Music halal or haram???

Status
Not open for further replies.

iloveislam78

salam all,,, hope you are well,

I just wondered if anyone knows the correct islamic ruling on listening to music on an ipod or mp3???

ive tried to reserch this but it seems that many are undecided on this issue could anyone provide me with firm proof on the permissibility or ....not.

jazakallah

salam.

Islam is Best

hello my bro

salam too

music is haram in islam

you can hear nashed wich is not have any music ..

and you can get mp3 nashed is thes forum

thanx

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

I just wondered if anyone knows the correct islamic ruling on listening to music on an ipod or mp3???

I don't mean to be picky but I just want to clarify, the ruling with regards to listening to music would be the same whether it was on an iPod or any mp3 player, or through any other medium.

Also, if you use the search option and type in the key words 'music' 'haram' and 'halal', you will probably find everything you need and much more.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
I have research this issue for my own enlightenment and have found that whether Music is halal or haram is debated by many.

Here are some of the sites I found that mention it.

Freemuse

Muftisays

Renaissance

Islam World

PLANETISLAM

[yt]iHhveITz8Dc[/yt]

[yt]Tcg23cdP5ok&feature[/yt]

So far, my understanding is that if it has instruments other than the hand drums (duff) or words which do not glorify Allah.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

If you use the *search* engine on the top right of the TTI page you will inshallah find numerous threads on the topic..many of which provide scholarly researches and verdicts regarding music..

If you need further assistance you may contact me via PM and I will inshallah help you the best I can...

May Allah bless you and guide you..Ameen

(thread closed due to the repetitiousness of the question..and the abundance of information provided for it)

:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.