Is Your Computer Up To Par?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalamu alaykum Br. Frank, forgive me If this is a redmedial question: But I do Disk Defragment as well as Disk Cleanup. My programs for viruses & spyware are AVG Free & Ad-Aware, would you say Avast is better than AVG free?

My laptop runs fine, but my PC from 2007 is really slow.
Both have the same programs as far as virus & software.

((PS: I dont want Linux, Windows Vista pleases me))

muslimaislam

As Salam Alikum

I would not touch vista with a 10 foot pole.
I got a new computer & then downgraded to xp & then when windows 7 came out , I upgraded to it. I found & heard many people talking about the problems with vista.
But this is my opinion & I am no expert in computers. I just know a little bit about them.

Assalamu alaykum Br. Frank, forgive me If this is a redmedial question: But I do Disk Defragment as well as Disk Cleanup. My programs for viruses & spyware are AVG Free & Ad-Aware, would you say Avast is better than AVG free?

My laptop runs fine, but my PC from 2007 is really slow.
Both have the same programs as far as virus & software.

((PS: I dont want Linux, Windows Vista pleases me))

muslimaislam

As Salam Alikum

MashAllah, that is very good that you got lead to Allah via the comouter :salah:

Computers on there own are good but when you play with them & want to change things. This is where you run into trouble and/or people don't know what they are doing, try to do stuff & then stuff there computer up.
Computers are good at what they do but it is what us humans do to them & what we do on them, is what leads to harram.
Computers are good at finding information on hadith, quran, video on islam, talks on islam but we have to be careful at what we see & make sure that it is correct & the person talking is doing it the correct way.

Just be very careful on computers & what sercurity & information that you give to a website. Also if in doubt about information that you find on the computer, go read the book or hadith & ask your brothers or sisters in Islam.

Hope that this help.

Please make dua for me.

As Salam Alikum

As Salamu 'Alaykum,

I was lead to ALLAAH, AL Qur'aan, and Islam through Turn to Islam.com. Every week someone comes here wanting to know about Allaah, Islam, or Al Qur'aan. There is not a technology or an activity that when incorrectly used, done, or applied can not lead to Haraam. For longer that I care to remember, in the early stages of my last injury when I was confined to a wheelchair the only connection to the outside world was the computer, doctors and nurses, and one friend who visited me on a weekly basis. So, I am bias in favor of computers.