it's so depressing to know when...

Shaiyad

Assalmu alikum wr wb brothers and sisters.

I am a recent revert to Islam and have done some major research into Islam before i had converted from Hinduism.

We all agree that doing Dawah has significant reward. That is to say, if you do a prophet's job, you earn a prophets reward. We also know that Dawah starts from within ourselves. It starts from own own actions - by becoming exemplary Muslims.

Moreover, the Quran states the criteria of Jannah in chapter 103 verse 1-3 in the Holy Quran. That is, faith (believing in the oneness of god, his messengers, books, angels, etc.), righteous deed, DAWAH, and calling others to patience and perseverance.

I do believe however, that judging a person immediately is wrong as the prophet pbuh had said that always give the other person the benefit of the doubt!
for instance, my wife who is also a revert from hinduism did not tell her parents that she was muslim immediately and thus she could not wear her hijab as it would be an indicator of her new religion that her parents condemned. Therefore we cannot judge others and consider what they are doing as completely wrong.

At the same time though, we cannot use this as a means to never telling any muslim what is best! We have to exhort people to righteousness. Announce the punishment that Allah has layed down in the Hadith. (When the prophet pbuh went for mirage, he saw women strung from their hair and when asked of their crime he was told that they were of those who never covered their hair and sought attention as thus).

Therefore, we cannot automatically become upset or sad for or call wrong to one who does not wear a hijab but we can tell them that it is obligatory and maybe they will know better or even share with you the reason why they dont and they may just be fearing their life for all you know. But it is still our duty to announce to them that she must guard her modesty as the quran says in chapter 24 verse 30 and 31. - It says "Say to the believing man..." and "say to the believing woman..." So it is our duty to remind them or make them aware of Allah's commandments but it is not for us to come up with a preconceived notion that the other part is wrong or that we should woe them!

May Allah be with you all and guide us to the right path.

rayhanaljanna

islam is like beeing pregnant

once i read in this forum these words "islam is like beeing pregnant" i never heard such a beautiful comparition,perhaps many of you didnot pay much attention to that, but it really needs to be discussed yes islam is like beeing pregnant!!
allah subhanahou wataala ordered us in the q'uran to do many thing, to pray , to fast, to help poors ...to wear the hijab for women, but when you look to our societies today you find a big difference between islam and muslims, so many people dont pray and many teenagers dont even fast , women dont wear the hijab and i think that we all heard about the man who became a muslim and who said "alhamdouallah that i knew islam before i knew muslims", if we know that they are all orders from allah so why we take someones and we left others, perhaps we take the easier??!!
i dont find words, but i will write a long reply inshallah
wajazakallah kayran for choosing this subject

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Salam Bawar
She was expressing her concerns as were other members here. There is a difference between expressing concerns and jumping to assumptions that non hijabi women are out there to look like "kaffirs". This concern could have been posed as a productive dialogue instead it was more like an attack on non hijabi women......this is one of the things that is wrong with our Ummah today.:wasalam:

:salam2: sister just incase you are back and reading this.

..well reality check, physically don't they look like kafirs? Sister Aaminah didn't mean to say they ARE kafirs in deed.

Ramadhaan Kareem.

Jannah03

Asalaamu alakum, i totally understand what you mean. Ive been wearing hijab since i was 14 and now that im 22 im now wearing jilbab and niqab. I see so many muslim women who dont wear hijab, mostly because of cultural reasons it seems like or the misinterupt the quran but dont take heed to the sunnah and hadiths when it comes to hijab. all we can do is make dua for every muslim, man and woman, to adhere to Quran and Sunnah.