May Allah grant me patience...(me venting)

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum brothers and sisters...

This is just me venting.

I was once a very patient person back when I was younger, but age and experience I guess has eaten away at that. Now I get grumpy very easily. Particularly with the behavior of some of my brothers at the masjid.

We have a handful of brothers - about 5 in all, I think - who, when praying do an unusual thing with their mouths when the Imam is reciting. They recite along, or maybe making dua, or doing whatever and they do it very loudly only without using their voice. What they do is an extremely over-exaggerated smacking of the lips and tongue that sounds like (and this is just for reference, not to be cruel) an animal eating peanut butter, or puppy eating canned dog food out of a bowl (think about it, you will know what I am trying to describe here!) One Maghrib a few weeks back one of these brothers stood between a friend and me in the prayer line. He smacked and clacked so loudly that he seriously distracted from the prayer. Later, when my friend and I were chatting before Isha I asked him if he knew what the man who was between us was doing and he said "Oh I try to block all that out. There are a couple brothers here who do that." so I am not alone in noticing this.

I know there are ettiquets about coming to the masjid smelling of onions or garlic (though I find cigarette smell more offensive) but so far I've not seen any on being quiet during the prayer.

I also know that there are different schools who pray differently - a couple brothers who pray with us keep their arms at their side and look straight ahead during salaat, and I found out recently that they are Malaki (is that the right word?) and pray differently than the rest of us. With that in mind I was unsure if these brothers are following some teaching that tells them to recite this way (which was why I asked my friend about it).

Anyway... thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I know in the big world its a small affair but that's life! :)

Ma salaama

D...

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

This is just me venting.

I was once a very patient person back when I was younger, but age and experience I guess has eaten away at that. Now I get grumpy very easily. Particularly with the behavior of some of my brothers at the masjid.

We have a handful of brothers - about 5 in all, I think - who, when praying do an unusual thing with their mouths when the Imam is reciting. They recite along, or maybe making dua, or doing whatever and they do it very loudly only without using their voice. What they do is an extremely over-exaggerated smacking of the lips and tongue that sounds like (and this is just for reference, not to be cruel) an animal eating peanut butter, or puppy eating canned dog food out of a bowl (think about it, you will know what I am trying to describe here!) One Maghrib a few weeks back one of these brothers stood between a friend and me in the prayer line. He smacked and clacked so loudly that he seriously distracted from the prayer. Later, when my friend and I were chatting before Isha I asked him if he knew what the man who was between us was doing and he said "Oh I try to block all that out. There are a couple brothers here who do that." so I am not alone in noticing this.

I know there are ettiquets about coming to the masjid smelling of onions or garlic (though I find cigarette smell more offensive) but so far I've not seen any on being quiet during the prayer.

I also know that there are different schools who pray differently - a couple brothers who pray with us keep their arms at their side and look straight ahead during salaat, and I found out recently that they are Malaki (is that the right word?) and pray differently than the rest of us. With that in mind I was unsure if these brothers are following some teaching that tells them to recite this way (which was why I asked my friend about it).

Anyway... thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I know in the big world its a small affair but that's life! :)

Ma salaama

D...

:salam2: dear brother Danyal :D
aaaamm...... I think I know what you're describing here:D and in our Masjid it's mostly done by the OLD ladiess( I am talking about the sister's side) and yea IT DISTURBES ME ALOT!! but like your friend said, I too try to block that out!!! it's not easy to concentrate, but try very hard to pay ALOT more attention to what the Imam is reading.....in that way, you wont notice it as much as you do now, inshaAllah :D
it's ok.....you can definately vent here, we're more than glad to hear you out:D
watch this video :D it's excatly about what you're talking about!!! hehehe
especially, the part of *praying next to a laud whisperer!*LOL
[yt]wqlIyqeIwYE[/yt]
take care, Allah be with you, and may He give you patience.ameen

zainali

assalamualikum
brother i know how annoying that can be , what u should do is take the person is a corner and tell him politely that what he is doing is distracting u from namaz , but brother u have to be polite like u can say brother if u dont mind me i have the prbm that i cant concentrate when i hear some noise , so if u can stop doing that ,
if u dont wanna do that u can say to the imam to tell in the mic before prayer that people shouldnt make noise while praying , or else u can ask the imam to have a gathering for few minutes and tell everybody etiquettes while offering salah , i hope that can help u .

allahhafiz

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Oh my goodness! That video is a RIOT!!!! I can't stop laughing! Thank you!!!!

AlhamduliAllah!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D I am happy EXTRA happpy that it made you laugh!!! watch other videos from Baba Ali!!! he'll crack you up!!!!LOL
soo funnnyy brothherrr!!!!!LOL
and you're welcome:D:D:D:D:D
:hearts::hearts:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
assalamualikum
brother i know how annoying that can be , what u should do is take the person is a corner and tell him politely that what he is doing is distracting u from namaz , but brother u have to be polite like u can say brother if u dont mind me i have the prbm that i cant concentrate when i hear some noise , so if u can stop doing that ,
if u dont wanna do that u can say to the imam to tell in the mic before prayer that people shouldnt make noise while praying , or else u can ask the imam to have a gathering for few minutes and tell everybody etiquettes while offering salah , i hope that can help u .

allahhafiz

Right on...

I especially think it's a good idea to tell the imam..that way *everybody* reviews and corrects their problems without developing hard feelings towards *one specific* person..they'll just take it as the imam *lecturing* everyone you know?..

Inshallah this issue will be solved for you soon akhi..and look at the bright side..at least it's something that can be solved easily :)

:wasalam:

DanyalSAC

Right on...

I especially think it's a good idea to tell the imam..that way *everybody* reviews and corrects their problems without developing hard feelings towards *one specific* person..they'll just take it as the imam *lecturing* everyone you know?..

Inshallah this issue will be solved for you soon akhi..and look at the bright side..at least it's something that can be solved easily :)

:wasalam:

I would like to thank everyone for their input and yes, I do believe this is something that I can tell our imam. He's a great guy - a bit crusty at times but I like that in him. He is new to our masjid, only about three months I think, but he's trying to run a tight ship and so far he's succeeding. He's got the kids under control, and that was a big issue!

doctor38

D...

Will there is a Hadeeth that says the who ever recite Quran in the masjid should not do it in a way that disturb others and who ever pray should not do that in a way that disturb others. I

I find that very difficult to cope with during my prayers to, so you are not alone.

Some Maliki (not all) pray by putting the arms along their sides