Muslim women don't have to wear veils

Status
Not open for further replies.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Hearing things like this makes me feel disappointed and sad. :( May Allaah swt guide her and those other women like her ameen.

UmmOf3

Maybe she knowns the truth? but is just trying to ease the thoughts of non muslims at muslims?
Salaam aleikum

Even if she knows, and just tries to be "eatable" for the West, its still not correct. Its maybe even worse.

Now, people tells us muslimahs, "why bother with hijab, Queen of Jordan says its not a must in islam". I heard it at work the other day. Well, I said, she is not a scholar, to say things like that. They say, "maybe not, but she is a muslim woman, we should listen to the women"... So, they cant listen to me, when I say hijab is a must, but they can listen to her, when she say its not... :s

Globalpeace

Banned
“Maulana” Her Majesty Queen Raina

Asslamo Allaikum,

I think the title says it all....

Why does anyone who needs to get back in the papers or thinks that they are a “Celebrity” think that it is their God-given right to start issuing Fatwas?

No doubt; they will be loads of celebrity worshipping (stars in their eyes) Muslims around the world who will start quoting her as the authority on Qur’aan & Sunnah

The_truth_pls

Well, its quite obvious she'd rather change islam than change herslef. A stooge from a family of stooges. Regardless in perfect honesty what does hijab really matter in real life? I have seen chicks wearing hijab doing Kabirah sins, :astag: in that respect hijab is insignifcant for me personally, I wouldnt think of a women wearing a hijab better than the one not wearing one.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Isnt what we are doing is Khibha, every one is calling her this and that Yes we all know what she said is Wrong, but whats the point of keep talking about her like this? move on....

We should look in to our mistakes first before we start talking about others, its not like we have never done anything wrong.

As Mabsoot said Say Allah Yahdiha (Allah guide her) he guided worse people than her.

wa salaam alikom.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

Yes you are right that we should not do Gheeba (back-bite) & first of all I am Sorry....BUT if someone has done something wrong (or in this case attacked Islam) OPENLY then it should be condenmed OPENLY & that is the ruling from the Qur'aan & the Sunnah.

I could care less what "Her Majesty" does in her personal life BUT she has no right to start dictating the Shariah to me or others.

So yes we should make dua for Allah (SWT) to guide her; but others MUST be told that her opinion is incorrecr & she has no right to meddle in the Qur'aan and the Sunnah

P.S: With the utmost respect; and off course you have the right to disagree.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
walikom salaam

she Attacked Islam !? now she attacked Islam by saying Hijab is not Fard ?

How we know that what ever she is saying is not out of Ignorance? and that she dosnt know the Islamic rulling on this? this beside the point...its my opinion..

أخرج الإمام البيهقي بسنده في شُعَب الإيمان إلى جعفر بن محمد قال: إذا بلغك عن أخيك الشيء تنكره فالتمس له عذرا واحدا إلى سبعين عذرا، فإن أصبته، وإلا، قل لعل له عذرا لا أعرفه.

The meaning: from Imam Albiehghi from Jafar bin Mohammed said:
If you heard about your brother something you dont like, find for him one excuse to seventy excuses, and if you couldnt find any excuse just say he might have an excuse which I dont know

any way jazaakom Allah Khiran

salaam alikom

yusuf125

:salam2:
Yes she is mistaken, but..

Why dont you guys make Dua for her? Or is everyone too good to do that?

wasalam.

mabsoot, this is the kind of attitude and reason that keeps me visiting this site.
may allah reward you for your good sense

kayleigh

Islam first and foremost isnt about choices it is about submission to the creator.
“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error”[al-Ahzaab 33:36]

I understand it's something God tells women to do, but to me it seems like it would be an insult to God to wear the hijab without meaning it and being fully convinced of it. If and when a Muslim woman wears hijab it should be for the right reasons, not because someone is forcing her to do it. That's what I meant when I said a woman shouldn't be forced into it.

Habasha Sister

Alhamdullilah quran is our guidance

We have Quran and Sunnah to tell us what to do and what not, Alhamdullilah, so we don't bother on what a person says, anyways May Allah lead her and us ameen.

Globalpeace

Banned
History!

Asslamo Allaikum,

After knowing her & her family's (biological and married) historical background and their "contributions to Islam" and judging it in the context of UNIVERSAL efforts to marginalise Islam particualrly in the light of Beijing 5 & Cairo conferences; I doubt what she said "is a mistake" or out of "lack of knowledge"

If you guys cast your mind back to 9/11; there was a rally lead by her against the attacks & I heard the interviews of the PR firm (in London) which advises them (her & husband) because "they are not familiar with Arab & Islamic culture and tradition"...PR firm works in addition to the Arab advisors in Jordan who also do the same thing...So her appearences and words are checked to esnure that they are according to "Royal Protocols" and nothing is being breached...(Similar to Queen of England)...

If you read her interviews in different magazines & TV stations around the world then you will realise that she says quite a bit of stuff which is Anti-Islamic.

If Brothers/Sisters are willing to consider a choreographed, rehearsed and twice edited (Jordanian advisors and then British) words coming from not a common revert but from the member of a royal family of a sovereign nation to be a “mistake” or dismiss it as being “lack of knowledge” then I suppose...

Everyone has a right to an opinion and Masha'Allah may Allah (SWT) reward all nice mannered, sincere, straight and innocent Brothers/Sisters (including Br Mabsoot) as their advice is welcome and based on sincerity.

Destiny_Jannah

I'm not surprise to hear these ignorant comments.

But over here, there is tv show call "behind the story" usually they talk about issues related to Muslims ( mostly what I have notice last of couple of months). there was this non-muslim lady who said muslim women are not require to cover up. i sent a message asking her to show me the prove since she isn't a muslim. She never response.

people (muslims) need to go back to the Qur'aan and the Sunnah rather than following what their forefathers followed.

Globalpeace

Banned
I love you all!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Not being sarcastic at all...Just love the innocence & sincerity ozzing through my screen when I come to TTI.

mahdi

hallo

As Salaamu Alaykum
We make such issues out of petty things! We should be focusing on things such as getting people to learn how to read. Especially learning Arabic. Did you know that nearly all of Al Qaeda's followers are illiterate? That explains a lot.

Also, so many Muslims don't know this religion. Missionaries and others lie a lot about Islam, and the ignorant Muslim thinks that the Qur'an actually says: "Kill all non-Muslims in order to get 77 virgins".

We should be focusing on these things, THEN worrying about petty issues such as which source to rely on for moon sightings and hijabs.

i don't think any muslims believes that killing any innocent life will give him 77 virgins, but know one thing this is the believe of the westerners. this is there stereotypeing about islam, but i don't believe any muslim thinks or believe such words, even if he doesn't understand much about islam, the first thing a muslim person learns is the meaning of islam, and islam means peace.. and u said the veil is not a big issue, no the veil is really a big issue, because so many women think that they don't need it,

Globalpeace

Banned
77 Virgins!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Sorry Brothers/Sisters...

But this one always makes me laugh particularly when a revert couple of years ago asked me, "What I am supposed to do with all those women Brother, I mean one is enough isn't it"?

He was being serious.

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
salaam allaikum

I agree we should not Force People Into doing anything, and if we feel theres something wrong or someone said something against Quran and Sunnah then as a muslim its Our Duty to Advice Him/Her once to follow Quran and Sunnah and make Dua for them. Talking this way on this Forum will just add up Sins on Geeba , and dont force anything on anyone , ya i agree it feels bad when any Brothers or Sisters in Islam is not following Quran and Sunnah but we are not the one to Guide Others its Allah who Guides . But we are just to Advice Once thats our Duty . the Big Problem Lies in The Todays World is That Majority of Muslims Do not Fear and have forgot about Allah and the Day of Judgement. and no country is following Shariah Law completely so there iis no Judge on anything. and anyway if after advice a person doesnt listen then its them whos goin to be accountable for their sins not Us. so the best thing DUA for Muuslim Ummah

I hope i made sense but anyway this is my opinion

salaam allaikum

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
salaam allaikum

77 Virgins is the weak hadith, which some Non Muslim dont Know. Well they dont Know anything About Islam. and other Non mulims are ignorant so I guess best thing is to first Educate our Muslim Ummah About Islam then bother About what Non-Muslims are Sayin or Attacking Islam. because more than 60% of muslims cant Speak Arabic and many cant even Read Arabic. In many Non Arab Countries People Are Jus Reading Translation and they are satisfied with that , and due to this fact there are times when you dont get perfect meaning of the Verse. as you must have notice that understanding the Reall Quran which is in Classical Arabic is way more stronger in meaning than translation of arabic. One Big Example is if You Ask Born Muslims about what Salaam allaikum Means , many will start guesiing and they dont know what it means , this shows that how much Born muslims can understand from Arabic Quran. i mean Born muslims from Non - arabic Countries.

and about Hijab will be the same Educate muslims so they know why they wearing Hijab. dont just force them to wear hijab. Quran asks Women to Wear it but at the same time we are supposed to let women know why they wearing Hijab . as You know islam is about Rights Limits and Reasoning and there are people in west who are trying to change Quran so its our duty to Educate all Muslims. and Hijab doenst mean that you just wear loose clothes and scarf . it even means that you lower your gaze as wel this thing applies to Mens as well . so Hijab is necassiry yes its not choice but that doesnt mean You Force . it means you inform womens about why they wearing Hijab.

salaam allaikum

Status
Not open for further replies.