Jinn child?

BegumRehana

Asalamwalaikum wa rahmathullahi wa barakathu :)

Just trying to find an answer to a question from a non-muslim;

"Is there such thing as jinn child"..?

I know there are jinns but her specific question is regarding jinn child...

JazakaAllah for helping.

cuibono

jinn child

Yes there are child jinn just like human child, they have cattle and beasts too like us

Check this interview with muslim Jinni who is prince on Youtube

watch?v=bk51OizBdTo&playnext=1&list=PL477311913E813A88

auroran

:salam2:

The jinn are different from humans so you can't have to different species procreating. Even if the human or jinn mom conceives, the human mom can't have a jinn baby within her for fifteen months and an invisible woman can't nurse her visible. Such pregnancies usually ends with a miscarriage. Imagine having an invisible father. It hurts for a jinn to take form as a human.

I got this information from the video link brother cuibono gave us. JazakAllahu khair!!!

:salam2:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

I'm not sure exactly what the question means however, Insha'Allaah, the post below will help:

(2) – The jinn get married and multiply

It seems that the jinn get married. Some of the scholars understood this to be the case based on the aayah in which Allah says of the wives of the people of Paradise:

'with whom no man or jinni has had tamth (sexual intercourse) before them.'

(Qur'aan 55: 56)

Tamth in Arabic means sexual intercourse, and it is said that it means sexual intercourse from which bleeding results (i.e., deflowering).

Al-Safaareeni mentioned a hadith whose isnad requires further examination, which says,

"The jinn produce offspring, just as the sons of Adam produce offspring, but they are greater in number."

Whether this hadith is saheeh or not, the aayah clearly states that the jinn engage in sexual intercourse, and this is sufficient evidence for us.

Our Lord has told us that the Shaytaan has offspring. Allah says rebuking those who take the Shaytaan and his offspring as friends:

'Will you then take him ('Iblees) and his offspring as protectors and helpers rather than Me while they are enemies to you?

(Qur'aan 18: 50)

Qataadah said:

"The children of the Shaytaan produce offspring just as the children of Adam produce offspring, but they are greater in number."

(Laqt al-Marjaan, p. 51)

And:

Some people claim that the jinn do not eat or drink, or get married. This view is proven false by the evidence that we have quoted above from the Qur’aan and Sunnah.

Some of the scholars suggested that the jinn are of different types, some of whom eat and drink and some do not. Wahb ibn Munabbih said:

“The jinn are of different types. The pure jinn are spirits who do not eat, drink, die or produce offspring. And there are other types who do eat, drink, produce offspring, get married and die. These are the female demons, ghouls, and the like.”

This is narrated by Ibn Jareer.

(Lawaami’ al-Anwaar, 2/222)

What Wahb mentioned requires evidence, but there is no evidence.

Some of the scholars have tried to discuss how the jinn eat, whether that involves chewing and swallowing, or sniffing and inhaling. Discussing such matters is wrong and is not permissible, because we have no knowledge of how they do that, and Allah and His Messenger :saw: have not told us anything about that.

And refer to the full post regarding what brother 'Abu Talib' posted:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=494653#post494653

I hope this clarifies.