannot avoide intermingling with the opposite gender...that is just how things are. But that is what Hijab is for, it's a protection and a way of setting limits.
Generally a lady teacher will be appearing in front of non mehram men beyond the barriers of shariah
hhmm, meaning without her Hijab?

I mean if the sister is Hijabed then she is doing things according to Shariah, if not then that is between her and her creator and we ask Allaah to guide her to that which is best.
This is just my thoughts....if I have said anything wrong, I ask for Allaah's forgiveness.....

Afthab

AA,

Thank you so much for the comment you made by sister, and totally what you say is true and i agree from the bottom of my heart with what you have mentioned, Still (ALLAH KNOWS BEST). If i'm not wrong sister what i said was that (BEYOND THE BARRIERS OF ISLAM) not within the preview of sharia. i am not pointing my finger towards anyone or only to teachers........ but just a general issue which happens frequently now a days. Anyways let us seek refuge from Allah from the EVIL OUR SOULS and give us hidaya to get closer to Allah subhana wathala.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

As a Muslimah, I believe Islam has given me the right to seek employment in a halal way. Now, if a sister wants to be a teacher, she can do that job with her prober hijab. Islamically that is not incorrect. (Allaah knows best) but to my limitted knowledge, a sister can be a teacher......not only that but anything she wants that will help the society. No matter where you're in this world.....you cannot avoide intermingling with the opposite gender...that is just how things are. But that is what Hijab is for, it's a protection and a way of setting limits.
:salam2: sister,

ofcourse, muslimahs could be teachers too. and we really need them but for female students or male students below puberty.

also hijab is not just about covering your hairs. i cant believe that you are really not aware of the fitnah when a good looking woman teaches a class full of young male students?

or vice versa?

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2: sister,

ofcourse, muslimahs could be teachers too. and we really need them but for female students or male students below puberty.

also hijab is not just about covering your hairs. i cant believe that you are really not aware of the fitnah when a good looking woman teaches a class full of young male students?

or vice versa?

Assalaamu alaikum,

I dont want this to seem like a "debate" but I just wanted to question something
and we really need them but for female students or male students below puberty
Is this Islamically mentioned? I mean are we really limited to teaching kids under puberty? I am actually seeking enlightment here,

Of course, Hijab aint just about covering the hair....and that is why I said "wears the PROBER hijab" meaning she watches her behavior, her speech and her way of interacting with her students.

Akhi, I am aware of the fitnah....subhana'Allaah! but that should not limit sisters from seeking employment in places where they can be hired. And Fitnah is not just in the "classroom".....it's everywhere these days:( that is the life of the Dunya, I ask Allaah to guide us all. ameen
For a sister working with young kids might be helpful, but when circumstances do not allow you, then you gotta do what you gotta do even if it means working in a classroom full of grown up men.....of course with her prober hijab.
Allah knows best, I ask for His forgiveness if I said anything wrong. ameen

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Is this Islamically mentioned? I mean are we really limited to teaching kids under puberty? I am actually seeking enlightment here,

Akhi, I am aware of the fitnah....subhana'Allaah! but that should not limit sisters from seeking employment in places where they can be hired. And Fitnah is not just in the "classroom".....it's everywhere these days:( that is the life of the Dunya, I ask Allaah to guide us all. ameen
:salam2:,

do we need this to be Islamically mentioned? i think our logic can do that.

when i said that there is fitnah when a woman teaches a class full of young boys, i also wrote *and vice versa*. that meant that there is equal fitnah too when a handsome man teaches a class full of young girls.

i agree with you that there is fitnah everywhere but when you have a teacher of opposite gender teaching you, how can you lower your gaze? its just next to impossible.

also i remember one incident in my school. our school hired a new physics teacher and one of my bro's friend told that he has *fallen in love* with her. :D

hope you got my point sister. btw, little debate is good. :)

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
Assalaamu alaikum,

I dont want this to seem like a "debate" but I just wanted to question something
... Is this Islamically mentioned? I mean are we really limited to teaching kids under puberty? I am actually seeking enlightment here,

Of course, Hijab aint just about covering the hair....and that is why I said "wears the PROBER hijab" meaning she watches her behavior, her speech and her way of interacting with her students.

For a sister working with young kids might be helpful, but when circumstances do not allow you, then you gotta do what you gotta do even if it means working in a classroom full of grown up men.....of course with her prober hijab.
Allah knows best, I ask for His forgiveness if I said anything wrong. ameen
:salam2:

I respect your thoughts sister. But I felt obliged to answer this, as I have just experienced something very relevant to this thread topic. I study at an University in Bangladesh, which follows the North American curriculum. Though I am an Engineering student, I am supposed to do some basic courses from the Business department. So, I advised for an accounting course last semester and since I also do a part-time job I was more concerned about time rather than caring anything about the faculty assigned for the section I signed up. She is of my ethnicity but lives in the United States and she came here as a visiting Faculty. She does hijab. So, at first I was very happy that nice I will be doing classes of a Muslimah (and I was being quite happy that the girls in my class, who don't do hijab despite claiming to be Muslims will probably learn something from her). Then, the classes start off and everything is fine. But as days pass by and as I was required to constantly look at her during her lectures, I was eventually feeling weird feelings. I was feeling a change in my Imaan. Though, I constantly asked for Allah's forgiveness I knew its my persistence of doing something haram (looking at a non-mehram women) is actually effecting me. You see sister, the shaytan does not whisper you to do something that you will probably never do. What he will do is that he will make you do lesser good deeds and eventually do bad deeds. Though my teacher was a hijabi, but due to constantly interacting with her and being all friendly with her slowly got my attention. All of this was subconsciously happening. At one point, came a time when my eyes would wander off and evil thoughts would come to my mind about her. At this point, Alhamdulillah I realized that this is it. I have to stop this. So, I started to lower my gaze in class. I tried to keep looking at my copy in class, though it was a problem for me to follow her. But then again, all these made me lost interest in the course and eventually resulting in a bad grade. The grade of the course doesn't matter to me, but the sins I incurred still hurts my heart. May Allah, forgive me. Normally, you are not supposed to share your sins as sharing it increases it (if you boast it off and things like that), but I am just telling my brothers and sisters all this to show that may be it all seems halal that a girl doing a hijab (considering not wearing the niqaab) is taking classes where there are young men and vice versa eventually may lead to that very disgraceful act. We know sister that not everyone has the same level of Imaan and not everyone is strong against the shaytan's whispers. I am a very active student and usually my class participation is one of the top, that is I interact and maintain good relations with my teachers. So naturally, at first shaytan whispered to me that if you want a good grade you have to be all sweet to her and bla bla. And it worked on her part as well, soon I found her being inclined to me (though as a student) but can you imagine (if you analyse how shaytan works) what this could eventually lead to ? From that time onwards, I promised no more young beautiful teachers even if they do hijab. I am not here to hurt anyone sister, so please forgive me if I have offended you. And May Allah forgive me if I am wrong.

Afthab

Assalamualaikum in islam to brothers and sister!

Well actually sometimes back i was just going through a fatwa which said that a lady teacher can teach in a mixed school up to grade 5 where as they are under puberty. i don't know up to what extend this applies but i always say to people do not justify things illogically because finally that can lead to haram without our knowledge.

For example you say to someone who is already practicing whatever one haram act, its haram to do the act which ur doing.............. then he will argue that no it is not, then later he will also ask from some other people then they will also say yes its a haram act............... but still he will not stop until someone says it is halal at the moment one person says its halal that's enough for him to continue that and further he will not look for the truth.

Allah knows best and Allah subhana wa'thaala will do the best for us in this world and in hereafter but only if we strive in the way of Allah,
each and everyday close your eyes for five minutes and think that we are in the grave where there will be no return back in time and life to dunya to amend our wrong doings.
May Allah suhana wathala give us hidaya to remain in pious way of life. Ameen!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

brothe MuhammadMaksudul, jazaka'Allaah khair for sharing your experience, I guess it's better to prevent than to be sorry at the end. You've a point there, thank you for sharing.

To all those who shared their inputs.....jazaka'Allaah khair...and believe me, none of you have offended me.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum warahamtu-llah

Men and women shouldget equally educated and empoyed.
how?

if every single or the same number of men and women are educated,
then we can have male and female education centre aparted.
boys of puberty and girls of puberty will not need to be in the same class, with opposite sex teacher.

this can be a solution.
no debate and no prob I guess.

Allah knows the best

wassalam

ansari

STRANGER...
34735_165036090178341_100000158523301_572744_1655492_n.jpg

Afthab

Salam alaikum warahamtu-llah

Men and women shouldget equally educated and empoyed.
how?

if every single or the same number of men and women are educated,
then we can have male and female education centre aparted.
boys of puberty and girls of puberty will not need to be in the same class, with opposite sex teacher.

this can be a solution.
no debate and no prob I guess.

Allah knows the best

wassalam

Assalamualaikum brother!

Well brother what i even say is that our muslim soceity should gather and organize seperate education for male and female and totally quit co education above puberty. But masha allah now we can find seperate education for male and female. I was in a college where there were no girls at all. There were about 4000 students all boys but lecturers were both male and female and they were non muslims.

ShyHijabi

I am reading a lot of folks saying this is haraam and this is halaal but not providing any daleel. Did not Aisha (RA) relay most hadiths? How did she do this if she could only relay it to females? She was one of the first educators in Islam, was she not?

There are no medical schools that are divided by gender so how exactly are women supposed to become physicians? Who will you send your wives and daughters to when they need medical care if women cannot attend medical school or teach in medical school? These are practical questions. A proper hijab makes it where women can go out and seek education while still maintaining their modesty and dignity.

A woman in proper hijab should be allowed to teach since it provides protection against fitnah. If you beleive that she can only teach males under puberty then the obligation is on your shoulders to provide the daleel. You can't say something is just "common sense" since everything must have evidence. Besides what you think is common sense may not be another's common sense.

Ibn Uthaymin

My Psychology teacher is a Muslim Indian lady. Indian heads are super smart.

Anyway Muslim woman can be pretty awesome too you know

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Thanks sis.. you put it so nicely.

Guys...let us think for a minute. Why do so many think only of haram. Why not think in a positive manner.
The discussions become mute as they are not based on the reality of many women who have to work. Many of you live in countries where a woman is allowed to be servile. You have no issues with that.
Until you walk a mile in someones shoes do not comment.

As a teacher of many years, covering kindergarten to college..I have never had a sexual interest in my students. That is short of disgusting. My heart was to teach and help the excell.

Why is everyone so bent on being physical. Folks there is a lot more to life than sexual temptations.

If a male student blushes...he needs to grow up. Do not blame the woman if the male is the one with the issue.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

The dangers of having female teachers for boys in elementary schools​

I have come across what the newspaper al-Madinah printed in Issue #3898, dated 2-30-1397 A.H., written by on calling herself Nura bint Abdullah, under the title, "Face to Face.

In sum, Nura is saying that she had a meeting with a number of women, including the female Dean of the College of Education, Jeddah, whose name is Faiza. Nura mentions Faiza's surprise that there are no female teachers teaching boys in the elementary level, even to the fifth grade. Nura supported Faiza's views in that article for a number of reasons.

Personally, with thanks to Faiza, Nura and their colleagues for the concern about the teaching of our young boys and for their welfare, I find it an obligation upon myself to point out that their suggestion is filled with evil and harmful consequences. Having women teach boys at the elementary level means that they will have to mix with boys who are at puberty or adolescent stages, this is because some of the boys do not complete the elementary stage until they are already in adolescence, and some have already completed puberty. This is because, when a boy reaches ten years old, he is considered an adolescent. He naturally becomes inclined toward women. Someone like him can even get married and do what men do.

And there is another matter, having women teach the boys will lead to mixing between the two sexes. That will then continue until the next level. This will open the door, without question, to mixing between the sexes at all levels. The evil results of such mixing in the schools are well-known. The devastating results that come from that type of teaching can be seen in other countries. Whoever has the smallest amount of knowledge of the Sharee'ah evidences and what is occurring to this ummah during this age knows what definitely occurs to the boys and girls due to such practices. I believe that this suggestion has been inspired by Satan or some of his deputies upon the tongues of the above mentioned Faiza and Nura .

It is, without doubt, something that is pleasing to our enemies and the enemies of Islaam, and is from what those enemies are calling for, openly and privately. Therefore, I see that the door to this kind of practice must be completely closed. Our boys must be left to be taught by men at all levels of instruction. Similarly, the girls must be left to be taught by female teachers at all levels of instruction. This will preserve our religion, our boys and our girls. It will be sufficient for us for our respected female teachers to fulfill their responsibilities to the best of their abilities with purity, sincerity and patience in teaching our girls. And the men must also fulfill their responsibilities with purity, sincerity and patience in teaching our boys at every level. It is also well-known that a man has more patience and is stronger in teaching boys and he can give him more teachings in every level of schooling.

It is well-known that the boys, in the primary and higher levels of education, respect and esteem their male teacher. They will be more willing to submit and accept what he says. If the women were teaching them at those different levels, they would not have the characteristics, patience and strength with them that men have. It has been authentically narrated from the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) that he said:

((Order your children to pray at the age of seven. And beat them [lightly] if they do not do so by the age of ten. And separate them in their bedding))

This hadeeth points out what we have been saying about the dangers of mixing boys and girls at all levels of instruction. The evidence for that from the Qur.aan, Sunnah and the experience of the ummah today are many but I do not wish to mention them all here in order to be brief.

The knowledge of our government, may Allaah give them understanding, as well as the Minister of Education and the President of the Directory for Girls Education is sufficient for us to go into this matter here. I ask Allaah to grant us all what is good for this ummah. And to make us and our male and female youth good. And to give them happiness in both this life and the Hereafter. He is the Hearer, Responder. And peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and Companion.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz
Fataawa al-Mar.ah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Let me be clear. The greatest teacher a boy can have is his mother. A woman who believes would never never think of anything but a boy as being a child. She is keeping her heart clean for Allah. She is imparting knowledge to please Allah.
Every male on this forum upon reflection will think and thank a woman for assisting him.
Why are we constantly trying to put sin on women whose intentions are noble and worthy.