Islamic Histroy of Subcontinent!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Dr. Mubarak Ali,

I was introduced to this guy by a respected brother at TTI when debating the role of Muhammad Bin Qasim in the Sub continent. I tried to do a lil research about him. I'm glad I did. It only reminded me of what Abu Ameena had said during a Hadeeth class. He said if the rules of authentifcation of hadeeth are applied to the modern news, articals and books, we'll have to bin them without a second thought.

About his education, books and early life, wiki him. I want to share this:

I found out that this man is, how do we say politely, A Secular Muslim?? He happens not to believe in the two Nation theory. According to which the Muslims by the virtue of their faith are a nation, separate and distinct from the rest of the nations. (In simple words, they are one big Family- Ummah). He also believes the founder of Pakistan was wrong in asking for a separate Muslim homeland for the Muslims of India and believes religion is to be interpreted according to the needs of man.

There is a lecture of his on Youtube named "Tracing the Roots of Religious Extremism". It's is in urdu. I haven't heard it all yet, and perhaps I never will.

I feel so sad knowing we got people within ourselves who have dedicated their lives working against Islam. 'Audhobillah! It's really concerning how shaitan works his way out and poison our brains. May Allaah straighten our affairs.

Can anyone share books on Islamic histroy of Sub continent by trusted Authors. By trusted I mean those who are not deviant? Secular, Soofees and all. I want to read the Muhammad Bin Qasim story again. The books I reffered to right now, showed him quite opposite to what this guy claims him to be. Any suggestions?

JazaakumAllahu Khayraa.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

I think if there is a fresh water body in our vicinity there is no need to dig up wells.

This guy Azimul,AllahuAalim,for now is on a mission to share his misguidance with us. Leave him and let him go.

Regards.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamu Alaikum:

I think if there is a fresh water body in our vicinity there is no need to dig up wells.

This guy Azimul,AllahuAalim,for now is on a mission to share his misguidance with us. Leave him and let him go.

Regards.

Respected brother, if you find this thread is a problem, report it, the mods can delete it if required. I have no issues. The author has been spreading lies, I want to be equipped with truth.

Although this man was mentioned in that brothers' thread, my thread itself is not for him to preach his ideas.

Br. Azmul can believe in whatever he wishes to, I'm done pointing out the errors of his ideas.

BaraakAllah feek.

The mods can do as they feel is fit. But it will be great if someone can share a couple of good books Inshaa'Allaah.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

Respected sister,this is one topic I have been searching for as well and I have not come across a single reliable source except there were secular or sufi historians ,with lots of deviant views.
InshaAllah now I am reminded ,I will ask someone here inshaallah about some books on it.InshaAllah I think some books might be available in madrassas,but would have to look for them inshaallah.

:wasalam:

khangul

your sister
Asalamo'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Dr. Mubarak Ali,

I was introduced to this guy by a respected brother at TTI when debating the role of Muhammad Bin Qasim in the Sub continent. I tried to do a lil research about him. I'm glad I did. It only reminded me of what Abu Ameena had said during a Hadeeth class. He said if the rules of authentifcation of hadeeth are applied to the modern news, articals and books, we'll have to bin them without a second thought.

About his education, books and early life, wiki him. I want to share this:

I found out that this man is, how do we say politely, A Secular Muslim?? He happens not to believe in the two Nation theory. According to which the Muslims by the virtue of their faith are a nation, separate and distinct from the rest of the nations. (In simple words, they are one big Family- Ummah). He also believes the founder of Pakistan was wrong in asking for a separate Muslim homeland for the Muslims of India and believes religion is to be interpreted according to the needs of man.

There is a lecture of his on Youtube named "Tracing the Roots of Religious Extremism". It's is in urdu. I haven't heard it all yet, and perhaps I never will.

I feel so sad knowing we got people within ourselves who have dedicated their lives working against Islam. 'Audhobillah! It's really concerning how shaitan works his way out and poison our brains. May Allaah straighten our affairs.

Can anyone share books on Islamic histroy of Sub continent by trusted Authors. By trusted I mean those who are not deviant? Secular, Soofees and all. I want to read the Muhammad Bin Qasim story again. The books I reffered to right now, showed him quite opposite to what this guy claims him to be. Any suggestions?

JazaakumAllahu Khayraa.

sister i would prefer this lecture of shaikh meraj rabbani , please check out this lect with the name BARRE SAGHEER here

http://islamic-corner.com/pg008.html

Perseveranze

Asalaamu alaikum,

I did a search and here's some pretty good links that have good information regarding that part of history.

"While Muslim kings ruled India for around eight centuries, they did not enforce widespread conversions. For the Muslim empires, the stability of their rule was far more important than conversion. Also, while they did rule under Islamic terms, the Muslim rulers left the laity alone. Conversions were thus voluntary."
Source: http://indian-history.suite101.com/article.cfm/islam_in_india
Some good reads;

http://www.khilafah.com/index.php/concepts/islamic-culture/9921-al-hind-and-islam

http://www.islamcan.com/islamic-history/muslim-rule-in-india.shtml

strive-may-i

:wasalam:
Firstly, the mischief was evident from the beginning in other thread. Go read that thread again, you will get enough hints about the one who started the thread, where his true identity lies... Your longer-than-the-previous responses there were eye catching, and May Almighty give you more insights, energy, strength, will to uphold not-tainted-by-self-interest truth... Ameen

strive-may-i

Origin of Malice in written History of Sub-continent

Early european (read christian crusade inspired) went ahead with propaganda mission and wrote malice about Islam... They were not happy with the vibrant culture thriving under the Muslim rulers, and to meet their ends (just like how Hitler did in GErmany), they wrote malice, to cover up their own shortcomings

The history of Sub continent also has been written by some subversive British historians with an intent to divide the population, policies were implemented to split the native folks along religious lines.. The seeds were sown well, its roots went deep in the mindset of sub-continent dwellers, ending in splitting up a mighty sub continent into three pieces...

The current subversive historians of subcontinent (read it as hindu fundamentalists) too filled with propaganda mission are rewriting their own decent past and filling it with malice. They are not willing to accept, the ills their society has, their population still suffers from caste system, feudal system, regionalism etc... If you searched, you will find material out there, which squarely blames Muslim rulers for their 2000+ old years caste system... *yes ridiculous*...

Even to this day reliable news provide reports that the downtrodden in sub continent society getting converted en mass peacefully by Christian missionaries... The newly cropped up Hindu Fundamentalists, its reported have committed heinous crimes on the missionaries... now that gives good insight about how deeply poisoned they are. If they can treat a person who goes to remote parts, uplifts these abandoned societies standard of living, imagine how wicked their intelligent writings would be on a subject they want to project badly...

strive-may-i

Broader outlook needed , due to lack of reliable material

okay enough of pointing at others... The lesson that I have learnt is to specialize in specific topic, its important to understand or have basic knowledge of topics related to that topic. Am sure you too are aware of this. Am just pointing on how I approached this...

So to understand History of Islam after Prophet Mohammad :saw: era in Sub continent, its important to first have a fair idea of the land, its people, its demography right from 6th century...

Let me add Subcontinent is very vast, it has very deep history, Its also a land which has seen waves of religions beliefs Starting from vedic belief, jainism, Zorastrianism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity... etc. An understanding of how Islam spread elsewhere in world too, during the same period*hint indonesia* will also assist in this matter... [It was peaceful means, there is no doubt about it]

Now coming to understanding the history of subcontinent in the 7-18th century, its out there documented, its out there in the various local languages, but most are lost... The Rulers of that vast land had court scholars (irrespective of religion), they have written down detailed accounts. But thanks to poor efforts to preserve the facts... The few true historians out there, blame the rest for this loss...

Yes there are gaps in documented history,historic reliable sources cannot answer specifics, so for the hungry loud mouthed , malice filled minds, the cooked up facts end up acting as fodder, that is exactly where the fake malice filled historians start to rule the roost...*Ironic*

Am no expert, I confess, but putting some facts bluntly does help. And its offcourse a lesson the way the hadees were compiled and documented, is it not!!

strive-may-i

Its not forced, its natural submission to will of Allah

Islam adoption was natural and not violently forced
Lets get to the point... Soo Rulers who are followers of Islam, ruled various parts of India for nearly 800 Years, I repeat 800 years... If sword was the modus operandi, then the sub-continent would have been just like south america( swept cleansed by a wave of christianity/ spanish.). if sword was modus operandi, Sub continent would have had just one language and that language would have been the state language.
But if you check and talk to the folks from length of breadth of sub continent, you will realize each region has its own distinct culture/language all intact, untouched by the Muslim Rulers...​

The southern tip of India has muslims who speak the local language(heard its kannada, malayalam and tamil). Bangladesh muslims speak Bangla. The state patronage for a specific language, made many Indians learn the language Urdu. But am told that the urdu spoken has diluted and is similar to Hindi, while the written urdu is very different from the spoken one.​

Now these are facts at broadest level. Now with this present demographic knowledge if one starts working it backwards... the truth is obvious, its not forced violently with bloodshed of sword.