Life on mars?

muharram23

Staff member
Do you believe its right so search on other planets for extra life? or is it a waste of money?

salamu alaykum

waste a time and resources!!. Allah subhanahu wete'ala created us to worship HIm. Allah subhanahu wete'ala says in surah dzariyaat

"56. And I (All�h) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).

We don't have much time to waste in this life as we know that ALlah sva created this life to test us. Allah sva says in surah mulk

"2. Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving"

When we die, it is either jannah (may ALlah give us that) or jahannam (may Allah sva protect us from it).

These people just want to spend their lives in fun and happiness. They don't think that they will ever die so they do not prepare for it.

And if it was important for us to know if there are any other living things outhere in space, i am sure that ALlah sva and His messeenger :saw: would have informed us. Allah sva and His messenger :saw: informed us of the seen and unseen, the jinns and the angels, jahannam and jannah and if there was anyother living thing important for us to know, we would have been informed as this quraan and our messenger :saw: are a mercy to the worlds.

"Wa ma erselnake illa rahmateelil alemeen"

And we have not sent you (muhammad) but as a mercy to the worlds

Allah knows best

wasalam

massi

:salam2:
I don't know if a wast of time or not
but to make a planet as earth it's impossible

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
"O assembly of the jinn and the men! If you are able to pass through the regions of the heavens and the earth, then pass through; you cannot pass through but with authority."
Quran: 55:033

"Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day there are signs for men who understand. Those who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on their sides and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: Our Lord! Thou hast not created this in vain! Glory be to Thee; save us then from the chastisement of the fire: "
Quran: 003:191

When i was about 16-18 year old, I came across a book about astronomy. It stated that the biggest obstacle in getting out of the gravitational force of the earth was the type of energy source to be used.

Scientists, for a long time, could not come up with any answer to the porblem of such source of energy that could overcome the gravity and propell the rocket/shuttle to the space, except with the explosives which were not good enough for a manned mission.

And when they came with the answer of that tremendous amount of energy (authority), it became possible and man was finally in space.

God has not created the heavens and other celestial bodies in vain and should be explored, but there are other issues for humanity here on earth which have more priority.

First, people should stop wars and stop invading and destroying eachother.
Then they should tackle world poverty together and share the world's resources justly.

Then the space should be explored in a joint cooperation.

I know I am talking about a dream world.

Wassalam

muharram23

Staff member
"O assembly of the jinn and the men! If you are able to pass through the regions of the heavens and the earth, then pass through; you cannot pass through but with authority."
Quran: 55:033

"Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day there are signs for men who understand. Those who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on their sides and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: Our Lord! Thou hast not created this in vain! Glory be to Thee; save us then from the chastisement of the fire: "
Quran: 003:191

When i was about 16-18 year old, I came across a book about astronomy. It stated that the biggest obstacle in getting out of the gravitational force of the earth was the type of energy source to be used.

Scientists, for a long time, could not come up with any answer to the porblem of such source of energy that could overcome the gravity and propell the rocket/shuttle to the space, except with the explosives which were not good enough for a manned mission.

And when they came with the answer of that tremendous amount of energy (authority), it became possible and man was finally in space.

God has not created the heavens and other celestial bodies in vain and should be explored, but there are other issues for humanity here on earth which have more priority.

First, people should stop wars and stop invading and destroying eachother.
Then they should tackle world poverty together and share the world's resources justly.

Then the space should be explored in a joint cooperation.

I know I am talking about a dream world.

Wassalam

salamu alaykum

there is so much here on earth that they have yet not found out about. They still can not go to the bottom of the ocean which is more than 20,000 miles deep. There are fish and species that have not been discowered yet. And they want to go to a different planet and find species. This phoenix voyager was $500. How about feeding the poor.

wasalaam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
There are fish and species that have not been discowered yet. And they want to go to a different planet and find species. How about feeding the poor.
wasalaam

Walaikum assalam sister!

Both points you mentioned are valid.
I think it would be great if the space exploration takes place after satisfying the above points.

You see, the more we know about the universe, the better we understand how insignificant (according to size and power) we are.

It makes us humble and may respect our home (earth) a little more than we do now by using bombs, atomic weapons etc and still producing more.

I agree with you 100%. We should prioritise our actions and plans as human species.
There is yet plenty to do here on earth.

Wassalamu alaikum

muharram23

Staff member
Walaikum assalam sister!

Both points you mentioned are valid.
I think it would be great if the space exploration takes place after satisfying the above points.

You see, the more we know about the universe, the better we understand how insignificant (according to size and power) we are.

It makes us humble and may respect our home (earth) a little more than we do now by using bombs, atomic weapons etc and still producing more.

I agree with you 100%. We should prioritise our actions and plans as human species.
There is yet plenty to do here on earth.

Wassalamu alaikum

salamu alaykum
i wrote $500 but should be $500 million. It would be ok if it was only $500, then i wouldnt complain :).

wasalam

palestine

Servant of Allah
i agree with muharram. i really hate the fact that people keep putting their noses in other planets. what could they do about it anyways- allah has plans and only his plans will take place. so they are wasting their time, their resources, their energy their life. that much of million dollars could feed the whole world(my guess). they want fame but for those who die of hunger they're to blame.
asalamu alaykum.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
LoL sister Felasteen, don't be mean to brother Amir, be nice to him, LoL. :D

And brother Amir, ther'd be no point in making a masjid on the moon because it can't face Al Kabah unless the masjid is in the sky, LoL.

palestine

Servant of Allah

And brother Amir, ther'd be no point in making a masjid on the moon because it can't face Al Kabah unless the masjid is in the sky, LoL.

hey brother amir is cool for that idea, i'm not making fun of him. i'm enjoying his humor. lol. it brought a smile to my face. and he gets rewarded for that inshallah.
don't be offended brother amir. :salam2:

ShyHijabi

Wasn't there a fatwa issued recently for Muslim astronauts performing salaat in outerspace?
If they can manage to pray salat in zero G, I am sure there is a way to perform it on the moon.

HannahMono

i agree with muharram. i really hate the fact that people keep putting their noses in other planets. .

I totally agree with you there, i believe that we should just be thankful for what we have in life already, yeah its nice knowing about the other planets and everything.
Then at school; in our physics lesson you get told that the sun is going to blow up anyways and desory the earth. It kinda makes you worried a bit when your under the age of 16 wondering that the world is going to blow up and kill you. Even though its clear its not going to happen in our life time, you still think "what about in our childrens, childrens life time".
Even though everything on earth was created to be born, have a purpose and then to die. The earth also was created by this but no one can really know when its going to happen, alike we dont know when we are going to die, we can only realise that when its going to happen. Its the same with the earth being distored, why panic to something that is going to happen thousands of years later and the people you(people etc) are panicing are people that arent going to be around in those days anyways.

I think we should just be happy with what we have at the moment and help others around us. There is more important things in this life time which we have to fix alike poverty

A mosque on the moon made me laugh also, you never know, maybe we can have a planty system outside of earth, alike where the space people life when they are up in space (cant remember what its called) do they have mosques to pray?

I hope that all made sense, i kinda went on a bit there!
takee careee

Hannah

A Kashmiri

Well do you think that the western powers mainly America spends billions of dollars to try to find life and only for scientific Research and understanding.

The main purpose is to try to be the first one in stealing all those planets closer to us of rich resources in future. With Chinese making plans to mine the moon by 2020 has put lot of pressure on Americans and they want to go beyond moon.

They know that they had already secured and exploited all minerals and resources of earth and created havoc on earth , now it is time to think of future generations.

well the 1st thing is theyve never been to the moon which is closer to earth and they want to go to mars??....mayb its another of those vids they made using special effects......if they had life on mars, i think theyd already b dead after what they c on earth by catching earths satellite signals using their neo-astro cosmic kuku receiver!!!!!

:SMILY346:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
LoL Subhanallah this is funny. Mashallah. And sisiter ShyHijabi, that's a good idea to think about, people doing Salat on the moon, but It'd have to somehow face Makkah on one part (and time) of the day, since, "Earth roates every 24 hours (23 hrs, 56 mins and a whole bunch of seconds too :p)," and if they wanted to do Salat, they'd either be able to just do Fajr, Magreib, Zuhr, Asr, or Isha, only 1, unless the International spacestation can make star ships and send the Muslim Astronauts to the other side of the Ionoshpere for one hour or so, LoL. And the time would have to be Makkah time too, LoL :p.

Gosh this is funny. It's like when I play MechQuest (www.MechQuest.com), and they have these things with giant War Mechas who fire missles, rockets, fire, lasers, and can use Electric Sabres (and so can the character too, LoL). LoL, Mashallah.

And by the way, someone said that the Dinosaurs were Jinn, and that there was an Ayat in the Quran that said that. *shrugs shoulders* I pretty much didn't beleive that kid when he said that, but he does have Islamic Knowledge, even if he does act like a jerk and he's a bad Muslim.

Assalamu Alykum.

Salaam,

Like brother Bawar said, it becomes a question of priority. The billions of dollar spent in outer space can easily be used to help those in poverty especially those who are impoverished by war, to stop world diseases, etc.

Other reason for going to outer space is to build telecommunications (to benefit military, aviation, etc), to create patents, to maintain fame & glory, etc. It's all a waste of time and money when we have so much other problems that we need to take care of first.

However, this does not mean that we should not be seeking information about other planets & celestial bodies. Nor are we trying to degrade the ambitions of those who are trying to become astronauts. We're simply looking at the forest through the trees...