misyar marriages in saudi

Perseveranze

[i know from living in this country and people who live here ,that this is becoming inresingly popular especially for professional women ,so it affects muslims today ,thats why i posted it

Asalaamu Alaikum,

That's not what I meant, I mean like you just posted the article. Someone might've thought this practice is ok, so in future it's best to to mention that this stuff is denounced in Islam, as a means of educating people.

Hope you understand.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I can attest I have heard it go both ways too in terms of who pays who.
I find it very confusing.

No confusion, in Islam it is the woman right to receive dowry not the other way. In hinduism, the man will ask dowry from woman, often hindu family will not want baby girl because of this backward system.

lifeisislam

mehar (marital gift given to be wife by her to be husband ) has no limits , it can be a mountain of gold or it can be a verse from quran , so ity shouldnt be made as burden in marriage it should be given according to the status .

esperanza

revert of many years
mehar (marital gift given to be wife by her to be husband ) has no limits , it can be a mountain of gold or it can be a verse from quran , so ity shouldnt be made as burden in marriage it should be given according to the status .

so true sister,but unfortunately in many societies women make huge demands,and this makes it hard for some men to marry....