Mother-in-law's last request

trying2learn

Before my son's first birthday my mother-in-law got very ill and was hospitalized. She was very sick for a month. We went to visit her in the hospital often and took our children to see her. She has 22 grandchildren, but only my Rasha and Sami have the blonde hair, my daughter has blue eyes and my son has green eyes. My mother-in-law loved this, saying many times that she never thought she would have blonde haired grandchildren. She would have my son sit with her in her hospital bed, she laughed at how chubby he was, and how much he loved to eat. The last day that we saw her we went to leave the room to go home, and my daughter who was not yet 3, ran from the door back over to my mother-in-law grabbed her hand, kissed it, and said "I love you sity!" (this breaks my heart now, firstly because I do not know if my mother-in-law understood, and secondly this was the last time my daughter was able to speak to her sity) she passed away two days later. (My father-in-law passed away in April of 2007, and my mother-in-law September 2009) the last thing my mother-in-law asked of me (my sister-in-law translated) was to have another baby. She said that I had given her two beautiful grandchildren and she wanted me to give her one more. My question is, is there any Islamic basis for me to do this, even though she has passed away? Or is it a respect thing? I would like to know.
I know that my children now, will not remember their paternal grandparents. I am working hard to raise them as good muslims, and even wanting to send them to the islamic school, (I know my in-law's would have loved that, because my husbands ex-wife forces the children to read christian books and even screamed at my step daughter for wearing hijab to go into the mosque), I try to do things that they would approve of, for the sake of my husband and my children. Thank you.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Sis, I think you need to ask a learned scholar because we aren't knowledgeable enough on this topic, and the matter is quite heavy. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother in law, and may Allah grant her Jannah.

I'm sorry, this is completely unrelated but I just spent half an hour studying about eye color and genetics because something in your post reminded me of something - I don't know why high school biology teachers teach students that it is impossible for two siblings to have blue and green eyes, but it is *very* possible, from what I've learned. Anyway, just wondering why they teach us wrong stuff in school.

trying2learn

Well blue and green eyes are what they call recessive genes, the dominant genes are brown eyes. I am a carrier of the recessive genes ( I am tho only one in my family that does not have blue eyes, I have amber eyes, look it up, it's the rarest eye color a person can have) but in order for my children to have blue and green eyes my genes had to pair up with recessive genes that my husband has, which proves that somewhere back in his family tree someone had children with a european person. Its pretty cool.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Im very sorry for your loss first of all! I pray your mother in law is in a better place inshallah.

Not to turn this thread into something other than what it was intended but its interesting about the eye color thing because my father had crystal blue eyes like the color of the sky on a bright sunny day and my mother had hazel eyes so my eye color is a mix of the two of them and one eye doctor said I have turquoise eyes. Not that it matters but it interests me about eye color and genes. I always heard brown is the dominant color no matter if one parent has colored eyes. Guess I heard wrong.

Wa salam