Just a quick story I wrote :)

hayaat_ii

Muslimah
Hey guys, read this story please, it's quite short but its a start I suppose.
I always liked writing, so if you could tell me what you think of it. And be honest please. Thanks!

Title: Walk like you’ll never walk again.

Five minutes later, she was already tired and out of breath.
This was a far cry from her childhood years where she wasn’t able to sit straight for a while. Indeed, laziness had changed and moulded this girl in a way she was not recognisable to those who knew her then.
Everyday, the same scenario took place in her head and she would always set off with every good intention of walking up the hill to go to school. It was the longest hill she had ever seen and had only walked up there a few times and even then, she would reach the top of the hill sweating, all hot and bothered. However, her intentions of walking up the hill would fade a short while after she got out of her house and she would settle just to walk up to the bus stop and wait for the ever time- taking bus that the 53 was and get on it as soon as it came, suppressing the guilty thoughts that would so often force their way in her head.
When the time to go home came, she would go to the nearest bus stop and wait for a ridiculous amount of time while the other students walked down the hill, which as time went, had become her biggest nightmare, and would get home before she ever did.
One sunny Saturday afternoon, her house was deserted and her mum, father, grandfather, sisters and her brother were all away. Like she would always do when she was on her own, she sat down on the computer and began surfing away. A short while after, one particular video caught her eye and she began watching it. The video was very moving and it was about the wishes a paralysed young boy had and his thoughts on never being able to do what he most liked and so dearly longed for . She began thinking about how pathetic it was that, she, who always had everything, could moan and complain about meaningless things while that boy was sad about the fact that he wouldn’t be able to pray again or to kiss his mother goodnight, and he who could rightly complain about how he was, didn’t. The end of the video reduced her in tears and she couldn’t stop crying.
That night, in her bed, she began contemplating the blessing that Allah (swt) had bestowed upon her and how she took them for granted. As she was reflecting on everything she had, she realised that people only notice the favours of Allah, when they lose it. Taking herself as an example, she thought, how could it be that I who have got two legs and can perfectly walk, rarely used them. She was profoundly disturbed by her laziness, which she thought was to blame. Laziness, she was sure, would never dictate her life again.
Sure enough, a while after, she was walking to school everyday and it was more then a pleasure then for her to thank Allah (swt) so much for having blessed her in so many ways and she was very happy that she was aware of those blessings now. Whenever she had the possibility, she made sure that she used those blessed legs of hers and walked like she would never walk again.
Nevertheless, she still found going up the hill a bit exhausting but she knew that many people, in the world, would give anything to have the legs to walk up a hill, she, therefore no longer moaned about those insignificant things that life, sometimes brought on her.

Wrote by: Hayaat Abdi-Aynab

Alhamdulilah

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
masha Allah

:bismillah1:
in the name of Allah the most merciful the most compasionate.
to be honest sister that was great.i have seen people that think their life is not how they wanted to be. the only way your life can be perfect is that you have legs, eyes, ears, hands, all these are miracales of Allah it is a gift to us and we should thank Allah for how much we have. i like the fact that you compared someone who have legs and someone who don`t. alahamdulilah! masha Allah!