My first Ramadan. Alone :(

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
UPDATE:

I would just like to let everyone know that sister Isra and I were able to email, text message, AND skype eachother last Saturday. :)

Turns out she literally drives past my house 2 times per week while visiting her husband's family on the weekends. We have plans to meet up this weekend inshallah. :)

Allah is Amazing!!

:salam2:
Congratulations Sisters !!! This TTI is also amazing... how it helps in uniting people in far away lands.

Reading this thread I feel like watching a happy movie in which everyone meets at the end. :lol:

Therefore I feel sooooo happy for you sisters. May Allah (SWT) raise your ranks in Jannah and give you more happiness in this world and beyond. Ameen.

I have just this question for you:
What is this small village near Agadir, Morocco ???
I never heard about this village or Agadir. Must be a very nice and hospitable place, but how do you two young American ladies found this place?

Could you also define this village and the area and the people... I am very curious to know more about it.
:wasalam:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Assalamu Alaikum:

Your post reminds me of my first ever Ramadan. When I fasted for my first ever Ramadan my family members used to look me as if I am a stranger for them. To add,they were surprised that an individual with strong appetite and seldom getting late for dual meals would ever be able to fast. Alhamdulillah and Alhamdulillah I was able to fast which otherwise was a bulky and non-feasible task for me.

And the time of Sahoor was a tense period for me. Noises from kitchen during Sahoor would scatter round the ground floor,family members having rooms on ground floor would peep out despite knowing whats going on.

Alhamdulillah and Alhamdulillah my wife then a Hindu never hesitated to get up around 4am and cook Sahoor for me.

Masha-Allah those early days of my reversion unforgettable.

This year InshaAllah my wife would be also fasting,this is going to be her first Ramadan.

May Allah (SWT) guide us to absorb real purpose of fasting.

Regards.

Regards

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
brother

Amazing!
:ma:
Thank you for sharing with us,
:jazaak:
~May Allah swt guide,help you and your wife~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam :)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

My dearest sister,

In your situasion
i would strongly suggest you to break your fast(iftar)
at the nearest mosque near where you are staying and altogether
pray maghrib and solat Isyak then taraweeh(If you willing to perform)

Counting the distance
won't be too troublesome for you from home.
Remember you need to fast the next day!

Get and store some food like biscuit and bread(get something that possible to make you stand the hunger
for the day
something like oats,thick cereal e.t.c)
for your
Suhoor/Sahur (time to eat before fasting) ,
Watch out to stop eating before Imsak (deadline time to stop eating before fasting)
and Solat Subuh (time for first prayer of the day).

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam :)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
SubhanAllah, this reinforces sis Isra's feeling that Allah (Subhanahu wa taala) operates actively on the internet, and on TTI.

Isra

aka Tree2008
What is this small village near Agadir, Morocco ???
I never heard about this village or Agadir. Must be a very nice and hospitable place, but how do you two young American ladies found this place?

Could you also define this village and the area and the people... I am very curious to know more about it.

Wa alaikome salam brother Munawar

Thanks for asking about my new "home"! Agadir is a huge tourist area in Morocco right on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean! Its a beautiful place with just about anything you can think of all in one place! The weather is great too year round!

The people from Morocco are some of the most warm, welcoming, hospitable and friendliest people in the world in my opinion. In fact Morocco is well known by its hospitality! If you were lost anywhere in the world you better hope it is Morocco! The people will literally take you in and let you spend the night even if they dont know you!!! If the world had a heart it would be Morocco!

The small village that sister Jamila lives in is very cute and artsy. She also has the advantage of many tourists in her area and she lives near the ocean. The village that I live in during the weekdays is not as cute nor as nice but its "home" and Im becoming accustomed to it finally! I had a really hard time when I first moved here but now life has gotten much better Alhamdulillah!

I cant speak for sister Jamila but I actually discovered Morocco around the same time as I learned about Islam! It was actually a really nice Moroccan family that let me spend 3 weeks with them when I came to take my shahada! All I can say is Allah must have chosen Morocco for me because about a year after taking my shahada I met my husband on a Muslim matrimonial website and would you believe he was from Morocco????!!!! I took that as a sign from Allah! I moved to Morocco last August (2010) and married my husband just a month later in September!!! We have been so blessed Alhamdulillah!

We visit his parents in Agadir every weekend which is how I pass by sister Jamila's house! So inshallah we will meet in person very soon and she can visit us for Ramadan and inshallah EID too!!!

Wa salam

Isra

aka Tree2008
SubhanAllah, this reinforces sis Isra's feeling that Allah (Subhanahu wa taala) operates actively on the internet, and on TTI.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe some people will think Im crazy but I guess more and more my theory is being proven isnt it???!!! Alhamdulillah!!!! Allah works in mysterious ways! :wink:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Suhoor/Sahur (time to eat before fasting) ,
Watch out to stop eating before Imsak (deadline time to stop eating before fasting)
and Solat Subuh (time for first prayer of the day).

But I thought one has to eat until the Subuh time - NOT Imsaak. It is bidah to eat only until Imsaak.

I was going over my brother's prayer chart in Singapore, and he was asking what this Imsak was.... I don't know why they use Imsak.