Is Maneki neko (Lucky Cat) shirk?

Sakeena

Bismillah

Asalam alaikum.

I was at the mall yesterday, looking around. And I came to one fashion shop. And there was a sculptor of a traditional Japanese calico bobcat with an upright paw. I told the shopgirl I've seen it before and asked what it was, and she told me it brings good luck. :astag:

I research it and "Maneki Neko" is Japanese for "Beckoning Cat" or "Lucky Cat"... I even saw some small Buddha statues in the shop.

Is this shirk? Is it minor shirk?

Is it a form of shirk?

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum,

My advise to you is to stay away from these things. They are mainly from the shinto religion of Japan and anything that is not from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is from the shaytaan. There are no such things as a good luck charm, our lives do not depend on luck, our lives are guided by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and we are all asked to make the right decisions and make the right choices in life. It is haraam.

Sakeena

As'alaamu Alaikkum,

My advise to you is to stay away from these things. They are mainly from the shinto religion of Japan and anything that is not from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is from the shaytaan. There are no such things as a good luck charm, our lives do not depend on luck, our lives are guided by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and we are all asked to make the right decisions and make the right choices in life. It is haraam.

thank you brother tomtom. :hijabi:

Many Asian-owned stores I visit have statues of Buddha and Maneki neko and other idols. Astaghfirullah! :girl3: I didn't buy anything from the shop (it was too expensive btw) but it was odd as there was also a Christmas tree and Christmas music playing. :eek:

Allah please protect from shirk and the acursed shaytaan!!

Ameen!

:tti_sister:

Tomtom

Banned
Glad to hear it Sakeena :)

Ignorant people buy these things and use them as decorations. One should not have ANY idols in the home, not even pictures of cute 'pop stars'. :)

Sakeena

Glad to hear it Sakeena :)

Ignorant people buy these things and use them as decorations. One should not have ANY idols in the home, not even pictures of cute 'pop stars'. :)

LOL. No 'cute pop stars' hehe. I don't have any alhamdulilah. :D

Thanks Yunus--correct? Beautiful name btw brother.

The buddha statues look creepy! :girl3:

Tomtom

Banned
Yunus it is sis :)

Keep on the Straight Path is it is so easy to deviate when one is so young. Keep reading the Holy Qur'an and the hadiths every day and pray to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and He will guide you.

Btw there are so many millions of young muslims who forsake their duties and copy their kuffar peers (to have a good time etc). They think it is a cool thing to do.

Sakeena

Yunus it is sis :)

Keep on the Straight Path is it is so easy to deviate when one is so young. Keep reading the Holy Qur'an and the hadiths every day and pray to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and He will guide you.

Btw there are so many millions of young muslims who forsake their duties and copy their kuffar peers (to have a good time etc). They think it is a cool thing to do.

Awesome!

I dun understand Japan. :girl3: I've always wanted to go there because I love Japan and anime a lot. I'll have to avoid such idols and try to find halal venues InshaAllah. :hijabi:

Amin! May Allah bless you brother, always in this life and the next life, amin!

:tti_sister:

Tomtom

Banned
Japan has lost it's spirituality and people are lost. There is a high suicide rate and there is a high percentage incest in Japan.

all4islam

Assalam-e-alikum

In hong kong like there were many in shops
but don't believe it.it's nothing 'lucky cat'.