Is this incorrect ....???

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u Alaikum wrwb dear brothers and sisters,

Hijab...is the command of Allah SWT, therefore obligatory for Muslim women to cover themselves. So is this incorrect to say that "Hijab is my choice???" (as this is a command from the creator).

Looking forward for your responses insha Allah.

Wa Alaikum salam wrwb,

a_stranger

obeying my creator

:salam2:sister

I think it is correct , if it is meant that obeying my creator is my choice, and Allah knows best.

hana*

yeah, i think when we say hijab is my choice we mean that it was not forced upon us by anybody and that there is no compulsion in faith and like a stranger said, it was our choice to obey Allah's comand

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Jazakom Allah brother and sister. I had a conversation on this issue as follows;

A sis: Sisters, please stop saying HIJAB IS YOUR CHOICE. HIJAB IS ALLAH'S CHOICE. HIJAB IS FARD...Hijab is really ALLAH'S choice and ALLAH SUBHANALLAH, can never be wrong. So my choice of wearing hijab pleases ALLAH and of course it pleases me. Hijab is a woman's way of saying i am a proud, modest, decent Muslimah....JAZAKALLAH UL KHAIR

ME: This is a common belief in western world that Muslim women are oppressed by their men. They think that Muslim women cover because their husband or fathers or brothers want them to cover.

We have chosen this name “Hijab is my choice” to tell the world that it is not something which is forced on a Muslim woman by her male relative rather it is command of Allah SWT for all believers (male and female) to dress modestly. We do submit ourselves to the command of our creator WILLINGLY…not as a sign of compulsion BUT as a sign of liberation.

Therefore Hijab is absolutely MY Choice which has been legislated upon me by my Creator. I do not wear it to make my father or husband happy BUT only because this is the command of my creator and I find peace of my heart and soul in obeying HIM in everything I do. ...

Sis: So my respected sister why did we not choose the slogan, HIJAB GOD'S CHOICE. This would have been far more appropriate. I also live in the west and never felt to need to explain my hijab to anyone. Since when do Muslims need to please anyone but ALLAH. One more thing: do anyone from the west explain to Muslims why they dress the way they do??? NEVER IN THIS LIFETIME.
HIJAB IS OUR RELIGIOUS RIGHT AND WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT.

ME: Hijab is Allah's command. Allah's command is MY CHOICE.

Allah is the creator and legislator. .HE commands and legislate...HE has given us clear evidences of the RIGHT PATH...and choice is left upon us whcih one to choose. I do not see any danger in making Allah's COMMAND ...my choice. ...

I won't give any further argument....because you don't have to win every argument.

A Brother: sister, there is no one who has authority to choice allahs comand. he/she is the muslim who says samina wa ta`ana...
pls dont run in to argument out of imotion. this is khilaf of al adab at tolibul ilm.

ME: I might be incorrect...I agree. Asslam u Alaikum wrwb

Now I am all confused.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
i think it's nice to tell people it's been your choice.:)for one thing people come to know of your choice to act as ALLAH asks us to do.second it helps to remove the misunderstanding people have regarding the use of force in islam.:)

...........lastly in my case when ppl ask me why i do it and they come to know it's my choice then they usually ask why is it so?so i explain why i prefer to wear niqaab.

so it gives you a chance to explain the benefits of wearing niqaab:)

hana*

i agree with you sisiter binteshafi, ofcourse the hijab is Allah's command but He has given us free will, to distinguish between right and wrong and to CHOOSE.

and yes, day in day out people ask me here in scotland, why do i wear the hijab, people are curious and also interested. we as muslim women have a huge role to play in rectifying the misconceptions against us. many think that we wear hijab because our husband or father made us do so, and for male dominace and superiority. so by saying it is your choice, you are meaning that this is not forced upon you by anyone, and it was YOUR CHOICE to follow Allah's command. and ofcourse hijab is our religious choice and we stand proud of it, but the average person living in the west does not know that.

i also think that the sister arguing needs to be a little more lenient and that the name of the slogan is a trivial issue, what is more important is the WAY we represent islam and not what is written on a slogan.

:wasalam:

a_stranger

the most important issue

:salam2:sister

No need to be confused: the most important issue is that you and your sister are obeying Allah swt : we may differ how to express our feelings but we are all responding to our creator by our deeds.:SMILY259:

BinKhadija

An Akhu
A Brother: sister, there is no one who has authority to choice allahs comand. he/she is the muslim who says samina wa ta`ana...
That's not correct. It's not about authority, we should have established it by now - we are Muslims and the only authority is Him Almighty.

What's submission to Allah? It's basically choosing between right and wrong, and this choice does imply accountability.

E.g. Allah says in Quran:
If only they had stood by the law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that was sent to them from their Lord, they would have enjoyed happiness from every side. There is from among them a party on the right course; but many of them follow a course that Is evil.
[Soorah Al-.Maa'idah 5:66]

The underlined text clearly suggests they were given a choice. And Allah'u Aalim.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2:

Jazakom Allahu khayra brothers and sisters for getting my confidence up again Alhamdolillah. I really owe you all a big gratutude. May Allah bless you and raise your ranks in the hereafter. Ameen

sister in Islam,

BinteShafi

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As salaamu 'alaikkum the brother and sisters seem a bit confused and they are mixing this up with the matter of Qadr. First of all, it must be established that hijab is Fard, and that there is no doubt about it. A woman should not be saying that it is acceptable to NOT observe hijab, because this is flawed, and NO it is not acceptable in the sight of Allah to NOT observe hijab. But then saying that observing hijab was my choice, then that is true to a high degree, and Shaykh ul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah rahimullah explains this in his book Aqeedahtul Waasitiyyah: People act in a real sense, and Allaah is the Creator of their actions. A person may be a believer or a kaafir, righteous or immoral, he may pray and fast. People have control over their actions, and they have their own will, and Allaah is the Creator of their control and will, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“To whomsoever among you who wills to walk straight.

And you cannot will unless (it be) that Allaah wills the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists)”

[al-Takweer 81:28-29]

A Shaykh gives a nice example ma shaAllah...

Marriage is one of the things that Allaah has decreed. The person whom you will marry is known to Allaah: He knows who he is, when he was born, where and when he will die, how he will be towards you, and other details. All of that is known to Allaah and He has written it in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz (the Book of Decrees), and it will inevitably come to pass as Allaah has decreed.

If Allaah has decreed that you will marry one person, but you choose someone else, then no matter how long it takes, you will marry that person. But your marriage to someone else is also decreed, because there is nothing that is not decreed by Allaah. It may be decreed for a woman to marry So and so the son of So and so, and he comes to propose marriage but she refuses him, and marries someone else, then he (the second man) dies or divorces her, then she accepts the first one. All of that is decreed, and it is decreed for her to marry So and so the son of So and so after initially refusing him and after some experience or trials etc.

I am hoping that what I quoted will reflect my view about this topic, wa jazakallahu khairan.

Wa salaamu 'alaikkum