KFC Story..ByTheWay KFC IS NOT HALAL

Zaii

LifeIsAStruggle____
KFC diner told 'you can't have bacon in your burger here - we're now halal'
By KATHERINE FAULKNER

A diner was left fuming after a KFC restaurant took his favourite meal off the menu because it breached their new halal regulations.
Alan Phillips was told he would have to travel five miles to another branch if he wanted the Big Daddy, a chicken burger, topped with bacon, cheese and salad.
The branch, in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, is one of 86 KFC restaurants which is running trials of a scheme where they sell nothing other than halal meat.

Trial: This KFC in Burton-on-Trent is one of 86 stores to be selling nothing other than halal meat during the next few months
The company has taken the burger off the menu because Islamic dietary law forbids Muslims to eat anything which has been prepared on the same premises as pork, which is itself strictly forbidden.
It said it was responding to 'increased demand' for a halal menu in the areas of Britain with growing Muslim populations.
Mr Phillips said he found the change 'extremely unfair' on non-Muslim customers.
'I can't believe a chain like this has taken this stance,' he said. 'Staff told me that due to the dietary laws halal meat could not be prepared in the same place as other meats, so I couldn't have my bacon.
It was like they were saying I couldn't buy bacon because it might offend people.'
Mr Phillips was told he would have to travel to another KFC five miles away to buy his bacon burger. He protested that this was too far for him to travel.
'It is getting silly,' he said. 'I have many friends who are black, white and Muslim but they wouldn't be forced to eat non-halal meat.

Banned: The Big Daddy has been banned at 86 KFC restaurants
'I have no problem with them selling halal meat, but I would like the choice.'
Traditionally, halal meat must be slaughtered by hand, although KFC, which has more than 750 restaurants in the UK, said its chickens are not killed in this way.
The meat must also be blessed in the name of Allah and cannot be kept on the same premises as banned substances including pork and alcohol.
KFC spokesman Nina Arnott said the halal trial was expected to last 'a few months'.
She said: 'We've responded to requests to provide halal food in some parts of the UK and the Middleway Park restaurant in Burton is one of the restaurants taking part in our trial.
'The Big Daddy is the only product we've taken off the menu at our trial stores and we're using exactly the same ingredients and exactly the same tasting chicken as before.'

kayleigh

Um...there's so much wrong with this. Mainly, the fact that someone would get angry because they got rid of a sandwich called "Big Daddy" - they're doing him a favor lol

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

At least one of the UK branches has been granted permission to stock non-stunned meat provided by local suppliers. A brother I know has confirmed seeing a legitimate invoice/proof of purchase that shows the meat is from a reliable supplier (if I get full details I'll let you know inshaa' Allaah)...

Allaah knows best, we should check always check the certification.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam Alaikum

I've quitted the KFC a coulple of year before Inshaa'Allah.....
I dont think KFC is Halal at all....coz if you keep aside the method of slaughtering for the sake of arguement.....still there is a thing that....do they take the name of Allah...during the slaughter.
May be the whole process goes on Machine...the slaughtering....(if we admit it...for the sake of the huge demand,that it is not possible for them to slaughter every single chicken.)...but if the name of Allah is not taken during the process.....its no way Halal...

We muslim have to be concious about that, we should not intake this type of food with confusion.If the meat is Haram...then we r putting haram in our body and we'll have haram parts in our body,by this...our body will not be blessed and will not be enter jannah....

now one can say that...I didnt know....or I dont know...is it my fault....I'll say Yes...their are lots of Scholars and ppl warning us about the possibilities....but no one is giving attention...atleast....you have the ability to justify..Allah has given you the Tawfeek..inshaa'Allah...how can one so careless about such important thing?...

I hope one will be able to understand....and quit these type of food....these are also a handywork of satan.....

May Allah guide us all

Jazakallahu Khairn wa barakallahu feeke
wassalam

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Salam Alaikum

I've quitted the KFC a coulple of year before Inshaa'Allah.....
I dont think KFC is Halal at all....coz if you keep aside the method of slaughtering for the sake of arguement.....still there is a thing that....do they take the name of Allah...during the slaughter.
May be the whole process goes on Machine...the slaughtering....(if we admit it...for the sake of the huge demand,that it is not possible for them to slaughter every single chicken.)...but if the name of Allah is not taken during the process.....its no way Halal...

We muslim have to be concious about that, we should not intake this type of food with confusion.If the meat is Haram...then we r putting haram in our body and we'll have haram parts in our body,by this...our body will not be blessed and will not be enter jannah....

now one can say that...I didnt know....or I dont know...is it my fault....I'll say Yes...their are lots of Scholars and ppl warning us about the possibilities....but no one is giving attention...atleast....you have the ability to justify..Allah has given you the Tawfeek..inshaa'Allah...how can one so careless about such important thing?...

I hope one will be able to understand....and quit these type of food....these are also a handywork of satan.....

May Allah guide us all

Jazakallahu Khairn wa barakallahu feeke
wassalam

Salaamu 'alaykkum, subhanAllaah the very same discussion is going in another thread :| Let me post my response from that thread here in its entirety...

Salaamu 'alaykkum, brother just because you have not met scholars who do approve stunning does not mean that there are no scholars who approve this. In fact the Lajnah al-Daa'imah passed a fatwa that it is permissible...

What is the ruling on eating the flesh of animals that are slaughtered in a Muslim country by means of electric shocks, knowing that the animal is stunned with the electric shock until it falls to the ground, then the butcher slaughters it as soon as it has fallen to the ground.

Praise be to Allaah.

If the matter is as described, that the butcher slaughters the an’aam animal (camel, cow, sheep or goat) as soon as it falls to the ground after receiving an electric shock, if that is done when it is still alive, then it is permissible to eat it. But if he slaughters it after it has died then it is not permissible to eat it. This comes under the ruling on animals killed by a violent blow, which Allaah has forbidden unless they are properly slaughtered before they die. The slaughter does not count unless it is proven that the animal showed signs of life such as moving a leg or if blood flowed (at the time of slaughter) and so on, which indicates that it was still alive until the slaughtering was over. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al‑Maitah (the dead animals — cattle — beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which Allaah’s Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering (that which has been slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allaah, or has been slaughtered for idols) and that which has been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by the goring of horns — and that which has been (partly) eaten by a wild animal — unless you are able to slaughter it (before its death)”

[al-Maa'idah 5:3]

An’aam animals that have been exposed to a fatal blow are permissible so long as they are slaughtered properly before they die, otherwise it is not permissible to eat them.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 22/455.

And with regards to slaughtering an animal in the abattoir, then this is permissible according to the sound opinion and it is also permissible to say Bismillaah/tasmiyyah once...

There is nothing wrong with slaughtering chicken by means of modern machines, so long as they are sharp and they cut the throat and the oesophagus. If the machine slaughters a number of chickens at once, then it is sufficient for the person who is operating the machine to say Bismillaah just once when he starts operating it, with the intention of slaughtering them, provided that the person who is operating the machine is a Muslim or a kitaabi (one of the people of the Book, i.e., a Jew or a Christian).

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (22/463).

Now to the actual topic, there is a serious fitnah among brothers and sisters that HFA is haraam etc, and this is seriously wrong. People should do their researches properly and fear Allaah with regards to slandering people. I am not an advocate for HFA, but the fact is a lot of lies about them is going around.

Firstly not all animals are slaughtered mechanically, HFA prefers to use hand slaughter.

Secondly, they recite the tasmiyah on every individual animal/bird and this is part of their guidelines.

Thirdly, they say that it is mandatory that they make sure that NO STUNNING IS ALLOWED TO KILL THE ANIMAL/BIRD PRIOR TO SLAUGHTER. So let us have some husnu ad dhann and take the words of our brothers at HFA. If they say that they make sure, then we as a brother to them should take their word for it, and not go into ghuloo (extremes) and put doubts in ourselves.

I advise everyone to read their guidelines properly before making assumptions or quoting from someone you do not even know.

Here is a copy of their guidelines which was obtained from their site.
http://www.halalfoodauthority.co.uk/HFA Brief Guidlines for slaughtering.pdf

Jazakumullaahu khairan, wa salaamu 'alaykkum

P.S They do not do the whole "recorded" tasmiyah.