Need answer

dian

Assalamualaikum,
Brothers and sisters, I have a friend that commited big sins, and she is very desperate now. She regrets it but she asked me if she had to be thrown by stone till death. I said it's imposibble because we live in a country that doesn't use Islamic law. She commited zina, she has a husband but her husband lived in another city. (I don't mean to expose my friend's sin but I don't know how to explain it). If shariah law can't be done, what does she have to do? if she repents, asks Allah forgiveness, is that enough? and what are the signs that Allah forgives her sins?
Please help. Because she is so desperate.
Jazakallah khair.
Wassalam.

a_stranger

The one who is faced with any such thing should hasten to repent to Allaah and do a lot of good deeds, in the hope that Allaah will forgive him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who invoke not any other ilaah (god) along with Allaah, nor kill such person as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse ___ and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Furqaan 25:68-70]

“And verily, I am indeed forgiving to him who repents, believes (in My Oneness, and associates none in worship with Me) and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them (till his death)”

[Ta-Ha 20:82]

She should not tell anyone about that, The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Avoid these filthy things that Allaah has forbidden. Whoever has done any of them, let him conceal himself with the concealment of Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted.” Narrated by al-Bayhaqi and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, no. 663.

She should repent sincerily and ask Allah sobhanahu wa taala for forgivenees , read Quran with open heart .May Allah accept her repentance and guide us all to his way.

dian

Jazakallah brother,
I am not good at this. But I will show your reply to her. i hope she will feeling better. But does she have to do 'shalat sunnah taubah' to repent? or just regret it and pray Allah to forgive her?

shichemlydia

salam alikoum,
may allah forgive what yor friend has done.
i have come through almost the same case. and the answer was like this your friend must repent and it will be for allah swt if he wills , he will forgive her and if he does not , he will punish her.
and allah knows the best.
may allah swt keep the daughters and their wives far away from these deals, ameen
wa salam alikoum

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Jazakallah brother,
I am not good at this. But I will show your reply to her. i hope she will feeling better. But does she have to do 'shalat sunnah taubah' to repent? or just regret it and pray Allah to forgive her?

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Performing solat taubat nasuha is an act of sincere repentance to Allaah subhanahu wa taala. As you stated above, she has to regret it sincerely of the major sin and pray to Allaah to forgive her.

The conditon of doing solat sunat taubat also falls under three:

1) To regret sincerely of the wrongdoings that one's has done
2) To hate to do the same action again
3) Promise to herself that she will never do it again

Tell your friend to:

1) Let her repentance be truly from her heart, and stay away from all sources of temptations. Also, perform many good deeds, as good deeds abrogate the bad ones.

and that

2) A believer has high hope and aspiration for the best from Allaah. He not only asks Allah for making his punishment easy in hellfire, but he also prays to God the Almighty to save him from Hell and award him with paradise for his repentance and good deeds.

For now, I think its best and a must for her to cut all ties and contacts with the man. Tell her to recorrect her intention and focus on her marriage life. If possible, maybe she should live with her husband for thats better than her staying alone and faraway for her husband. That way, she can fulfill her duties to her husband and refrain herself from being in touch with non-mahrams.

Tell her to repent sincerely from Allaah and hope that Allaah The Oft-Forgiving will forgive her. But she must strive herself to be better and chaste. Apart from that, tell her that someday she would want to give birth to soleh and solehah children therefore she should try her best to be a solehah wife first.

May Allaah forgive her and bring her back to the right pathway. Ameen

Waalaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

a_stranger

Jazakallah brother,

Dear sister I think it is avery good idea if she make woduu and pray two rikaa and ask Allah sobhanahu wa taala for forgiveness (may Allah forgive us all)

dian

Jazakumullah khair brothers and sisters,
I will tell my friend all your replies and you all are very helpfull. I hope Allah make it easy for her and keep us all from hell.
Ameen.