Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Yes, no problem I'll marry him even if he's younger than me

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 16 22.2%

• Total voters

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

If I chose a husband significantly older than myself and one day had to "change his diapers" I would do it without complaint. Nothing is gauranteed, especialy not a long lifespan, and a younger husband can suffer a head injury that could disable him to such a degree.

That is what marriage is about, taking care of each other and protecting each other when the chips are down. My ex husband had a degenerative bone disease and had a double hip replacement. I had to help him to the shower and bathroom and it didn't bother me. Why? Because he would've done the same for me. (he was younger than me by the way) There is great reward when we perform sadaqa so in a way you are gaining no matter what.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
LOL But MAshallah I like the posts and responses that the bros and sistas put above. I wouldn't actually comment, since I should be about 15 before I start talking about these stuff, but I don't feel like I'm gonna do those stuff when I grow up.

I wasn't created to have a wife and kids, I was created to worship Allah, and that's why I would rather have Allah to be with all the time and to look up with.

THat's the beauty of being created. Loving Allah more than worldly desires. You should put Allah before anything and then think, I'd only do something if Allah shall be pleased with me.

Personall, living life as a traveler and as if I'm on a constant journey for the rightousness seems hard to do if I've got a wife and kids to think about.

When I grow up I want to become an Alim and a Hafez, and to give Dawah and to make myself become Al Abd Allah. That's the only thing in life for me. That's the reason I feel like living longer, so I can fulfill what Allah wants of me.

And I feel like all the brothers and sisters are like a family to me. I'd show love to all of them like as if they're my own aunt or uncle, like my own grans, and like as if we're all united into a family, because we really are.

Muhamad (SAW) is the father of this Ummah, and we follow him and we're united and together. Look at the brothers and sisters in Falisteen and Chechen, and Afganistan, and Araq. It's hard for them because they need their brothers and sisters in their duas, in their hopes, in their priorities.

If we don't have one another, and if we especially don't have Allah, we're nothing and worth not even a ripped up peice of money; were worse than dead.

Assalamu Alykum everyone.

ShyHijabi

I wasn't created to have a wife and kids, I was created to worship Allah, and that's why I would rather have Allah to be with all the time and to look up with.

Salaam Dearest brother,

Know that our Prophet said that marriage is half your deen, and that the person who doesn't marry is not of the Ummah. So by marrying a wife and having children you are submiting to the will of Allah as commanded on the Quran and dirested in the hadith.

We were created to worship Allah and have families.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Salaam,

If I chose a husband significantly older than myself and one day had to "change his diapers" I would do it without complaint. Nothing is gauranteed, especialy not a long lifespan, and a younger husband can suffer a head injury that could disable him to such a degree.

That is what marriage is about, taking care of each other and protecting each other when the chips are down. My ex husband had a degenerative bone disease and had a double hip replacement. I had to help him to the shower and bathroom and it didn't bother me. Why? Because he would've done the same for me. (he was younger than me by the way) There is great reward when we perform sadaqa so in a way you are gaining no matter what.

Wasalaam

~Sarah
Mashallah sister that's the great thing about it. That's one great thing about it, taking care of someone. And Allah chose that person for you because he knows that you will take care of them and he knows that you will be the best one to do so. Anyway that's for a practicing Muslim though Lol.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Salaam Dearest brother,

Know that our Prophet said that marriage is half your deen, and that the person who doesn't marry is not of the Ummah. So by marrying a wife and having children you are submiting to the will of Allah as commanded on the Quran and dirested in the hadith.

We were created to worship Allah and have families.

Wasalaam

~Sarah
Aw yeah I know that sister, it's half your deen. But still I feel like not doing it. I don't need marriage to get me out of Fitnah, nad I would never use it that way. If I have a problem with my Deen, I ask Allah to help me. But anyways:

I guess I just feel like that because I have no desires for this world. I love the great way our Nabi (SAW) lived. Even the greatest man to ever walk the earth had to sit on the floor, and had to sleep on the floor and under a tree's shade.

The only desire I have in this world is pleasing Allah. And in the here-after, I'd still worship Allah Ta Ala. I only love Muslim sisters because their like a family to me, not for how they look or anything, cause looks don't mean nothing. We're together. If I saw a Muslim sister get beat up by anyone, I'd beat the guy's ***BEEP!!! BEEP!!WORDS NOT WRITTEN TO NOT UPSET ANYONE****.

And I hope this thing doesn't get into a heated debate beacuse of me. I hate it whenever threads get closed because it's a dispute that I'd started and wouldn't shut up about.

And yes, I do feel that we're all untied. I don't see anyone by how good they look, or how nice their skin color is. I see them by how great of a Mumin and how much they love Allah.

And my apologies too sister.

dianek

Salaam,

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Salam!

I was just exaggerating...I would do the same for my husband now, but for me, knowing that the ex would have likely been worse earlier than me made it hard when I didn't really love him enough anyway to be married to him....we married for our daughter. But the age did matter on so many levels for him and I.....fact is, he should have known better than to skirt around after a 19 year old girl!!! I had a lot of growing up to do then and he didn't like when I would act my age (19-24).

raihana

ohh my god am bursting with laughter whn i read this wonderful posts
diffrnt ppl mash allah...........:):):p

riyanna

:blackhijab:as salamu alaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuhu everyone
I would like to marry someone who is older than me
and its really good for young sisters they need someone who is immature and knows the deen of islam who would teach them the corect manners

s 091

Hi I have voted on your poll and personally I would only feel comfortable with marrying someone who is abit older that myself. I wouldnt feel as protected with a younger person I don't think. I have the love and affection off my partner now but I also have the knowing that if anything were to happen he would be able to take care of my family. Most of the youngers still want to go out chilling with their mates in the area around us so if I couldnt ever imagine being with any of them. What relationship would that be?

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Being young don't got anything to do with this si. LOL yeah, I nkow I used slang.

I mean, Even younger people are talelr and stronger than older people. Especially brothers. *smiles boldly and stupidly* :D

raihana

Being young don't got anything to do with this si. LOL yeah, I nkow I used slang.

I mean, Even younger people are talelr and stronger than older people. Especially brothers. *smiles boldly and stupidly* :D
hmmm ohhhhhhhhhh yeah brother they do like young and muscular :D

raihana

:blackhijab:as salamu alaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuhu everyone
I would like to marry someone who is older than me
and its really good for young sisters they need someone who is immature and knows the deen of islam who would teach them the corect manners
yeah ur totally right i agree with u its good for sisters to learn deen but not soooooooo old :D abt 10 years ok (in my view:D)

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,

Many sisters want to get married to older brothers..because they think they'll be more mature..not always the case..anyways it's widely known that girls are more mature than boys..at whatever age!

Wa ALllahu Ya'laam

Wulf

A'slaamu 'aleikom

I suppose it all depends, not on biological age, but on emotional maturity.
My ex was 22 years my junior, she left me for some one younger than both of us, (12 years her junior, 28 y/o). Without being in any way judgemental, my 20 year old step daughter says he has the emotional maturity of a 15 year old.

The question I would ask is "Are you choosing a partner for Love of Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, or for love of self?"

Love of Culture?

Love of Gold?

Hmmm...Now I have got myself thinking. I think I will ponder upon this dilemna with a slice of mudcake, which should be just about ready to take from the oven.

W'salaam
Ibrahim

raihana

Assalam aleikum,

Many sisters want to get married to older brothers..because they think they'll be more mature..not always the case..anyways it's widely known that girls are more mature than boys..at whatever age!

Wa ALllahu Ya'laam
they think like tht some of the good men they are religious and they could teach religion
any ways wht i know is girls they are more emotional thn ,man and girls they can undersatnd much bttr thn the man
:D :D

mizansharif

:salam2:
Marrying someone elder than you (for brothers) and marrying someone who is younger than you (for sisters)

Would you like marry someone elder than you (for brothers) and marry someone who is younger than you (for sisters)?
:jazaak:
(1)Yes, no problem I'll marry her even if she's elder than me
(2)No way!
(3)Yes, no problem I'll marry him even if he's younger than me
(4)No way!

i marrid and my wife younger than be by 3 years:astag:

bd_sl

no problem

i am 23 now and if my parents told me to marry some one who is 35 years old then no problem i have

i jsut want to be happy and have a good life with my wife

NAJMA6

on way
no way because i don't want to marry someone who is a lot old or younger but i will marry someone who is 2 or 3