Music at work ?

zelim123

Assalamu ALaikum Brothers and Sisters,

I don't know what to do when working the radio is always on, and i am practising at that place the boss and others are very good towards me. Only problem is the music :( cuz i heard when u listen to Music it exspells the Qur'an out of ur heart and the opposite when u
listen to Qur'an. Please let me know something, couse sometimes i hear songs which i used to listen back then and it makes me wanna listen to it Astaghfirllah

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
wa aleikum salam wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

may Allah reward you for your good intentions..

i hade the same problem at work but alhamdullilah i told nicely to my office colegue that i dont listen anymore and she stoped listening music at computer....i hade to do something in exchange, wich is to let her with the lights on all the time, even the lights bother me....but was a compromise..

if noone hears you maybe you can just ask them to turn the radio at least in low low volume.
You can say you cant concentrate at your work very well with that music...inchallah

may Allah help us protect our iman, ameen

:salam2:

zelim123

Thanks for ur advice Sister May Allah Reward you aswell for the good you did !
I am working in a group with others and the music isn't loud actually, it's just there are some songs which make me wanna listen to it and i forget them when i don't listen but once i hear them all this memories come back.

strive-may-i

Wa Laikum Salaam wa rahmathullaahi wa barakaathuhu,,

There are various version, and it points to a core problem. In some parts of world, the places of worship are beside each other. And just when Salaat is about to begin, the adjacent places of worship too start, they have loudspeakers, mass congrerations, the sounds reach the one offering prayer inside the Mosque...
So what do the believers do?
They endure...

Its tough I agree, but possible. Time to get a bit creative, The next time the music plays, repeat a salaat or say zikr in a way that it neutralizes, what you hear...

Hope this helps!

studyingtruths

Music is a huge thing for me, its one of the very few things in life that I enjoy (amongst other things I like reading and playing the board game 'Go', I hate television). I can say this; going from unconverted music appreciator to converted non-musical lifestyles is going to be a triumph of the will for me.

It is a tradition in many different religious that the all-powerful tests us, whether that is what is going on for you Zelim I couldn't say, but I have no doubt that if you are serious and mean what you do, the music will ultimately be a non-issue for you, have faith.