Islam and Black Magic question/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0lden

As salamu alaykom brothers/sisters,

My father-in-law lives in Indonesia where they believe and practice this black magic stuff. He is a good god fearing Muslim, but he takes part in all this magic stuff. He has been told that his wifes, son has hexed him. Is this something that should be ignored? I don't buy into this magic stuff. Sounds kinda silly to me, but in Indonesia they really buy into this goofy stuff.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

g0lden

Yeah. I don't buy into this stuff, but since my father in law does. I have no idea what to tell him. I personally think he should just abandon this this stuff, and ask Allah's forgiveness.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Yeah. I don't buy into this stuff, but since my father in law does. I have no idea what to tell him.

Well you should since it exists.

Praise be to Allaah

People who have had experience with such situations have related that the following are among the signs of a person who is possessed by jinn (or Satan):

Strong repulsion when hearing Qur’aan or Aathaan (call for prayers).

Episodes of losing consciousness and/or epileptic attacks, especially when Qur’aan is recited for the possessed person.

Frequent nightmares during sleep.

Tendency to avoid people accompanied by out-of-the-norm behavior.

The jinn who possesses him might speak when Qur’aan is recited for the possessed person.

Madness, as stated in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): "Those who devour usury will not stand except as stands one whom Satan by his touch hath driven to [epileptic] madness…"2:275

As for a person struck by magic he might experience the following:

Dislike of one’s spouse, as indicated in the Qur’aan by the following verse (interpretation of the meaning): "And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife..." (Al-Baqarah, 2:102).

Different attitude in the house from that which is outside the house. For example, a person will feel that he is missing his family when is outside the house but when he goes home, love changes quickly to extreme hatred.

Inability to have sexual intercourse with one’s spouse.

Frequent miscarriage for pregnant women.

Sudden change in behavior without obvious reason.

Complete loss of appetite for food.

Thinking or imagining one has done something when in reality one has not.

Sudden obedience and/or love for a particular person.

It should be noted that if a person experiences some of the above symptoms this does not necessarily mean that he is either possessed by a jinn or struck by black magic. It might be due to physiological or psychological reasons.

As for curing this condition the following steps are recommended:

Putting one’s trust in Allah with sincere belief that He is the only cure for everything.

Reading Qur’aan and known supplications expressing seeking refuge, the most important and effective of which is sura 113 and 114, Al-Falaq and Al-Naas, which were used to cure the Prophet himself. Surah 112, Al-Ikhlaas, is recommended along with them, as well as the opening chapter of the Qur’aan, Al-Fatihah. To cure black magic some have successfully used seven lotus-tree leaves. The leaves should be crushed, then mixed them with water enough for taking a bath. The following verses from the Qur’aan are then recited: verse Al-Kursi (2:255), surah Al-Kafiroon (109), surah 112, 113, 114; the verses which mention magic, which are: in surah Al-Baqarah (2:102), Al-A’raaf (3:117-119), Yunus (10:79-82), and Taha (20:65-69). The possessed person drinks some of the water, and the rest is used to give him a bath.

Removing the elements of magic as was done by the Prophet when he was struck by black magic by a Jewish man called Lubaid Ben Al-‘Aasim.

Eating seven Aa’liya Al-Barniy dates (among the dates of Al-Madinah) first thing in the morning; if not possible, any dates will suffice, by the will of Allaah.

Cupping--removing excess blood.

Supplications.

And we ask Allaah to cure your brother and ease your hardship and his, as He is the One who cures and there is no one else who can cure.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Don´t lost your time about thinking black magic. It hasn´t anything to do with islam. Pray and read Quran instead than follow kind of believes.

:tti_sister:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

It hasn´t anything to do with islam. Pray and read Quran instead than follow kind of believes.

:tti_sister:
:wasalam:,

no sister, you are totally wrong. black magic do exist.

but you are right, we have Quran for protection. like ayat kursi and last 3 surahs.

(Quran 2:102): ...and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by God's permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter.

aisha16

You should tell him the truth. He shouldn't be practicing magic/sihr if he's Muslim. It's wrong and it's clearly haraam. Magic is not good. Provide him with evidence and talk to him out of this.

P.s. It's true about some Indonesian Muslims practicing magic. I saw it in a documentary once. Supposedly there's this Indonesian Muslim man who went to Hajj and is very devout but is a well known Magician. He practices magic in a cave and helps the Muslim youth with their problems..with magic of course.So bizarre..it was a really creepy documentary..

g0lden

Thank you very much Brother and Sisters. I will try and talk to him about this. He is a very devout Muslim and he feels that the only reason he stays safe from is because of this. I also believe he should leave it and trust in Allah.

When I say I don't buy into this, maybe I used the wrong words. I understand that black magic exist. I just choose not to listen or read into it. I don't feel I have anything contribute to such acts.

Thanks
Dawud

sabre_zn

Black Magic

As Salaam u Alaikum

I am a South African Muslim...
We live in a society of Muslims,Pagans,Hindus,Christians and only Allah knows the rest...

Recently I developed a blister under my foot that turned into a Very Painful abscess...My arteries became infected...it looked like a 3 pronged fork..where the end of each prong rested on the abscess...was absolutely weird!

Anyway,after visitng the doctor and receiving treatment,the only relief was a reduction in pain and a slight decrease to the inflammation in my arteries...

A Hindu woman saw me walking home and told me that I could have walked over something that a Hindu threw at a crossroads...

It's a ritual for badluck according to her..they "turn stuff" over a person and throw these stuff at crossroads for another human being to take it!

Anyway,i believed it to be true,and requested her assistance in removing this crap,seeing that its crap from these idiots in the first place...

She used A Lime,camphor,and a "Monkey ball" , a type of fruit...
"turned it for me and took it away...

Alhamdulillah,an hour later i began to feel the pain and infection decrease...
The Next day it was gone :|

I do not know if I have commited a Sin or not by requestin her assistance,
but I havent forsaken my Pure Religion...

To me its like a bomb where the person/people who created it know how to disarm it...

Await ur opinions my Dear Brothers n Sisters...

Shabbir

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Thank you very much Brother and Sisters. I will try and talk to him about this. He is a very devout Muslim and he feels that the only reason he stays safe from is because of this. I also believe he should leave it and trust in Allah.

When I say I don't buy into this, maybe I used the wrong words. I understand that black magic exist. I just choose not to listen or read into it. I don't feel I have anything contribute to such acts.

Thanks
Dawud

Assalamu`alaykum

I've seen Black Magic used on my house and this made me study it very extensively I curse those who perform it for evil. You can advise him the Scholars have studied and derived cures from Qur'aan to be safe from and cure Sihr. Try to tell him the Qur'aan is the best cure and protection.
Many Scholars have also stated one who practices it will become Kaafir.

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Avoid the seven great destructive sins." The people enquire, "O Allah's Apostle! What are they? "He said, "To join others in worship along with Allah, to practice sorcery, to kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause, (according to Islamic law), to eat up Riba (usury), to eat up an orphan's wealth, to give back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting, and to accuse, chaste women, who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers. (Book #51, Hadith #28)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

no sister, you are totally wrong. black magic do exist.

but you are right, we have Quran for protection. like ayat kursi and last 3 surahs.

(Quran 2:102): ...and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by God's permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter.

My dear brother. We are not talk about magic is exist by islam but magic people believe to exict.

There is no "black" magic anywhere than just mind of some people.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
There is no such thing as being possessed by Jinn or by Satan. It's a fable and a pagan belief, which Muslims should not accept.

its unfortunate that such words come from a knowledgeable person like you. have you not read the *authentic* reports from *reliable* scholars speaking their experience with black magic? how they recited the Quranic verses in front of person supposedly possessed with jinn in him/her and the jinn started speaking or left the body or they beat the person but jinn cried?

or should i brainwash myself and believe that all this is false?

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum warahmatu-llah

when you talk about magic, it must be black magic!
no magic is white, what is evil always "black"!

Black Magic exist, though believing in it is not a part of Islam.
Jinn possession does exist

one who says that Jinn possession/black magic doesn't exist, what will he say about the black magic done to our beloved Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam. for which Sura Naas and Sura Falaq was revealed?

Jinn or black magic wont gonna possess over us, until we are protected by Allah subhanahu wa ta'la. for that we must do dua, to save us all the way from evil and bad!

we must read, Surah naas, surah Falaq, ayatul kursi, so that it doesn't work/pssess on us.

when someone will do black magic over anyone, untill then jinn has got manythings to do rather than to get over anyone!!

wa-llahu ta'la alim

JazakAllah khair
wassalam

mohamedan

salam warahmatullah! brother now u've done it so that cant be changed! asking the assistance isnt bad but u shud have asked abt that activity wich can any way be related to shirk or similar degree of wrong doing! ask forgiveness from Allah! He surely is gretest and forgiver!and keep ur toung wet with rituals (zik'r). indeed magic is a reality and our prophet went thru it and experienced its effects! so after having any truble try to find ur answer in quran n sahi hadith! ignorance is not an excuse for doing wrong deeds! may Allah give us guidance twrds rite path...

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

Jinn possession is real. There are two good books on this, I cannot recall the exact names.

Ibn Taymiyah (rahimahullaah) said: (Majmoo' Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam):

"The fact that the jinn may enter the human body is well established according to the consensus of the imaams of Ahl as-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah.

Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) says:

'Those who eat Ribaa will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity.'

(Qur'aan, 2: 275)

Bukhaari narrated that the Prophet :saw: said:

'Shaytaan flows through man's veins like blood.'

(Bukhaari, 6/336, no. 3281; Muslim, 4/1712, no. 2175)

Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal said:

'I said to my father, some people say that the jinn does not enter the body of the possessed.

He said,

O' my son, they are lying, and the jinn speaks through the mouth of that person.'"

Ibn Taymiyah also said:

"What he said is well known, for he (the jinn) causes a man to have a fit, then he speaks in a foreign language that he does not know; mighty blows may be delivered to him, which would fell a camel, but despite that the person who is suffering the fit does not feel the blows and is unaware of the words he is speaking. The possessed person may be dragged, along with other people and the carpet on which he is sitting, and furniture may be moved about, and other things may take place. Whoever witnesses such things will realise that the one who is speaking on the lips of a human and who is moving these bodies, is of another nature that is not human."

And he said (rahimahullaah):

"There is no one among the imaams of the Muslims who denies that the jinn may enter the body of the one who is possessed and other. Whoever denies that and claims that Islam denies that, is telling lies against Islam. There is nothing in the evidence of Islam to deny that."

He mentioned that among those who denied that the jinn enter the body of the one who is possessed was a group among the Mu'tazilah such as Al-Jabaa'i and Abu Bakr ar-Raazi.

(Majmoo' Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam, 19/12)

(Source: The World of the Jinn and Devils by Umar al-Ashqar).

Additionally there is a section later in the book exploring this issue albeit briefly compared to another book about Jinn possession that I cannot recall.

The Messenger :saw: did that more than once. It is narrated from Umm Abaan bint al-Waazi' ibn Zaari' ibn 'Aamir al-'Abdi, from her father, that her grandfather Al-Zaari' went to the Messenger of Allah :saw:, taking with him a son of his who was possessed, or a nephew (sister's son) of his.

"My grandfather said: when I came to the Messenger of Allah I said,

'I have with me a son of min - or a nephew of mine - who is possessed. I have brought him to you so pray for him.'

He said,

'Bring him to me.'

So I went to him, and he was still sitting on his riding-animal. I lifted him down and removed his travelling clothes and dressed him in two fine garments, then I took him by the hand and brought him to the Messenger of Allah :saw:.

He said,

'Bring him closer to me, and turn his back towards me.'

He grabbed him by his clothes, top and bottom, and started to hit his back, (raising his arm) so high that I saw the whiteness of his armpits, saying,

'Get out, enemy of Allah; get out, enemy of Allah!'

Afterwards, the boy's eyes looked normal, not as they had looked before. Then the Messenger of Allah :saw: sat him down in front of him, and prayed for him there was no one in the delegration who was better than him."

This is narrated by At-Tabaraani.

(Majma' al-Zawaa'id, 9/2. Al-Haythami said concerning it: No one narrated from Umm Abaan except Matar. Al-Haythami narrated the hadith from Ahmad in his Musnad in a shorter version than that narrated by At-Tabaarani. He said, its isnaad includes Hind bint al-Waazi', whom I do not know, but the rest of its men are thiqaat (trustworthy)).

In Al-Musnad it is also narrated that Ya'laa ibn Murrah said:

"I saw three things from the Messenger of Allah :saw: that no one had seen before me and no one saw after me.

I went on a journey with him, and as we were travelling on one of the roads, we passed by a woman who was sitting with a child of hers. She said,

'O' Messenger of Allah, this child is suffering and we are suffering because of that. He is overpowered (by the jinn) I don't know how many times each day.'

He said,

'Give him to me.'

She lifted him up to him, and put him in front of him on the saddle, then he opened his mouth and blew into it three times, and said:

'In the name of Allah, I am the slave of Allah. Begone O' enemy of Allah!'

Then he gave him back to her and said,

'Meet us in the same place when we are coming back, and tell us what happens.'

We went, then we came back, and we found her in that place, and she had three sheep with her.

He said,

'How is your son?'

She said,

'By the One who sent you with the truth, we have not noticed anything with him until now. Take these sheep as a gift.'

He said (to me),

'Get down and take one from her, and give the others back.'"

(Narrated by Ahmad in his Musnad, 4/170. Al-Daarimi (1/15, no. 17) also narrated a similar version of this story from Jaabir)

(The World of the Jinn and Devils)

There are additional reports of how the Messenger :saw: expelled the jinn from the body of one who was possessed; Insha'Allaah I will try to post these.

It is narrated that 'Uthmaan ibn Abi'l-'Aas (radhiyAllaahu anh) said:

"When the Messenger of Allah :saw: appointed me as governor of Al-Taa'if, I started to experience problems in my prayer, such that I did not know what I was doing in my prayer. When I noticed that, I went to the Messenger of Allah :saw:.

He said,

'The son of Abi'l-'Aas?'

I said,

'Yes, O' Messenger of Allah.'

He said,

'What brings you here?'

I said,

'O' Messenger of Allah, I am experiencing problems with my prayers, so that I do not know what I am doing in my prayer.'

He said,

'That is the Shaytaan. Come closer.'

So I came closer to him and squatted. He tapped me on the chest three times with his hand and blew in my mouth, and said,

'Get out, enemy of Allah!'

He did that three times, then he said,

'Go and get on with your work.'"

(Saheeh Sunan ibn Maajah, 2/273, no. 2858)

If the one who is possessed suffers and cannot find any cure for his problem, and he bears that with patience, then he will have a great reward with Allah. In Saheeh al-Bukhari it is narrated that 'Ataa' ibn Abi Rabaah said:

Ibn Abbaas said to me,

'Shall I not tell you about one of the women of Paradise'

I said,

'Yes'.

He said,

'This black woman came to the Prophet :saw: and said,

'I suffer from seizures and I become uncovered; pray to Allah for me.'

He said,

'If you wish you may bear it with patience and Paradise will be yours, or if you wish I will pray to Allah to heal you.'

She said,

'I will be patient.'

Then she said,

'But I become uncovered; pray to Allah that I will not be uncovered.'

So he prayed for her."

Muhammad narrated to us that Mukhallad told us from Ibn Jurayj (who said) 'Ataa' told me that he saw Umm Zafar, that tall black woman, clinging to the curtain of the Ka'bah. (Saheeh al-Bukhari, 10/114, no. 5652) Ibn Hajar mentioned that this woman said:

"I am afraid that this evil one (i.e., the devil who was possessing her) may cause me to become uncovered."

The Messenger expelled jinn by means of commands, prohibitions and curses, but these are not enough on their own. Strength of faith, certainty of belief and a good relationship with Allah also play major role in that, as will be clear from the following report:

It is narrated that Imam Ahmad was sitting in his mosque, when a companion of his came to him from the khaleefah Al-Mutawakkil, and said,

"In the house of the Ameer al-Mu'mineen there is a slave woman who is possessed. I have been sent to you so that you may pray to Allah to heal her."

Imam Ahmad gave him a pair of wooden slippers and said to him,

"Go to the house of the Ameer al-Mu'mineen, and sit by the woman's head, and say to the jinni,

'Ahmad says to you, which would you like better, to leave the woman or to be struck with these slippers seventy times?'

The man went to the slave woman with the slippers and sat by her head, and repeated what Imam Ahmad had told him to say.

The maarid (jinni) said, speaking through the woman's lips,

'Ahmad is to be heard and obeyed. If he told us to leave Iraq we would do so, because he obeys Allah, and whoever obeys Allah, everything will obey him.'

Then he left the slave woman, and she calmed down and later bore children.

When Imaam Ahmad died, the maarid came back to her. The ruler asked one of the companions of Ahmad to pray for her. He came, bringing those shoes with him, and said.

'Come out, or I will hit you with these shoes.'

The maarid said:

'I will not obey you and I will not come out, but Ahmad ibn Hanbal obeyed Allah, so we were instructed to obey him.'"

(The World of the Jinn and Devils by Umar al-Ashqar)

Also, I have heard many anecdotal stories of jinn possession and often the cause of it is failing to follow the Qur'aan and the Sunnah - the family or the person could be doing things that are contrary to pure Tawheed and importantly it is the Will of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala).

Walaykum Salaam.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
In reference to the question, Insha'Allaah this ruling might help:

Question

I have a friend whose wife was subjected to magic and no medicine has helped her. So another person pointed out a man to us who treats magic with magic... is this man guilty of any sin, since he is using magic in order to benefit others and he is not harming anyone by it? And is there any sin upon my friend for going to this magician in order to cure his wife from what is afflicting her?

Answer

I would like to make clear that magic is one of the major sins; indeed, it is Kufr if the magician seeks help from the devils or commits Shirk thereby. Teaching magic is also Kufr and it is incumbent to avoid it and beware of it so one does not fall victim to the kind of Kufr which takes one out of the fold of Islam. As for removing the spell of one affected by magic, it may be divided into two categories. The first category is through the use of permitted invocations from the Qur'aan; this is allowed and there is no objection to it. One of the best things to be recited against magic is:

Say: "I seek refuge with the Lord of the daybreak."

(Surah al-Falaq)

And:

Say: "I seek refuge with the Lord of mankind."

(Surah an-Naas)

The second category is curing magic by magic; in this matter there is a difference of opinion, both among the early scholars and later scholars. Some of them permit it because of the removal of evil in it for the one who is under its spell and others have forbidden it. The Prophet :saw: was asked about An-Nushrah (treatment of magic, often involving counteractive magic) and he said:

"It is from the deeds of Satan."

(Abu Dawood, no. 3868)

And the deeds of Satan are those which contain magic. As for that which uses permitted invocations, there is neither objection nor opposition to it, until such times as Allah cures him of that (which ails him). As for the belief in magic, it is of two types: The first is that one believes that it has an effect, and there is no objection to this, because it is a matter of fact. The second type is to believe in it and to accept it; this is forbidden and not permitted.

Ibn Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah).

(Fatawa Islamiyah, Volume 1, Creed, pg. 227-228)

Walaykum Salaam.

g0lden

Thank you very much brothers and sisters. I really appreciate all the responses. This helps me as well.

Dawud

Abu Talib

Feeling low
The Book of God says differently; that's what we should follow. See this article that discusses the Quranic evidence you cited and shows why it does not mean Jinn possession.

So what was the Prophet Peace Upon Him doing then if you read above

What say its a weak narration or you know more than the Prophet.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
The Book of God says differently; that's what we should follow. See this article that discusses the Quranic evidence you cited and shows why it does not mean Jinn possession.

So.... any classical scholars you could quote that mentioned what you are mentioning or the website mentions?

islamdonlyway

assalamualikum

jazakallah for the evidence 'ditta' ...you gave a solid proof....i cant stop laughing about those brothers and sisters still denying it when you have given them proof...they just for some reason cannot accept it...being very ignorent.its SHOCKING !

Status
Not open for further replies.