Khat banned in Shabab controlled Area!

Idris16

Somalia: Islamists impose khat ban in Kismayo
23 Jan 23, 2009 - 3:25:47 PM

KISMAYO, Somalia Jan 23 (Garowe Online) - Islamist administrators in Somalia's southern port of Kismayo have banned the sale of khat inside the city, Radio Garowe reports.

A decree issued by the Islamist Al Shabaab militia gave khat traders three days to follow the order and close down kiosks.

Khat
"The khat has destroyed the city's image," said Sheikh Hassan Yakub, the Al Shabaab spokesman in Kismayo while answering a reporter's question.

He said that the decision came after meetings between the Islamist rulers and khat traders, where the traders were permitted to sell khat at a location in the outskirts of Kismayo.

Khat is a leafy narcotic that is widely used across Somalia as a pastime.

This marks the first time a khat ban has been imposed in Kismayo following the port city's takeover by Islamist fighters in August last year.

Idris16

:salam2:
They have destroyed shirk, khat and cigarettes next and sinful things! Allaahu Akbar our next islamic emirate is in Somalia---> Islamic Emirate of Somalia

Al-Shabaab say they are a Salafis and they are fighting Jihad(Fard 'ayn) against Ethiopia. They have been attacked by USA in ground and air but still they are fighting for Allah's sake and they will continue so! They have been attacked by Uganda,Burundi and Kenya. But still the mujahideen are victorious as they were few just like they were few in the battle of Badr. They control most of the country without the help of Eritrea even though many that had declared jihad against ethiopia fled from the country and took refuge in a kafir country!(its a major sin to flee from the battlefield)

The Ameer of shabab- Shaykh Mukhtar Abu Zubayr(from somaliland)
The spokesman and commander of two regions of shabab-Shaykh Mukhtar Abu Mansur(Rahanweyn clan)
The commander of Jubba regions-Shaykh Hasan Turki(from Ogaden area in ethiopia)
These are our true leaders! :wasalam:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Excellent, thats really very good.

My somali freind was telling me how bad 'khat' is but its very popular, I hadnt heard of it before then - May Allaah reward them for banning this destructive substance Ameen.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

Thanks for sharing this good news with us. A suggestion, maybe you should use this thread as a default thread to give us update about Al Shabab time to time.
May Allah keep them firm and strong in their Deen and in their resolve. May He the Most Powerful, aid them in their struggle. Ameen.

:wasalam:

Idris16

Thanks for sharing this good news with us. A suggestion, maybe you should use this thread as a default thread to give us update about Al Shabab time to time.
May Allah keep them firm and strong in their Deen and in their resolve. May He the Most Powerful, aid them in their struggle. Ameen.
Ameeeen
Insh'Allah i will post here to update u!!

Idris16

somalia:Alshabab seizes Baidoa 'MPs surrendered and even a warlord'

:ma:

News like this only strengthens ones Iemaan.

Jazakallahu Khairan for this post
Hope this strengthens ur imaan then

Alshabab Islamist militants Monday took control of a Somali government's main stronghold town after the last Ethiopian troops left t the country, an official and witnesses said.

The Islamists wrested control of the town of Baidoa town, the seat of Somali parliament, said Abdi Hussein, a government official.

"They took control of the town after the Ethiopians left . There were casualities but I do not know how many," he told Mareeg online by telephone.

Several witnesses confirmed the takeover of the town, which the Islamists lost when Ethiopian forces entered the country to help bolster the government in late 2006.

Other eyewitnesses confirmed that Somali MP Mohamed Ibrahim Habsade and his troops and 10 MPs have given into the Alshabab when they came into the town."I saw heavily-armed Islamist fighters in the town chanting 'Allahu Akbar' -- God is Great. They took control of the town and the government forces fled to the countryside," eyewitness Noh Abdi said.

Over the past year, the insurgents have attacked government targets after being ousted from the southern and central regions by Ethiopian-backed Somali troops in early 2007.

The Islamists, accused of ties with Muslim extremist groups, have taken control of towns in the recent months in an apparent show of their determination to regain power in the country of nine million people.

The government, formed in Kenya in October 2004, has been trying to launch peace talks in a bid to save the Horn of Africa nation, but it has yet to make convincing progress.

The guerrilla fighting has killed thousands of people and forced hundreds of thousands to flee mainly from Mogadishu, which has been the epicentre of the clashes.

Somalia has lacked an effective government since the 1991 ousting of dictator Mohamed Siad Barre, which paved the way for factional clashes that have defied numerous bids to restore stability.

http://www.mareeg.com/fidsan.php?sid=10181&tirsan=3
------------------------------------------------------------------------
They have captured the MPs and a warlord Allahu Akbar! Never have Al Shabaab captured Baidoa until today!
------------> Islamic Emirate of Somalia

salam alaykum

i would b more than pleased if those somali fighters take control of the pakistani government and turn this place into an Islamic country also!

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Mashallah may Allah guide them all to follow this example ameen

Sorry i know this sounds a bit weird but i have been told one thing about Al shabab and some say they bring good whereas i hear someone else say to me they bring bloodshed and trouble and they dont want peace and i am somali so i want to know the truth because i believe if they are doing things like this why are muslims against it, i bet its to do with tribilism i hate that :angryred:

Hope someone can provide me with a simple way to undertsand it iam not that clear on politics much :girl3:

Idris16

Mashallah may Allah guide them all to follow this example ameen

Sorry i know this sounds a bit weird but i have been told one thing about Al shabab and some say they bring good whereas i hear someone else say to me they bring bloodshed and trouble and they dont want peace and i am somali so i want to know the truth because i believe if they are doing things like this why are muslims against it, i bet its to do with tribilism i hate that :angryred:

Hope someone can provide me with a simple way to undertsand it iam not that clear on politics much :girl3:

Sister we must first know that every one in Somalia has blood on their hands.
We can easily find a picture that shows that warlords are killing civilians but the question is 'Can we find a picture where Al Shabab are killing civilians?

Al Shabaab was the main reason for Ethiopia's withdrawal, they withdrew with shame! Many groups fled but Al Shabaab didn't flee at all, they have been attacked several time from the air and also their leaders have been killed and still are fighting to make Allah's words supreme in the land of Somalia.

And also Al Shabaab doesn't care which clans you belong!

I don't know about bloodshed but they use mortars and mortars kill civilians in a town like Mogadishu, I don't like their mortars but we should still support them! You can watch Al Jazeera's videos about Al Shabaab on their Youtube site.
Wa Salam Alaykum

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ But apparently, they are opposed to Al-Shabab and the majority of Somali's support them instead of Al-shabab, who, as sis Muslim18 said, are accused of being extreme.

This is what Ive been told at least.

edit: also, if al-Shabab were split from Mahakim wouldnt that have implications on their ability to apply shari'ah.

Idris16

^ But apparently, they are opposed to Al-Shabab and the majority of Somali's support them instead of Al-shabab, who, as sis Muslim18 said, are accused of being extreme.

This is what Ive been told at least.

edit: also, if al-Shabab were split from Mahakim wouldnt that have implications on their ability to apply shari'ah.
Islamic Courts Union(ICU) are very divided there are several ICU and they control two regions and parts of the capital.
Al Shabaab are opposed to ICU, alshabab split from ICU in 2007 because ICU's leadership fled to Eritrea.

Al Shabaab have already implied shari'ah in every regions in southern Somalia, Al Shabaab want to capture central regions and Mogadishu, You can watch Al Jazeera's recent videos about shabab, they have already imposed shari'ah in every places they control.
About the word 'extreme', you know the somalis doesn't know much about jihad, when was it the last time somalis fought jihad? it was a very long time ago! In 2006 there were somalis calling ICU for 'taliban', but if u ask these guys abt taliban they wont have an answer abt this, they dont even know what taliban are.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Jaza kallahu khair brother just got a bit confused i think my auntie supports al shabab but my mum says they kill innocent people going to work and such, i think thats because she watches somali universal tv its pretty baised anyway my mum and auntie always debate just wanted to understand inshallah i have some sort of undestanding now, i can ask my auntie more about this horrible issue :girl3:

May Allah give strength to those who fight inhis cause ameen

Idris16

Jaza kallahu khair brother just got a bit confused i think my auntie supports al shabab but my mum says they kill innocent people going to work and such, i think thats because she watches somali universal tv its pretty baised anyway my mum and auntie always debate just wanted to understand inshallah i have some sort of undestanding now, i can ask my auntie more about this horrible issue :girl3:

May Allah give strength to those who fight inhis cause ameen

Universal TV are only showing suffering somali civilians and things like that, they r afraid of holding interviews with groups its because they know they will get killed clan militias.

that's normal im sure that im the only one who supports Al Shabaab in my family plus my cousins, uncles and so on.

Idris16

Mujahideen execute one of their own- That's justice!

BARDHERE (Sh. M. Network)-The Somali Islamist insurgents in Bardhere town in Geda region have executed another Islamist soldier in the region, officials told Shabelle on Thursday.

Reports from Bardhere town say that the Islamic court in Bardhere town has sentenced the man to be executed after he shot and killed another man who was 30 and called Aden Xage in the town before two days by a time the Islamist fighters were conducting operations banning the use of kat (green grass) in the town.

The executed man was 28 and called Abdishukur Ahmed and he his execution has been committed after the parent of the other deceased man suggested that they could only be satisfied if the murderer executed in front of them as the Sharia law states.

The execution sentence happened in the airport of Bardhere town and both the relatives the two sides and other Islamist officials in the town were present there where the execution sentence took place

It is the first time that the Islamist administration in Bardhere town carries out such sentence in the town in Gedo region and the step has been welcomed greatly by many people in the town.

Source: Shabelle.net
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have we ever heard the so-called TFG execute one of their own?
'TFG' have always killed civilians and robbed them, the people of somalia doesn't like 'TFG' Its available in YT and u can see how 'TFG' have terrorized the people in the past!