Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Yes, no problem I'll marry him even if he's younger than me

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 16 22.2%

• Total voters

raihana

:salam2:
Marrying someone elder than you (for brothers) and marrying someone who is younger than you (for sisters)

Would you like marry someone elder than you (for brothers) and marry someone who is younger than you (for sisters)?
:jazaak:
(1)Yes, no problem I'll marry her even if she's elder than me
(2)No way!
(3)Yes, no problem I'll marry him even if he's younger than me
(4)No way!

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
I have no problem marrying an older man but i will put a limit on that age range and that is 12, my parents worried that I married older man. Hey probably has already been married at least once.

El Gordito

strength thru faith
my wife is 2 and 1/2 years older than me.

she always pictured herself marrying an older man... in fact she thought it was one of her requirements...

but you never know what the plan is for us...

Almeftah

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3310:
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.

As for Khadijah: He was 25 years old and she was 40 years old when they got married. Their marriage lasted until she died at the age of 65.

So you can see, age has nothing to do with it!!
its all about good faith, manners and maturity.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
I'm already married and I think it's better if the husband is older, not 10 years older but just a little. Men tend to mature slower than women :p
:wasalam:

raihana

I'm already married and I think it's better if the husband is older, not 10 years older but just a little. Men tend to mature slower than women :p
:wasalam:
as for me actually i think the man should be older thn the women coz u know girl starts
looking old quicker
and whn the both of them started gettibg old the man would be proud of having a younger wife heheh:D

massi

well for me it doesn't matter if she is rich woman :SMILY335::SMILY335::SMILY335::SMILY335:
:SMILY335::SMILY335::SMILY335::SMILY335:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sakeena

HA HA HA! No way! Not too old and not too young! Maybe a few years older lol funny thread! hahaha! :hijabi: :lol:

3:54

So long as there isn't a massive age gap i'm cool with it. 3 or 4 years isn't a big deal for me, but if I married a woman 10 years my senior i would feel, to say the least, inadequate, maybe even childish:SMILY149:

dianek

My ex was 13 years older and in the beginning no biggie, I was 19 and he was 32....but as time went on I realized...OMG one day he will be 73 and I will be 60 and that is a HUGE difference. I didn't want to change his diapers...LOL!!! Besides it was hard to overcome the age difference in everyday things.....when I was at the age of going out he would get annoyed because he was a homebody......we divorced. Now my husband is 15 months younger than me.......

meer suhail

ILM seeker

all i looked for a woman was practising muslimah ,
well INSHA`ALLAH i get married soon ,and she is about 10 years older than me ,hehe no problem with me ,,,,,,
but need alot of prayers ,,,,,,thks

cedric098

It all depends on the personality of one! I know many women over 30 who act like they're 5. on the other hand many young sisters impress me with the maturity they have in their demeanur. Same is true for men!!! So i think age is not really an issue in how good your marriage will be!

Rawa

I would like to marry a girl who is as EXACTLY old as I am. even one hour elder or younger is not possible!!!

My friend beside me says:' You will never see yourself merried!" Yes, he is quite right. It is better to change my mind.

So, it is OK to marry a girl who is 8 years younger to 3 years elder than me.

El Gordito

strength thru faith
yes, what should really matter is their iman, and their respect to your rights...

of course being outwardly beautiful doesn't hurt... lol... but a strong iman is the most beautiful of things.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
My ex was 13 years older and in the beginning no biggie, I was 19 and he was 32....but as time went on I realized...OMG one day he will be 73 and I will be 60 and that is a HUGE difference. I didn't want to change his diapers...LOL!!! Besides it was hard to overcome the age difference in everyday things.....when I was at the age of going out he would get annoyed because he was a homebody......we divorced. Now my husband is 15 months younger than me.......

Assalaam Alaykuim,

Remember we had a thread like this ones and i said i would go for older person so i believe you were the one you made me double think about it. if it was you, i never thank you for that, so thanks! and now i don't know who i will marry but Allah SWT knows best. And i total agree with you.

dianek

Yep, that was me and you are welcome!!! Age right now is not a big deal but as time deteriorates us, it would be overwhelming the difference.