My experience of Hijaab!

Search4Truth

:hijabi:

Well, today I made a big step forward in my path towards Islam. As I know it is an important time of the Islamic calendar, I decided that today was going to be the day I wore the hijab.

I actually have a hijaab given to me by a friend but today was the first time I'd actually worn it in public, in front of friends and family.

All I can say is- what a liberating wonderful experience. I can honestly say for the first time in ages that I felt free to be myself, and not be judged or looked upon as an object.
Today was the first day I felt like people saw me for the true person I was and especially men, who were forced to address my face and not talk to my body.

But most of all I felt a certain holiness, purity, closeness to what I feel that Allah would want me to be.

Just thought I'd share!

kiki18

hehe sister welcome to the new hijabis club of this week hehehe :)

i'm so glad you joined us, surely it is the right decission

Search4Truth

I promise you sister, that if you make it a habit, you'll begin to feel more self secured and confident!

True, some people might stare, but 99% of the time, its out of CURIOSITY.

Imagine how great it'll be when you are the reason someone else grasps Islam? It can be as simple as a glance at a hijabi on the bus.

I'm proud of you!

:mashallah:

:)

It was seeing the happy faces of the Muslim students in their hijab here at my uni that got me into Islam.

Isra

aka Tree2008
:hijabi:

Well, today I made a big step forward in my path towards Islam. As I know it is an important time of the Islamic calendar, I decided that today was going to be the day I wore the hijab.

I actually have a hijaab given to me by a friend but today was the first time I'd actually worn it in public, in front of friends and family.

All I can say is- what a liberating wonderful experience. I can honestly say for the first time in ages that I felt free to be myself, and not be judged or looked upon as an object.
Today was the first day I felt like people saw me for the true person I was and especially men, who were forced to address my face and not talk to my body.

But most of all I felt a certain holiness, purity, closeness to what I feel that Allah would want me to be.

Just thought I'd share!

As salamo alaikome sister and mashallah!!!! Welcome to hijab club!!! Brother AZAM_SIDDIQUI wrote in another thread that us sisters have started "Hijab Club" for this Ramadan and what a wonderful idea right????

I am so happy to see I am not alone in my decision to wear hijab to honor our creators command on us. Alhamdulillah we are now a "club" even!!!! :)

hassana elkoussi

Mashallah dear sisters, that's definitely a blessed day in a very blessed month. To hear of the hijab of three dear sisters on one & the same day is really SOMETHING. May Allah make things easy for you and always keep you steadfast in your path to Allah swt. Ameen

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
mashaAllah tabarakaAllah:D:D:D:D
sooooo proud of YOU!!!!! *Hijab club* sounds amazing...hehehe though I wore my hijab before, I'll LOVE to join the club:D:D:D
yeeeeehhhho, see today is just a blessed day!AlhamduliAllah:D
congratssss sister:D
HUG!!!

masshallah dats so veryh good ... indeed dats the best feeling for a women wen peaple see her with dat respect ... we r saved by evils eyes ... allhumdulilah :jumpclap::ma:

Manaal_e_Afghan

Assalam O Alaikum wr wb

*Congratulations Dear sister In Islam
mashAllah Thats Very Good
mashAllah Always be proud of Your identity Being a muslim
Alhamdulilah