Khatmay surahs and the Quran for a friend in need

swtangel45

Asalam Alaikum wrwb

I and a friend have planned to do a khatam of surah Muzammil and Taghaabun everyday alternatively, Surah Muzammil is to be read 41 times, and same with Surah Taghabun (Please correct if Im wrong), and also as many qurans possible as she is in a very difficult situation, which can change her life forever, and is in need of any duas, wazeefahs, ibaadat possible. Today we are reading surah Muzammil, and then tomorrow Surah Taghaabun, and then the day after surah Muzammil, so on, so if anybody is willing to pitch in may ALLAH subhanahu wa ta'ala Reward him/her greatly! The more khatams the better, so if anyone can read a juz or a surah once or twice or however times and however many days, even once please reply.

Jazakumullah ahsanal jazaa
and please keep her in your prayers.
Asalamu Alaikum wrwb.

LoveIslam123

salam aleikum
There is nothing like this in the Quran or Sunnah and doing this is Biddah(inovation) ,reading certain Surahs crtain number of times.

wasalam

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2: sister,

Insha'Allah tallah we will all make dua'a for the sister in whatever matter she is facing difficulty in.

As for the 'khatam', Have you verified that this is from the teaching of the prophet (pbuh) ie from the sunnah, dear sister ?

:wasalam:

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2:

Reading Qur’aan whilst pondering the meanings is one of the best acts of worship, and calling upon Allaah and turning to Him, asking Him to enable one to do good and to grant abundant provision and other kinds of good things is a kind of worship that is prescribed in Islam.

But reading in the manner described in the question – distributing specific soorahs of the Qur’aan to a number of people, each of whom reads a soorah in order to say du’aa’ after that asking for abundant provision and so on is an innovation (bid’ah), because that is not proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in word or in deed, or from any of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) or from the imams of the salaf (may Allaah have mercy on them). Goodness is in following those who came before (the salaf) and evil is in the innovations of those who came later. It is proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever introduces anything into this matter of ours [Islam] that is not part of it will have it rejected.” Calling upon Allaah in du’aa’ is prescribed at all times and in all places, in all situations, in hardship and ease. What is encouraged by Islam is to say du’aa’ when prostrating during the prayer, just before dawn, and at the end of the prayer before saying the salaam. It is proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Our Lord descends to the lowest heaven every night when the last third of the night remains, and says: “Who will call upon Me, that I may answer him; who will ask of Me that I might give him; who will seek My forgiveness that I might forgive him?” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

And it is proven from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “As for rukoo’ (bowing), glorify your Lord therein, and as for sujood (prostration), strive hard in du’aa ‘therein, because then it is more likely that you may receive a response.” Narrated by Ahmad, Muslim, al-Nasaa’i and Abu Dawood.

It was proven from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The closest that a person is to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so say a lot of du’aa’ then.” Narrated by Muslim, Abu Dawood and al-Nasaa’i.

In al-Saheehayn it is narrated from Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught him the tashahhud, he said to him: “Then let him choose whatever du’aa’ he likes and say it.”

And Allaah is the Source of strength

and Allah knows best.

:wasalam:

Source:IslamQA

swtangel45

salam aleikum
There is nothing like this in the Quran or Sunnah and doing this is Biddah(inovation) ,reading certain Surahs crtain number of times.

wasalam

Wa alaikum asalam wrwb,
My muallimaat in my madrassah who are Muftiyas have told me to do this once for a friend, and we have bee doing this in our madrassah, so Im pretty sure they wont teach me of a bid'ah...

ahmed_elnaggar

"O lord forgive me "
salamo allikom

U have to ensure that this action is true not bedaa.I do not hear about this before, plainly I have some doubts about it.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Wa alaikum asalam wrwb,
My muallimaat in my madrassah who are Muftiyas have told me to do this once for a friend, and we have bee doing this in our madrassah, so Im pretty sure they wont teach me of a bid'ah...
Can you kindly ask her for the source from where she has recommended this act of Ibada'a ? :)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Can you kindly ask her for the source from where she has recommended this act of Ibada'a ? :)

u will not get this in Quran and sunnah.

bcoz these wazifas were not told by prophet :saw: but by great saints and auliyas in our more than 1000 yrs of Islamic history.

but we have to be cautious.

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Ibada is Tawqifiya...this means that we are not allowed to bring innovations in our religion. Our religion has been completed.

In the 1000 years many sects have been formed. We have to follow our prophet Sallalahu 3aleihi Wasselem.

A "Waliya" or plural "auliya" are people who believe and fear Allah. And every person who belief and fear Allah is a wali of Allah. Every member of this forum who belief and fear Allah is wali of Allah. So how can a person who belief and fear Allah indulge in innovation or recommend any innovation?

Fi amanillah

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Evidence for what i have said:

أَلا إِنَّ أَوْلِيَاء اللّهِ لاَ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَكَانُواْ يَتَّقُونَ

Every person who beliefs and fears Allah is a wali of Allah. He does not have to fly or do any miracles...

Many people who engage in innovations and say i'am a wali are mostly soefies/sufies....And many soefies/sufies have ascribed many lies to pious scholars and pious people. This pious scholars and pious people never said what the sufis ascribe to them

There are people who cannot distinguish between real pious people who are auliya of Allah and Magicians and sufis who mislead the people...

fi amanillah

Salamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh