Nationalism makes my blood boil.

aseel

SALAM
mmmmm.... i agree that nationalism is bad it's the root of confict.
i'm english and i don't hate my country but i'm ashamed of it soooooooooooooo much! I used to be pround of being part of a multiculturel nation , but when you are on the other side of the fence , and you become the outsider(muslim) you see how ugly it realy is!
i've always been an army brat ang only lived in england until i was 2 years old, so i do not have any sence of nationalism!
But execif nationalism makes me sick!
I had some kuwaiti friends that said the name of there country in every sentence, on q8 tv in the morning you see the children singing about the love for their country, don't get me wrong i love kuwait and i want to live there one day inshallah i think the gouverment is one of the best in the world and the people are great too!!!! BUT,the i can't handdle the nationalisme!
it's the same in america, french have a diffrent kind of nationalism, they are not as proud of there heritage, they like everything exotic as long as it dose not enter their country, english nationalism is just waky!! appart from oviously the far right, english nationalism takes the form of: " but you can't be muslim, i don't understand, an english person can not be muslim! ??!! you have to be what you realy are !" (that was said to me the other day ! and i was also tolled i must be brainwashed)