*khilafah*

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarFarooq

:salam2:

are we allowed to setup the khilafah by our self, let me give u an example, lets say there is this guy who becomes the president of a country and then establishes the khilafah, and makes sharia the law of the land. then that person makes his country really powerful and expands, can we do that lol, i am really interested in the khilafah, and please don't tell me to pay attention to something else, i really want to know if we can do that, please answer, also tell me if i am allowed to be the next khilafah, remember to answer all my questions

wa salaam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brother!

I think you asked two questions and you want anwer to both.

1- Are we (muslims of today) allowed to setup khilafa?
2- Can I (yourself) be a khalifa?

Answer to Q No 1:
Allah swt says in Quran, Al-Baqara, Verse 30:

"And when your Lord said to the angels, I am going to place in the earth a khalif, they said: What! wilt Thou place in it such as shall make mischief in it and shed blood, and we celebrate Thy praise and extol Thy holiness? He said: Surely I know what you do not know."

So, this is actually the main purpose of life, to be khalifa of Allah swt on earth and rule according to HIS swt will and not the will of human being. So, it is not only ALLOWED, but it is the PURPOSE of every muslim.

Answer to Q No.2:

Yes you can be Khalifa too. Every muslim is a khalifa as he implements the orders of Allah swt in this world. If your purpose of KHALIFA is LEADER OF MUSLIM WORLD then, yes you can BE that too, if you have the ability to gather muslims of the world around you and lead them.

I hope i answered your questions.

Wassalam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Khilafah

please answer, also tell me if i am allowed to be the next khilafah

:SMILY303: LOL sure thing akhi....

inshAllah...but I dont know how good you would be so :confused: and you may have a lil competition for that job...

Omar Ibn Ul Khattab, was originally a very light complexioned man, when he took over as Khalif, the strain and responsibility made him turn very dark faced can you imagine the weight of such responsiiltiy? subhanAllah, its not easy.

Bawar answered your other question. I just wanted to add,
There will be a Khilafah, Allah (s) has promised that:

وَعَدَ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ ءامَنُواْ مِنْكُمْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّـلِحَاتِ لَيَسْتَخْلِفَنَّهُمْ فِى الاْرْضِ كَمَا اسْتَخْلَفَ الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِهِمْ وَلَيُمَكّنَنَّ لَهُمْ دِينَهُمُ الَّذِى ارْتَضَى لَهُمْ وَلَيُبَدّلَنَّهُمْ مّن بَعْدِ خَوْفِهِمْ أَمْناً

Allah has promised those among you who believe and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession in the land, as He granted it to those before them, and that He will grant them the authority to practise their religion which He has chosen for them. And He will surely, give them in exchange a safe security after their fear..

So if we didnt get it, we cannot question the promise of Allah (s), he doesnt break his promise, we have to question wheather or not we as muslims, fit the description which is described there. So theres nothing wrong in what you're saying, but paying attention to how we live and how much we live by Allah's command goes hand in hand with this, so you have to pay attention to other things aswell, even though this is a most intriguing topic, I agree. (sorry i just told you what you said not to tell you...:D)

Please correct me someone if I put something wrong.

Wasalam alekum.

OmarFarooq

thank you for your such neat answers guys, that was really helpful, i was trying to look for an answer to that, i have so many plans to make the khilafah the leader of the world militarily, economically, politically and religiously. inshallah

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
May the help of Allah swt be with you for such good intentions. I remember a hadith, but i can't remember its reference.
I hope a brother/sister can find that. the words of that hadith are as follows:

Man Tawada7a Lellahe Rafa7ahullahu wa man kabbar wada7ahullahu.

Meaning: who humbles himself, Allah swt will rise him/her and who gets arrogant Allah swt will lower him/her.

OmarFarooq

now i have another question, Karenmuslimah u are talking about the mahdi, i want to ask you who will be the mahdi where will he come from, it would be really nice if somebody could answer this question.

wa salaam

nazir

Asalaamu Alaykum,
I just want to add these couple of hadiths pertaining to the issue of leadership. With regards to the issue of establishing khilafah, it must start by making an 'islamic state' in our own minds and hearts, our own homes and families and then insha'Allah we will DESERVE to live under the beautiful Shariah that Allah perfected and sent to his Khaleel, Muhammad sallalahu alayhi wa sallim. There are many issues regarding the question posed by our brother though, which would be best if the scholarly input was sought regarding this.

The Prophet peace be upon him said: "You people will be keen to acquire the authority of leadership, but it will be a thing of regret for you on the Day of Resurrection." {Related by Al Bukharee}

In another Hadeeth, he, sallalahu alayhi wa sallim said "O 'Abdur-Rahmaan! Do not ask for leadership, for if you are given authority on your demand, then you will be held responsible for it, but if you are given it without asking (for it), then you will be helped (by Allah) in it." {Ibid, (no. 7146)}

Not only did he, peace be upon him, forbid from asking for authority and leadership, he even forbade people from desiring it in their inner selves. Abu Moosa al-Ash'aree, may Allah be pleased with him, the Companion of the Prophet (sallalahu alayhi wa sallim), narrated the following account: "Two men from my tribe and I entered upon the Prophet. One of the two men said (to him), "O Messenger of Allah! Appoint me as a governor," and so did the second. The Prophet said, "We do not assign the authority of ruling to those who ask for it, nor to those who are keen to have it." {Ibid, no. 7149}

May Allah enable us to benefit from the above hadeeth. May Allah enable us to follow the Qur'an and Sunnah in all of our affairs.

Wassalaam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

now i have another question, Karenmuslimah u are talking about the mahdi, i want to ask you who will be the mahdi where will he come from, it would be really nice if somebody could answer this question.

wa salaam

THE PROMISED MEHDI (MEHDI-AL-MA'OOD)

[img=left]http://www.promisedmehdi.com/images/tasbeehp1.GIF[/img]According to Islamic theology "Mehdi" means 'the divinely guided one' or 'the directed one'. Prophet Mohammed (S.A.S), the last of the prophets, informed that Allah will send His Caliph in the Ummah of Mohammed (S.A.S), to invite people towards right path. It was prophesied by Mohammed (S.A.S) that; an illustrious son from his progeny would appear after him who would establish the just and true religion as it was in his own time. Prophet Mohammed (S.A.S) foretold about the advent of Mehdi (the promised) through his various traditions. A few traditions (Hadiths) are given below.

TRADITIONS
1. Ibn Abbas (R) is quoted as saying:
The Prophet (pbuh) said, how would my folks (Ummah) be perished when I am at its beginning, Jesus, the son of Mary, is at its end and the Mehdi from my progeny is in the middle. (Musnad of Imam Ahmed, and Kanz-ul-Ummal)

2. Sauban (R) quoted another tradition as follows:
The Prophet of Allah (S.A.S) said, " For your treasure (throne) of Khilafat, there would be a fight between aspirants of Khilafat but none would get it. Then from the east people bearing black flags would appear, and they would massacre you as none would have done before. But no one would defeat them. Then the Caliph of Allah, the Mehdi, would appear. If you hear about him, go to him and make covenant (Ba'ith) with him even if you would have to crawl on ice for that purpose, as he be the Caliph of Allah"; (Ibn Maja)

3. The Prophet (S.A.S) once said that even if a day remained for the end of this world, Allah would prolong the day unless and until, from the progeny of my house (Ahl-e-Baith) a person is born whose name would be my name, whose father would have the name of my father and who would fill the world with justice as it would be full of atrocities. He would equally distribute wealth and would enrich the hearts of believers. He would survive for seven or nine years.

4. Shaik Mohiuddin Ibn-e-Arabi quoted a tradition in his book "Futuhat-al- Makkiya" that the Prophet (S.A.S) said ;" Mehdi is from me; he will follow my footsteps without err.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Dont worry too much about khilafah, just worry whether you have done enough good deeds or not , your prayers, your debts and others

OmarFarooq

now i understand a little better, Thank you all for such formative answers! ill ask you more lol, but for now i need to work on my deeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.