is the muslim world lacking tech innovations?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i know that Muslims several centuries ago came out with scientific achievements and helped further build civilisations with different inventions, but I heard a critic state that we Muslims today are backwards in terms of creating new things and innovations. in some ways, i felt as if he were telling the truth. we muslims were creating and developing new things. why aren't we in competition for creating new televisions, cars etc? other than the production of oil, we here in the States virtually know of no products that come from the Muslim world. and it appears that the Muslim world is lagging behind in these areas which in turn creates poverty. our nations are some of the poorest in the world and i believe that it's our lack of industrial production that has caused this.

this thread is not a stage for debate, but i'm curious to know how people on TTI feel about this issue and what do they think is the problem if any.
:wasalam:

arzafar

in short yes.

However, muslims are lacking a lot of more important things that need to be rectified.

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam

Agree that the muslims were ahead back in them days in tech and science, but its simple you just have to compare back then muslims to the current muslims. at the moment we muslims have gone down in our imaan and i think thats causeing the downfall and the state we are in currently. back in them days the muslims use to follow the quran and sunnah alot thus allah rewarded them and blessed them.

Its such a shame we have fallen behind in terms of education, i remember back then baghdad was the centre of education, and people from the west would travel to go their to seek knowledge from our muslim people/scholers ! how things have changed now ! muslim countries have poor records in education curently and thats a fact. may allah once again make the current and future muslims get back to the quran and sunnah and make us people who work hard to help humanity ameen.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

I wonder,had Mid-East not been blessed by Allah (SWT) with oil reserves,what would have been the economic scenario in this part of the world?.

Regards.

arzafar

Assalamu Alaikum:

I wonder,had Mid-East not been blessed by Allah (SWT) with oil reserves,what would have been the economic scenario in this part of the world?.

Regards.

actually without oil, the scenario for the whole world would be very bad.

abu'muhammad

Assalamu alaykum,

Islamdonlyway, well said akhi. The problem I see is - some inability of taking in all those base- findings upto tech levels. As said, halaal knowledge needs to be implemeted with action. Do we see that happening ? Further,another concern is some neglect of talent. Probably the muslim govts, states can look at this obstacle ?...and sorry if that's rude. May Allah help us all.