Need advice regarding helping new reverts

Asha88

Ghurabaa
:salam2: Brothers and sisters,

I hope everyone is in the best of health and imaan insyaAllah!

I hope to get some advice from brothers and sisters here insyaAllah!

A week ago, a sister's friend reverted to Islam. Alhamdulillah, you have a new sister now! :) Since she doesn't have muslim friends, she came to my sister and I to help her with regards to on how to pray, wudu's etc.

So can someone give me advice about where to start? I told her that she should start learning how to:
1) take wudu'
2) Al-fatehah
3) Prayer

Ok, I really have no idea the proper way so I am hoping someone can help me out and suggest something since this is our first time helping a new revert.I am actually quite wary about helping her because I myself am stilll learning and I am just afraid that I will end up teaching her something wrong. Somehow, I know we should help her because she doesn't know any other Muslims who can help her out.

JazakALLAH Khair!!

:wasalam:

Your confused sister Asha :shymuslima1:

A-believer-25

:salam2:

Al-hamduillah! :)

I don't know how much of help I can be, but I can give some links, inshallah they will be helpful. :)

http://transliteration.org/quran/WebSite_CD/MixYuwsuf/Fram2E.htm

She can learn to recite some chapters here, including al-fatiha. It has a translation, transliteration to help her pronounce the ayahs and you can hear a reciter say it.

Here is what she says in prayer.

http://transliteration.org/quran/WhatToSayInPrayer.htm

I don't know where a better site for salah or wadu though. :(

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
:salam2: Brothers and sisters,

I hope everyone is in the best of health and imaan insyaAllah!

I hope to get some advice from brothers and sisters here insyaAllah!

A week ago, a sister's friend reverted to Islam. Alhamdulillah, you have a new sister now! :) Since she doesn't have muslim friends, she came to my sister and I to help her with regards to on how to pray, wudu's etc.

So can someone give me advice about where to start? I told her that she should start learning how to:
1) take wudu'
2) Al-fatehah
3) Prayer

Ok, I really have no idea the proper way so I am hoping someone can help me out and suggest something since this is our first time helping a new revert.I am actually quite wary about helping her because I myself am stilll learning and I am just afraid that I will end up teaching her something wrong. Somehow, I know we should help her because she doesn't know any other Muslims who can help her out.

JazakALLAH Khair!!

:wasalam:

Your confused sister Asha :shymuslima1:

sister ,well.. your right ????? but sister what is al-fatehah? and also tell her to learn to read quran , and to by heart all the surah of quran and to read this word 'subhanallah' 100 times a day , this will be very useful to us all .. this word 'subhanallah' gives us 1000 times reward and tell her to read surah-al-mulk, or you read it for her.. if you read this surah , your all sins will be remitted:blackhijab: ..i hope you understood.. and ya ! tell her 1 last thing to love her parents a lot ... and mostly her mother , because our every ones mother is the key for jannah ... tell her no to forget to love her parents ... tell her if they give her many works to do.. then tell her to agree it politely..

Asha88

Ghurabaa
:salam2:

Al-hamduillah! :)

I don't know how much of help I can be, but I can give some links, inshallah they will be helpful. :)

http://transliteration.org/quran/WebSite_CD/MixYuwsuf/Fram2E.htm

She can learn to recite some chapters here, including al-fatiha. It has a translation, transliteration to help her pronounce the ayahs and you can hear a reciter say it.

Here is what she says in prayer.

http://transliteration.org/quran/WhatToSayInPrayer.htm

I don't know where a better site for salah or wadu though. :(

Salaam Brother,

JazakAllah khair for the sites!! I think that is what she needs. I actually gave her quranexplorer.com but I think it might be difficult to understand for first timers since it is quite fast.. Lol.. :hijabi:

Asha

Asha88

Ghurabaa
sister ,well.. your right ????? but sister what is al-fatehah? and also tell her to learn to read quran , and to by heart all the surah of quran and to read this word 'subhanallah' 100 times a day , this will be very useful to us all .. this word 'subhanallah' gives us 1000 times reward and tell her to read surah-al-mulk, or you read it for her.. if you read this surah , your all sins will be remitted:blackhijab: ..i hope you understood.. and ya ! tell her 1 last thing to love her parents a lot ... and mostly her mother , because our every ones mother is the key for jannah ... tell her no to forget to love her parents ... tell her if they give her many works to do.. then tell her to agree it politely..

Salaam Sister,

JazakAllah khair for the suggestions. Suraah al-fatehah is the first suraah sis. That is an important suraah to start with I reckon. Anyways, thanks for the suggestions :) :blackhijab:

Asha

mhamzah

by Mushfiqur Rahman

If one has learned about the basic beliefs (aqeedah) and making salat in Arabic, then he/she has learnt the first two pillars of Islam and also has done the most important step after becoming Muslim. The rest of the pillars are simple or are applicable when certain conditions are met. These are:

3rd Pillar: Paying zakat if one's income/asses is above a certain threshold (nisab)
4th Pillar: Making fast in Ramadan - a simple act with little details
5th Pillar: Doing pilgrimage if one is physically and economically able to do so
Beyond these, I would suggest to any new Muslim to remain very simple in his or her observance of an Islamic life. Seeking knowledge is good and we should all do that, but it is important for a new comer to Islam not to overburden himself or herself with too many details beyond what the basic Islamic teachings require.

After this cautionary remark, I would say that a new Muslim may read the following book to get an understanding of Islamic perspectives on some basic issues and matters that affect our life to-day. The book is: "The Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam" by Dr. Yusuf al Qaradawi.

Equally important is staying in touch with the Masjid and the Muslim community.

These are my personal suggestions. Although very simple to follow if one wants to keep it simple, Islam is also a very rich religion with so much to learn and explore. One endowed with a yearn to learn more and develop an Islamic intellect is certainly encouraged to enrich his or her quest for such. That is alright as long as one does not overburden himself or herself, has an objective, and stays focused in his or her goal of life: that this wonderful life is a gift from Allah which is to be spent in the way that is pleasing to Him and that we are soon to return to Him to answer how we have spent it.

jamilah rumias

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Assalam alikom warahmatul Allah wabarakatu,
May Allah firm her heart in Islam,Mabrook
You teach her the right way, alhamd Allah may Allah increase your knowledge.The important is she know the proper way of Sallah,and proper way of wud'u,and know the Al Fatiha and Muawadat.Because if she have the proper Sallah she will start to learn by her self ,and give her books about Tawhid ,This is very important.I'm happy to hear a new revert in Islam because they are very lucky to be in Islam.Encourage her to seek knowledge,even through reading.May Allah protect you both and Allah Yahfidkom.Wa Jazakumul Allah Khairan.:tti_sister:

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam,

Brother mhamzah, jazakAllah khair for your suggestions! I think I have a better understanding now on where to start. I had been confused on where to start because there is wudu'.. and then I realised she has to memorise dua during wudu'. And she wants to learn how to salaah but doesn't know what to say etc. I guess we need to start slowly...

Sister Jamilah, JazakAllah khair for your suggestions too! :) I will keep that in mind insyaAllah..

May Allah reward the both of you for helping out this sister!!

Asha

shichemlydia

help..

salam alikoum,
may allah keep this lady on the straight path and enable you to help her in her journey. i guess the best way to start is to let her know and be convinced with the belief system in islam, ( the oness of god, the prophets , the reality of jesus, the angels, the last day......). this is very important, this is AQUIDA. ten tell her about the practices in islam, salat, fast, ppaying charity to the poors....
then get with heer in the details, how to pray, how to do woudoue, the rules of fasting the month of ramladan,...
wa salam alikoum

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam Shichemlydia,

JazakAllah khair for the advice!! We will try to do all of those things. All of these seem basic to other Muslims but I guess when you are trying to help someone who is new to Islam, you just don't know where to begin since there are so many things to cover!

:)

Asha

ahmed3711

my sister there is a good site show's u how to pray from a to z with animation and sound it will help u alot inshalla

it's a very good beginner guide for islamic prayer

the link is :

http://www.howdoipray.com

press on every prayer to let the animation start the prayer and moving