Music

A Kashmiri

Why you dont try to be a islamic songs/ nasheed singer ( like Brother Bhika etc) ... It might help...

Inshallah ... Have faith in Allah and know that he has something better for you than making music etc..

Axmyn

:salam2:

brother firdavs,
god has blessed you with a good voice and a talent. use it wisely in the way of Allah.
it is a well known fact that music is forbidden with reference to sayings of the prophet (PBUH) and the tafseer of the quran.

you dont need to leave your career,
what you can do dear brother is to make poems and make it into songs which touches the heart of the people who hears it and makes them repent for their mistakes and giudes them to follow the way of Islam.

of course those songs should be without music

listen to Nasheeds or zain bikha, maybe that might give you a head start.

may allah guide you to the right path

Renee

I have never in my life viewed music as idol worship. I only enjoy it as everything else beautiful in life. My life doesn't circle around it or I don't listen to it all day. But neither can I view it as evil. Perhaps some music is immoral but not all are. On the contrary, most isn't. The way I see it it's not reason enough to ban all music. It would be like banning all books because of Mein Kampf and Das Kapital. It doesn't make all books evil or immoral. If I converted I would make sure it didn't interfere with my religious obligations. Only listen to it when I have time off and only the stuff I really like. I wouldn't call that idolatry.

Firdavs

Thanks Brothers & Sisters for your feeds well as you lets see and hope where Allah will take me through this path i am willing take of his. Hoping the best of the best :)

icadams

I have never in my life viewed music as idol worship. I only enjoy it as everything else beautiful in life. My life doesn't circle around it or I don't listen to it all day. But neither can I view it as evil. Perhaps some music is immoral but not all are. On the contrary, most isn't. The way I see it it's not reason enough to ban all music. It would be like banning all books because of Mein Kampf and Das Kapital. It doesn't make all books evil or immoral. If I converted I would make sure it didn't interfere with my religious obligations. Only listen to it when I have time off and only the stuff I really like. I wouldn't call that idolatry.

Brother, I think that you should be very careful about what you are saying. You are raising yourself on a pedestal and putting your own opinions above that of the Prophet, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, and the scholars of Islam. It isn't a matter of what we think, of what we want, or what we do or do not like, it is a matter of what Allah says to us. It really does not matter why, it only matters that it is. For what it is worth, my personal, and highly subjective, opinion is that most forms of music are considered haram, not because the music is inherently evil, but because of the emotional impact that it has on people. Books are not haraam, though books of certain types are, because books interact with us through the intellect. Music on the other hand is an emotional vehicle. Music moves and sways us, it speaks to us in ways that tend to bypass the intellect and cause us to react in often visceral and spontaneous methods that can be dangerous. Not always, of course, but that is just my two-cents worth.
Exercise caution in your conclusions and in the decision-making process that leads to them. Put your desires to the side and consider the ramifications of not following the hadith and the teachings and interpretations of the learned scholars. May Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, guide you.

rickyraws

Brother, I think that you should be very careful about what you are saying. You are raising yourself on a pedestal and putting your own opinions above that of the Prophet, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, and the scholars of Islam. It isn't a matter of what we think, of what we want, or what we do or do not like, it is a matter of what Allah says to us. It really does not matter why, it only matters that it is. For what it is worth, my personal, and highly subjective, opinion is that most forms of music are considered haram, not because the music is inherently evil, but because of the emotional impact that it has on people. Books are not haraam, though books of certain types are, because books interact with us through the intellect. Music on the other hand is an emotional vehicle. Music moves and sways us, it speaks to us in ways that tend to bypass the intellect and cause us to react in often visceral and spontaneous methods that can be dangerous. Not always, of course, but that is just my two-cents worth.
Exercise caution in your conclusions and in the decision-making process that leads to them. Put your desires to the side and consider the ramifications of not following the hadith and the teachings and interpretations of the learned scholars. May Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, guide you.

Great advice........although I'm preeeeeeeeeeeetty sure she's a sister. lol