MUSIC Do You Really K WHATS IN THE HARAM MUSIC YOU ARE LISTEING TO!!!!

rickyraws

Though music's haram, the are still numerous muslims who are going to either deny it, or find a way to make it permissible. The case is usually that many people didn't always know it was haram, like myself. And those who do hold on to it more than anything else. It's a very tender issue. I feel that the more you learn and feel at home with Islam, finding out the beauties of it, learning how the followers used to be thousands of years ago, finding out how different muslims strive in different countries, the issue dwindles and dwindles, till you get to a stage where you won't really care for music anyway, because you'll be son interested, and fascinated that you won't have time for it. This is if you are a person who like to learn. If you like to read, the Qur'an will seem magical. If you like to think, you'll appreciate certain aspects of it more. What ever the case, take things step by step, and don't try to overwhelm yourself. I'm sure everything will start to fall into place over time.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Though music's haram, the are still numerous muslims who are going to either deny it, or find a way to make it permissible. The case is usually that many people didn't always know it was haram, like myself. And those who do hold on to it more than anything else. It's a very tender issue. I feel that the more you learn and feel at home with Islam, finding out the beauties of it, learning how the followers used to be thousands of years ago, finding out how different muslims strive in different countries, the issue dwindles and dwindles, till you get to a stage where you won't really care for music anyway, because you'll be son interested, and fascinated that you won't have time for it. This is if you are a person who like to learn. If you like to read, the Qur'an will seem magical. If you like to think, you'll appreciate certain aspects of it more. What ever the case, take things step by step, and don't try to overwhelm yourself. I'm sure everything will start to fall into place over time.

Mashallah, well said brother...

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Cat Stevens stopped making music for 30 years because he thought it was haram. 30 years later he learned that there where other interpretations and started to make music again although he now praises the creator instead in his music but he still is using instrumentation. And what about Michael Jackson? I've seen him being praised on various muslim blogs since he passed away but why? Isn't his music as haram as any other no matter if he was a muslim or not?

Peace be on to you,

How many times has it happened to you that you remember a tune that is in your head and you can't get it out of your head ?
Such remembrance are worthless and a waste of time. It is taking the place of the Holy Quran in your heart and minds.

Popular music nowadays talks about Haram or immoral things (as you mentioned). The only other kind of musical left is instrumental music, which if you listen for long has a hypnotic effect on one person. It is also been proved that music affects one's emotions, increases arousal in terms of alertness and excitement and also leads to various physiological changes in the person

All the above mentioned is logical reasoning. The Prophet (pbuh) mentioned is a saheeh classified Hadeeth in Bukhari and this should be enough for the doubters.

"There will be people of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma`aazif ( musical instruments )."

Once we have the evidence, we shouldn't look for excuses. Be it Yusuf Islam or someone else. May Allah swt guide him and others to the right path. Ameen.

Also music in my opinion is a modern day euphemism. The Tabi'een used to call it " Quran of the Shaytaan ".

As mentioned in the Quran :

"O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy. " [2:208]

So once we have the proof presented to us from authentic sources, we dont make excuses and as good muslims we submit completely to the will of Allah swt. :)

Below is a good lecture from Brother Kamal El Mekki. You can learn a whole lot more from it. :)

[yt]RthlUOYkI7M[/yt]

rickyraws

Also, we need to see things in a different light, like for instance, think about this story:

The cheerful girl with bouncy golden curls was almost five Waiting
with her mother at the checkout stand, she saw them: a circle of
glistening white pearls in a pink foil box.

"Oh please, Mommy. Can I have them? Please, Mommy, please?"

Quickly the mother checked the back of the little foil box and
Then looked back into the pleading blue eyes of her little girl's
upturned face .

"One rand ninety-five. That's almost R2.00. If you really want
them, I'll think of some extra chores for you and in no time you can
save enough money to buy them for yourself. Your birthday's only a
week away and you might get some money from Grandma."

As soon as Aysha got home, she emptied her penny bank and counted
Out 17 cents. After dinner, she did more than her share of chores
and she went to the neighbor and asked Mrs. Kamaa if she could pick
Dandelions for ten cents.

On her birthday, Grandma did give her another rand and at last she
Had enough money to buy the necklace.

Aysha loved her pearls. They made her feel dressed up and grown up.
She wore them everywhere - Madrassa, kindergarten, even to bed.

The only time she took them off was when she went swimming or had
A bubble bath. Mother said if they got wet, they might turn her neck
green.

Aysha had a very loving daddy and every night when she was ready
For bed, he would stop whatever he was doing and come upstairs to read
her a story.

One night when he finished the story, he asked Aysha, "Do you
love me?"

"Oh yes, Daddy. You know that I love you."

"Then give me your pearls."

"Oh, Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have Princess - the white
Horse from my collection. The one with the pink tail. Remember,
Daddy? The one you gave me. She's my favourite."

"That's okay, Honey. Daddy loves you. And he brushed
Her cheek with a kiss.

About a week later, after the story time, Aysha's daddy asked again,
"Do you love me?"

"Daddy, you know I love you."

"Then give me your pearls."
"Oh Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have my baby doll. The brand
New one I got for my birthday. She is so beautiful and you can have
the yellow blanket that matches her sleeper."

"That's okay. Sleep well little one. Daddy loves you"

And as always, he brushed her cheek with a gentle kiss.

A few nights later when her daddy came in, Aysha was sitting on her
Bed with her legs crossed Indian-style. As he came close, he noticed
her chin was trembling and one silent tear rolled down her cheek.

"What is it, Aysha? What's the matter?" Aysha didn't say anything
But lifted her little hand up to her daddy. And when she opened it,
there was her little pearl necklace. With a little quiver, she finally
said, "Here, Daddy. It's for you."

With tears gathering in his own eyes, Aysha's kind daddy reached
Out with one hand to take the cheap store necklace, and with the
other hand he reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet case
with a strand of genuine pearls and gave them to Aysha.

He had them all the time. He was just waiting for her to give up
The cheap store stuff so he could give her the genuine treasure.

So as it is with Allah. Allah is waiting for us to give up the cheap
Things in our lives so that Allah can give us beautiful treasures.

Are you holding onto things which Allah wants you to let go of?

Are you holding on to harmful or unnecessary partners,
relationships, habits and activities which you have come so attached
to that it seems impossible to let go of?

Sometimes it is so hard to see what is in the other hand, but
Do believe this one thing.................. Allah will never take away
Something without giving you something better to take its place.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
SubhanaAllah!!! that was powerfull!!!!! jazakaAllah khairanfor sharing this!!!!

yousuf24

Jazakallah Akhi for Sharing

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
music is Haram.what many hadith say is true and I understood and accepted it because music is the way through which Shaytan can pass easily into the heart of the believer,making him forget his real goal.since I read a thread about Illuminati,i discovered that the music is being used to send Satanic messages to the people through subliminal messages.verily many young people nowdays have become violent,empty and their lives are reduced to some minutes of glory when they make use of drugs...they live like machines of destruction,but they don't evenrealize that they destroy themselves and Shaytan lets them damned

ipanda

Rap music is garbage...it insults Christianity, God, Islam, women...thats most rap music. I don't actually see any harm in great music/songs that are just about social matters that we go thru in life.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
brother Ipanda,I respect your view.since I realized what I realized,I can say that all kind of music is a distraction from the real target.I always switch the tv on a channel called "saudi Quran" and I see in every moment of the day thousands of muslims going to Mecca to perform Umra or to pray or to contemplate.I feel a shiver when I see the people all praying in several ranks,they are maybe 50,000 or more muslims,and when the Imam finishes the prayer,after some seconds I see them starting to go around the Ka'ba until the next prayer.what is music in front such a miracle???:ma:

ipanda

here is an explanation that honestly got me thinking. I was at my church last sunday and asked my pastor about music. He told me what he had heard from another pastor: "Bring the tape recorder to the church and play your favorite music right in the middle of the church." I said "I can't do that" When asked why I replied "it is church." And he replied "what is wrong in church is wrong in every part of life."

It indeed is a correct answer.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
nowdays almost nothing is wrong in the church,neither impure acts of which many priests are guilty.have you heard of abuses over children by priests?what does a priest know about music?if you,as muslim are aware that music =shaytan,then the priest wants to lead you toward evil's path.
I got this awareness since I discovered that while I liked listening to music,I was delaying the time of my prayers.I was annihilated from music,and I was convinced that music could relax me,while instead I was only going far from Allah's path.no offense for your opinion,it is what you think and I can't do nothing to make you change idea,if you don't want.may Allah reward you:SMILY259:

ipanda

i dont want to divert the intention of the forum by comparing churches/christianity with muslim or vice-versa nor i have the ability. But my pastor was trying to make a point and it is valid argument in all faiths, be it Islam, Christianity or Jew or ...by the way, don't play what some priest did with others. It is very wrong. I have definitely heard of people who call themselves do "evil" or "haram" things but that is by no means related to Islam. I would never blame Islam for their wrong doing as it is really bad to do so. By the way, just like I search for Islamic answers in Islamic platforms, I suggest you join do the same to learn about others if you wish. But please don't judge. We have no right nor power to judge like this. Allah be with you too.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
oh no,I don't want to judge anybody.by the fact this is an islamic site,I'm trying to respect the guidelines of it.as muslima,I wish to make others know what Islam teaches.maybe I am a person who doesn't like to join to what is bad(from my point of view).I was raised up as hindu/catholic,then I became atheist,but Islam filled my emptyess.how can I explain you my feelings?do you know what I thought in these days?if there is who likes something and he supposes that it is useful to him,then let he do it until he'll understand that it will give nothing good but a waste of time...in conclusion,I was concerned to the matter and wanted to express my opinion,but I'm far from judging you,just talk to your heart:wasalam: