Is Karen Armstrong muslim?

muthmainnah

Assalamu'alaikum my sisters and brothers in Islam
I have seen many of books by Karen Armstrong which talks about Islam, Muslims, etc. It seems that she has broad knowledge about Islam, but I never heard that she is a Muslim.

Thus, I want to know wheter she has embraced Islam or not? Anyone know?

If she did then Alhamdulillah, it is for her own goodness and benefits.

Jazakumullah khair
:wasalam:

daraaldilla

:salam2:
All i know until now that Karen Amstrong is not a moslem. She just like to know about Islam and she is a fans of our Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
May Allah guide her to come to Islam...
Does anyone know more about Karen Amstrong? I wanna know too, why she doesn't come in Islam...

muthmainnah

ok, thankyou sister daradilla and sister sarah
I think she knows Islam is the truth and maybe she believes in Allah and His messenger Muhammad salallahu alaihi wassalam, and also that Jesus (Isa alaihissalam) is His messenger.
May Allah guide Karen Armstrong to the right path.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i have a wonderful audiobook by karen armstrong. i don't think that she is a muslim, but she definitely is very sypathetic to islam. she is like someone that knows a lot about islam and knows many muslims and she'll defend against those that want to bash islam.

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
No, she is not a Muslim, but she is a great history professor. She has many books out and they are not biased. she speaks out on behalf of Islam, has been on a lot of PBS and History channel documentaries. She is an awesome person.

island muslim

ok, thankyou sister daradilla and sister sarah
I think she knows Islam is the truth and maybe she believes in Allah and His messenger Muhammad salallahu alaihi wassalam, and also that Jesus (Isa alaihissalam) is His messenger.
May Allah guide Karen Armstrong to the right path.

Salaam Alaiykum,

We must note that she never professed Islam in public so as far as we know she is not a muslim.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Wa Alaykum As Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

On of my friend had a chance to speak to her when she came here for peace conference a couple of years back...At atleast at that time she was not Muslim.

But, she wrote a good article on Islam in the press here just after her visit to the conference...

assyuara

Assalamualaikum.

If she is not a muslim, then can we read a book on Islam written by her? I just want to know your opinions of reading a book on Islam but the author is actually a non-muslim..or is it better for us to read those written by muslims (for islamic books). Thanks.

Wasalaam,
Aisyah. :blackhijab:

muthmainnah

Sister aisyah, I suggest you and myself to read islamic books by Muslim authors. Because they are the ulama (scholars) of Islam and of course their islamic knowledge is much more qualified and accountable than the non-muslim authors.
I never buy or spend my time reading Karen Armstrong's books, it just some people who talks about her that made me wondering who she actually is.
Well, no matter how expert she is in Islamic studying but I much much prefer to muslim authors than her.

assyuara

Sis Muthmainnah, yepp, i agree with you. The knowledge of people with real imaan (faith) such as the ulama' or islamic scholars as compared to the knowledge on Islam of a non-Muslim surely will have a big gap.

Wasalaam,
Aisyah. :blackhijab:

arum_krisno

assalamualaikum, sister Aisyah, i think we should read any book by any author to broaden our knowledge. so we can see the world from many point of view, and we can understand better.