Memory Enhancers: top 10 foods!

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
10. Tomatoes

For those of you incredibly fuzzy and spaced out from consuming a low carbohydrate diet, it’s time to feed your brain. Opt for a value-added source of carbohydrates like tomatoes. Tomatoes are your top source of potassium (great for muscles and helping lower blood pressure), an excellent source of vitamins A & C and they are loaded with antioxidants.

Tomatoes Are Your Top Source Of Potassium And An Excellent Source Of Vitamins A And C.
Tomatoes Are Your Top Source Of Potassium And
An Excellent Source Of Vitamins A And C.

9. Capers

I know, this is an odd one, but, consider adding them to your salads. Capers are one of the best sources of quercetin (trumped only by tea). Quercetin is a unique flavonoid that can improve blood flow to the brain, decrease oxidative stress and prevent memory impairment. If you don’t like capers, load up on the next best quercetin source – apples.

8. Red Grapes

Red grapes are loaded with resveratrol – a compound that improves memory and cognition i

7. Chewing Gum

Some studies show that chewing gum can enhance alertness, mood, reaction time and attention. Will it help your memory? Possibly, but it may depend on the context of your situation.

6. Coffee

Coffee is one of the top sources of caffeine in our diet. Caffeine can improve your short-term memory and attention (so your long term memory may be better). In addition, some studies show a negative association between Alzheimer’s and coffee intake.

5. Blueberries

Blueberries are loaded with antioxidant polyphenols – compounds that decrease inflammation and free radical damage. Of particular interest is the anthocyanin content in blueberries. Anthocyanins have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and increase neuron signaling in the brain. Older adults who consumed wild blueberry juice daily improved some aspects of cognitive functioning.

4. Turmeric

This yellow spice, a member of the ginger family, contains a brain-protective compound called curcumin. Studies show that curcumin protects against cognitive impairment and it can help improve memory and learning. In addition, it may enhance blood flow to the brain. How can you add turmeric to your diet? Try yellow rice over white and enhance your palate with a variety of dishes.

3. Mixed Nuts

All nuts contain heart healthy monounsaturated fat. In addition, nuts contain an array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and they are one of the best sources of magnesium. Magnesium can improve learning and memory and magnesium therapy has been shown to restore brain functioning following brain injury.

2. Fatty Fish – Halibut, Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines

Greater intake of omega-3 rich fatty fish early in life is linked to lowered risk of cognitive disorders later in life. Additionally, intake of the omega-3 fat DHA has been associated with better nonverbal reasoning and working memory. Some studies in humans show that fish consumption or DHA supplementation is associated with cognitive improvement.

1. Eggs

Among the many nutrients in egg yolks, you’ll find choline and phosphatidyl serine. In the human body, choline is necessary for the synthesis of structural components of cell membranes and it plays a role in cell signaling.

Bonus Brain Food: Tea

Black, white, green and oolong, is nature’s most perfect beverage. Tea’s unique relaxation and enhanced concentration properties stem from its natural combination of caffeine and the amino acid L-theanine. Both stimulate areas of the brain that increase our alertness.

And, studies suggest that L-theanine can help reduce psychological and physiological stress and increase alpha-brain wave activity,
If you are worried about your memory, dig into these foods. Start your day with coffee and eggs, have a loaded salad (with capers and tomatoes of course) for lunch, drink tea throughout the day, snack on blueberries or grapes and grill halibut or salmon for dinner. It isn’t too late to improve your memory and, the best part is that these foods will enhance your overall health in the process.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
yes!!!! thanks a lot.. i will have those from now on.. i feel like having lack of concentration
i hope wat u have written will help me

U better use it as well . U will need it shortly from novemeber :D

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Jazakallah Khairah!!!!!!!! i think i need to consider these foods... Coz i have to do couple of exams in future... LOL

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
yes!!!! thanks a lot.. i will have those from now on.. i feel like having lack of concentration
i hope wat u have written will help me

U better use it as well . U will need it shortly from novemeber :D
can u maintain any secret ...........inshaAllah i will be not in need of dat :shymuslima1:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Thank you

:bismillah:
:salam2:

Alhamdulillah!

Thank you for sharing this informative info sister.

~May Allah swt reward you ~Amin!

Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak to you and your family

And

Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak to all muslim.

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)