Is Religion suppose to divide people?

Assalaamu alaikum

recently, I was having a conversation with some people about Religion in general , not so much about Islam. And someone mention about how Relgion seperates and divides people.

Now that I reflect on that, Religion does divide people

So my question is how do end divide and were there divisons during the Prophet sallah allahi wa salaam time?

In my family there is divison, both my parents are muslim, but because each parents attend different mosque, there is divison

and among my siblings because some are not muslim and some are...there is divison.

dianne

Salam,

This is a first time i heard that -
-In my family there is divison, both my parents are muslim, but because each parents attend different mosque, there is divison-

So I dont know why we must do that? In my family we go to the same mosque,if go to the other mosque also the same.

wassalam

Salam,

This is a first time i heard that -
-In my family there is divison, both my parents are muslim, but because each parents attend different mosque, there is divison-

So I dont know why we must do that? In my family we go to the same mosque,if go to the other mosque also the same.

wassalam

my parents are divorce and that is the reason they don't attend same mosque

the title of is pretty simple to understand if you read, IS RELIGION SUPPOSE TO CAUSE DIVISON

please don't tell you don't see the divison, especially all those who live in western world.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Assalaamu alaikum

recently, I was having a conversation with some people about Religion in general , not so much about Islam. And someone mention about how Relgion seperates and divides people.

Now that I reflect on that, Religion does divide people

So my question is how do end divide and were there divisons during the Prophet sallah allahi wa salaam time?

In my family there is divison, both my parents are muslim, but because each parents attend different mosque, there is divison

and among my siblings because some are not muslim and some are...there is divison.

:salam2:

i think the division in religion that you mention is not necessarily the fault of the religion. people have been divided over what is halal or haram in their religions. there are things that we muslims find to be halal, that another religion may find to be haram or vice versa. there are many people that are convinced that islam is the truth, but they'll never embrace it because they love their sins too much. they believe islam is true, but they can't give up ham sandwiches. they believe islam is true, but aren't willing to give up zinaa. they believe in islam, but aren't willing to give up purchasing with ribaa etc.

as far as family going to different masajid, it can be for a variety of reasons. language, knowledge of the leaders there, hospitality etc. despite all of the perceived division, we cannot let the shaitan distract us from our path towards jannah.

:wasalam: