lowering one's gaze

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

even though it may now be spring here in new jersey, many women are beginning to dress like it's summertime. in other words, it has now become lowering gaze season. our beloved prophet muhammad :saw: had always advised us muslims, especially men, to lower our gazes in times of temptation from members of the opposite sex, but now is the time of the year when it becomes the hardest. a great test indeed. i'm thinking about this topic because most of my coworkers are men and many men talk locker room talk, which means it's going to mostly be about women etc. for every beautiful woman they saw, they had nothing but nasty things to say about these women or their eyes were practically falling out of their sockets. even though i believed that these women shouldn't have been dressed this way, i still feel that all women should be respected and liked for the right reasons. my coworkers had no concern or care about the hopes and the dreams of these women or their life stories etc. these men flock around them and the women believe that these guys really care about them or like them because of their personality, but in reality these mean were only interested in them for their bodies. i feel sorry for these women. i believe in my heart of hearts that had they been wearing hijab they would've been seen differently. when i see a women in hijab or niqab i have a great deal of respect for them and i also see the respect that they have for themselves. i am forced to respect her, i am forced to know the real her. that's the beauty of it. we can only judge them based on their deeds.

men, we are more about physical attraction than women are; so lowering our gazes can be hard, but we have to fight it. i often make it very obvious to the scantily clad women when they approach me. they can tell that i'm looking away from them, or looking downwards because of their dress. they get a sense of conviction that wearing such clothing isn't the most decent thing to do. also, they realize that not every man is only interested in a woman's body. such men, in their eyes seems as if they don't really exist, but we do.

i am reminding myself first, to lower my gaze, inshallah i always will, and i pray that all muslims especially the males, lower their gazes. :wasalam:

Symptom: Feeling weak?
Prescription: Lower gaze, Do your prayers

The Noble Qur'an 24:30

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is All-Aware of what they do.

OnlyOne

Alhumdulillah, that was amazing and very inspirational. I work with people who are like that too and I try to give them da'wah. Sometime they listen and sometimes they don't. InshAllah Allah will guide them.

marzuki mohamed

:wasalam:

"..when i see a women in hijab or niqab i have a great deal of respect for them and i also see the respect that they have for themselves. i am forced to respect her, i am forced to know the real her. that's the beauty of it. we can only judge them based on their deeds.." =Agree.

[I]"..men, we are more about physical attraction than women are; so lowering our gazes can be hard, but we have to fight it. i often make it very obvious to the scantily clad women when they approach me. they can tell that i'm looking away from them, or looking downwards because of their dress. they get a sense of conviction that wearing such clothing isn't the most decent thing to do. also, they realize that not every man is only interested in a woman's body. such men, in their eyes seems as if they don't really exist, but we do.." [/I]=its true.

jazakhallah for sharing your exp my bro.:)

wasalam.

apocalypse77

Westerners or those Kuffars who have the mentality for "sexual freedom to express oneself in whatever fashion is right" make me laugh.They try to back up their immoral behavior by saying "Men are allowed to be sexual and ar epraised and I dont see any reason why a women cant express herself".

Do they realise how silly they look and that theyre actually behaving like animals exposing their bodies shamelessly?

Oh, btw even animals like camels have the brains to practise discreet sex