Need help to find one hadeeth

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Is here hadeeth what says that muslims are not allowed greet happy eastern or merry christmas to christians? Source?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:wasalam:

Thanks brother about links. In other forum I deleted post where one sister greeted Happy Easter to christians and wanted to know I did right.

:shymuslima1:

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

What I have a real problem is not allowing the names of false gods to pass over my lips. The days of the week, the months of the year, the planets, some herbs, etc are all named after pagan gods. Joshua 23:7 That ye come not among these nations, these that remain among you; neither make mention of the name of their gods, nor cause to swear by them, neither serve them, nor bow yourselves unto them.

Exo 23:13 And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.

There is even one tribe or nation that Allah says in to Bible we should remember no more no speak their name, but it is in the Bible which causes you to remember and speak; so that is really perplexing

[

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:wasalam:

Thanks brother about links. In other forum I deleted post where one sister greeted Happy Easter to christians and wanted to know I did right.

:shymuslima1:

Salaamalaykum sister,

Yes sister, we don't partake, encourage or support any of the celebrations of the People of the book or any other polytheists etc. Greeting someone on his festive occasion is a sign of respect or approval to their custom/celebrations or worship on that day.

Therefore, we don't initiate a greeting or reply to one on any of these 'celebrations'. If someone feels offended, then you can explain that we as Muslims only greet,observe and celebrate occasions that are legislated by Allah Almighty as days of celebration/festivities for us and not man made pagan celebrations.

May Allah subhaanahu waa ta'ala protect us from the works of Satan and his accomplices. Ameen

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

This sister called it as tolerance. :tti_sister: I make dua that she understands it wasn´t that but just sin.

Thanks to everyone replyed my request.