Lost In Pennsylvania

shasha

Muslimah
Asalam alaykum brothers and sisters.

I recently moved to Pennsylvania from California. I guess I still consider myself a new Muslimah since I just converted less than two years ago. I am so hungry for more Islamic knowledge and I was hoping I could continue going to classes for new Muslims here in Pennsylvania (I am near Philladelphia). I am so disappointed that even though I see Muslims here in my area, most are not really practicing or are not active at masjids. Can anyone tell me which masjids here give classes to new Muslims? I tried calling some of them but I didn't get a call back or I was just told to drop by and talk to sisters. My current job won't allow me to 'just drop by.' I was hoping inshAllah I'll get like class dates and times so I can inshAllah fit them to my work schedule.

Every input about Islam here in Pennsylvania would be so much appreciated.
Feel free to send me a PM if you think your comment about Islam here in Pennsylvania should be discussed privately.

Thank you and JazakAllah khair for your time.

Salaam :tti_sister:

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salaam !

I don't live in california, but I've researched for you and I've found a website,
not sure if it's near where you live but it's stated positive in Pennsylvania! :)

http://1mm.homestead.com/

Try it and tell me if it's good info. ^^ Wsalam! :D

Ibn Rukaiya

Assalamualaykum warahmatullaah wa barakatuhu,

new member here. :hijabi:
Respected sister, I live in opposite hemisphere from your place and to be honest don’t know anything of Pennsylvania. But I am positive someone here could help you with that. I will say that you can have some learning through good islaamic sites.They have good authentic literatures of reliable scholars. The same way that would benefit inshaAllaah.You can also look for question answer sites on Islaam for any sort of questions and querries. Or you can purchase some books written on the subject and can learn from them. Most of them are translated from Arabic to English to facilitate learning.
I hope so until you find some regular class. May Allaah help you ukhti fi Islaam