Missionaries: Christianity & Mormons

~Naz~

Allahu Akbar
I was just visited by 3 missionaries who are of Christian faith but the Mormons. The way i understood is that its another sect like catholics and presbyterians (spelling?). So anyways they have their own 'gospel' called the Mormon and translated by a Prophet (at our times NOW :astag:). I was utterly shocked to hear about this. They even gave me a copy of their Mormon Bible if i may call it that. A part of me is scared to read it but at the same time i would love to challenge them too. So if anyone knows more about this please post your comments and thoughts.

I did not let them go easy as well :D I threw Questions at them and told them the Bible says the way Jesus (Isa AS) prayed bowing and prostrating is the same way Muslims pray to date. I asked them why they have so many versions of the Bible and how they can change it to suit their needs and distort it. I asked them to show me a verse in their book that states that it is the Book of God or a place that states Christianity is the true religion. And i also asked them why they didnt wear hijab like Mary (Maryam AS) wore in church. I told them how we prayed and that we believe that Rasulullah (SAW) is the last Prophet and none is to follow... Oh i saw wished the TTI members were here to back me up lol. They gave me a chance and i seized it :D And in the end i told them, " It is only fair that you want me to know about Mormon faith and I also welcome you to the teachings of Islam." They agreed. Not sure whether they will or not but am hoping the questions i threw at them will open up their hearts. Amin.

But like i said, if anyone has info about this new prophecy and Mormon sect to please comment. I would especially love to hear from the reverts here and perhaps learn more about what comparisons they came across and why they chose to join Islam Alhamdulillah.

May Allah give us the strength and knowledge to spread His religion and guide us all to the right path AMIN.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I would remain far from them and dispose of that rubbish "Book of Mormon." These people believe that you become a god in your next life if you live by their tenets and that you can make your own universe. They believe that God is a created being and that he is married to multiple wives and we are his "spirit children." They commit the most heinious forms of shirk and hide behind benign smiles all while proporting this nonsense.

Their "prophet" was a flim-flam man who took wives from his followers and was involved in numerous scams. This religion teaches baptism for the dead, "blood atonement", and other things that fly in the face of Christianity. These are not a sect of Christianity but rather a cult, and an insidious one at that. Their "prophet" Joseph Smith was caught in numerous scams and also taken to court for his crimes. They will tell you he was martyred but in reality he was killed by some of his own followers after he demanded to be married to their wives.

If you are bent on confrontation with them then I would research their religion at length before doing so. They send their missionaries to an intense and in depth training seminar for 6 months to prepare them for any questions. They are very slick and try to "love bomb" their perspective converts.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
You did a good job sister, mashAllah. Next time this mormon will think twice before approaching Muslims. When we engage into a dialogue with christians, first thing we must ask them is "you are from which denomination". Unfortunately I know very little about mormon because I rarely have seen this sect in my place. I remember bro BigAk has some experience with mormon. And you may listen to this Sheikh Ahmed Deedat (may Allah bless his soul) encounter with mormon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m0K0BDatVg