Need help!!!!

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free
Salaam brothers and sisters, my atheist friend has been posing me a question that I don't know the exact answer to. If anyone could answer it would be greatly appreciated.

he says: Why did God create satan when he knew satan would cause evil in the world? and why does God send people to hell for eternity for simply not believing in Him even if the person did good works on earth?

a_stranger

:salam2:

This life is a test for humans that is why Satan ( shaytan) is created , he only can whisper with evil , those who believe in their creator know the right and wrong they can choose their way to Janna inshaAllah ,
For the second question I think the answer is it is very evil to deny the one who created us , nourished us, gave us everything , gave us life with all it's bounties , then asked us to believe in him and remember him . If we turn our backs to our creator we are being very ungrateful , our hearts will turn black, this blackness lead to hell while the bright words La Ellah Ella Alalh lead to Janna, this is the law our creator , no body can change it.

rahman2040

brother satan was an angel(some say jinns) before Allah created Humans. when Allah created Adam(phum) and ordered the angels to bow down to Adam[pbuh] satan rejected and said i have created from fire and Adam from clay(ceramic), so am superior than him. This is the reason he was cursed from there. And he has promised to astray humans from gods way so he was also sent to this world.
This article will help you

Secondly, humans are superior than other in this world, they have been gifted brains to think and decide. Then also if the diint recognise their creator his creator has desitions to make. where several places in Quran Allah[sws] has said to humans to ponder on quran for signs. Today many scientists too are accepting Islam. As out of 6000 Ayats more than 1000 Ayats speaks of science in quran. where 80% of them are accurate.

[yt]E2s14T6x5AM[/yt]
[yt]fJiPTCtAPAY[/yt]

also check this and remember to delete space in between of x some issue with x x x in TTI
How To Deal with Atheists by Dr.Zakir Naik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL7 x x XAu5Wo

Allah knows best

Ershad

brother satan was an angel(some say jinns) before Allah created Humans. when Allah created Adam(phum) and ordered the angels to bow down to Adam[pbuh] satan rejected and said i have created from fire and Adam from clay(ceramic), so am superior than him. This is the reason he was cursed from there. And he has promised to astray humans from gods way so he was also sent to this world.
This article will help you

Secondly, humans are superior than other in this world, they have been gifted brains to think and decide. Then also if the diint recognise their creator his creator has desitions to make. where several places in Quran Allah[sws] has said to humans to ponder on quran for signs. Today many scientists too are accepting Islam. As out of 6000 Ayats more than 1000 Ayats speaks of science in quran. where 80% of them are accurate.

[yt]E2s14T6x5AM[/yt]
[yt]fJiPTCtAPAY[/yt]

also check this and remember to delete space in between of x some issue with x x x in TTI
How To Deal with Atheists by Dr.Zakir Naik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL7 x x XAu5Wo

Allah knows best

Dear Brother,

Please check the source before you post it. The first link you posted promotes Shi'a ideology and we all know about their deviance. Before you read an article in a website. Check the "About" page of the website which will tell you the source of the content of the website. Thanks for the other videos you posted.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Two related questions and answers in islamqa that should give you a deep understanding of the matter, inshaAllaah.

I have a question which I hope you will answer, may Allaah reward you with good.
If Allaah knows the unseen, and He knows what people will do, and He knows who will go to Hell or to Paradise – because the knowledge of Allaah precedes all things – then why did He create us? Why did Allaah send Iblees down to earth with Adam and Hawwa’, when He knew that repentance would not benefit him and He had already decreed that he will go to Hell?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Knowledge of the purpose for which Allaah created mankind may answer many questions that the atheists raise in order to confuse people, and by which some Muslims may be influenced. These issues include the idea that Allaah created mankind in order to put some of them in Paradise and the others in Hell! This is a mistaken notion. It is not for this purpose that Allaah created mankind and brought them into being.

The brother who asked this question – and whoever wants to know the truth – should realize that the purpose behind the creation of man and the creation of heaven and earth, is that Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, may be known and that His Oneness (Tawheed) may be affirmed and that He may be obeyed.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)” [al-Dhaariyaat 51:56].

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
i.e., I have only created them so that I might command them to worship Me, not because I am in need of them.

‘Ali ibn Abi Talhah said, narrating from Ibn ‘Abbaas: “except that they should worship Me (Alone)” means: except that they should affirm their servitude to Me, willingly or unwillingly. This was the view favoured by Ibn Jareer.
Tafseer Ibn Katheer (4/239).

Many people are confused about what is wanted from the slaves of Allaah, which is adhering to His religion which He has chosen for them, and what is wanted for them, which is rewarding the obedient and punishing the disobedient. This is part of Allaah’s decree which will never be altered or changed.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
As for the truth which is the purpose for which He created them – i.e., the heavens and the earth and everything in between them – it is a twofold aim: what is wanted from His slaves and what is wanted for them. What He wants from them: is that they should know Allaah and the attributes of His perfection, may He be glorified and exalted, and they should worship Him alone and not associate anything with Him, so He alone will be their God, the One Whom they worship and obey and love. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is Allaah Who has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof (i.e. seven). His Command descends between them (heavens and earth), that you may know that Allaah has power over all things, and that Allaah surrounds all things in (His) Knowledge” [al-Talaaq 65:12].

He told us that he created the universe so that His slaves might know the perfection of His power, the all-encompassing nature of His knowledge, which requires knowing Him and His names and attributes, and affirming His oneness.
“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)” [al-Dhaariyaat 51:56].

This purpose is what is wanted from His slaves, which is that they should know their Lord and worship Him alone. As for what is wanted for them, it is recompense on the basis of justice and divine grace, reward and punishment.

“And to Allaah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, that He may requite those who do evil with that which they have done (i.e. punish them in Hell), and reward those who do good, with what is best (i.e. Paradise)” [al-Najm 5 :31]

“Verily, the Hour is coming __ and I am almost hiding it __that every person may be rewarded for that which he strives” [Ta-Ha 20:15]

“In order that He may make manifest to them the truth of that wherein they differ, and that those who disbelieved (in Resurrection, and in the Oneness of Allaah) may know that they were liars” [al-Nahl 16:39]

“Surely, your Lord is Allaah Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and then rose over (Istawâ) the Throne (really in a manner that suits His Majesty), disposing the affair of all things. No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His Leave. That is Allaah, your Lord; so worship Him (Alone). Then, will you not remember? 4. To Him is the return of all of you. The Promise of Allaah is true. It is He Who begins the creation and then will repeat it, that He may reward with justice those who believed and did deeds of righteousness. But those who disbelieved will have a drink of boiling fluids and painful torment because they used to disbelieve” [Yoonus 10:3, 4].
Badaa’i’ al-Fawaa’id (4/971).

Secondly:

Allaah does not admit people to Paradise or Hell simply because He knows that they deserve that, rather He will admit them to Paradise or Hell on the basis of the deeds that they actually did in this world. If Allaah created mankind and put them in His Hell, they would soon argue that He did not test them or give them the chance to strive. Allaah wanted to refute this argument, so He created them in this world and gave them reason, and revealed His Books, and sent His Messengers; all of that is so that they will have no argument against Allaah on the Day of Resurrection.

“Messengers as bearers of good news as well as of warning in order that mankind should have no plea against Allaah after the (coming of) Messengers. And Allaah is Ever All Powerful, All Wise” [al-Nisa’ 4:165].

Shaykh Muhammad al-Ameen al-Shanqeeti (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
In this aayah it clearly states that it is essential to leave no excuse for anyone, by sending the Messengers who give glad tidings of Paradise to those who obey them and give warning of Hell to those who disobey them.
This excuse is completely ruled out here by the sending of the Messengers with glad tidings and warnings, as is stated at the end of Soorah Ta-Ha where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And if We had destroyed them with a torment before this (i.e. Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and the Qur’aan), they would surely, have said: ‘Our Lord! If only You had sent us a Messenger, we should certainly have followed Your Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), before we were humiliated and disgraced’” [Ta-Ha 20:134].

It is also referred to in Soorah al-Qasas where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And if (We had) not (sent you to the people of Makkah) __ in case a calamity should seize them for (the deeds) that their hands have sent forth, they would have said: ‘Our Lord! Why did You not send us a Messenger? We would then have followed Your Ayaat (Verses of the Qur’aan) and would have been among the believers’” [al-Qasas 28:47].

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“This is because your Lord would not destroy the (populations of) towns for their wrongdoing (i.e. associating others in worship along with Allaah) while their people were unaware (so the Messengers were sent)” [al-An’aam 6:131]

“O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) making (things) clear unto you, after a break in (the series of) Messengers, lest you say: ‘There came unto us no bringer of glad tidings and no warner.’ But now has come unto you a bringer of glad tidings and a warner” [al-Maa’idah 5:19]

“And this is a blessed Book (the Qur’aan) which We have sent down, so follow it and fear Allaah (i.e. do not disobey His Orders), that you may receive mercy (i.e. saved from the torment of Hell).
156. Lest you (pagan Arabs) should say: “The Book was sent down only to two sects before us (the Jews and the Christians), and for our part, we were in fact unaware of what they studied.”
157. Or lest you (pagan Arabs) should say: “If only the Book had been sent down to us, we would surely, have been better guided than they (Jews and Christians).” So now has come unto you a clear proof (the Qur’aan) from your Lord, and a guidance and a mercy” [al-An’aam 6:155-157] And there are other similar verses.

It is clear from these and other aayahs of the Qur’aan that Allaah does not punish anyone except after warning and leaving no excuse on the lips of the Messengers (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them). Allaah clearly states in many aayahs that he does not admit anyone to Hell except after leaving no excuse and warning on the lips of the Messengers, for example He says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Every time a group is cast therein, its keeper will ask: ‘Did no warner come to you?’
9. They will say: ‘Yes, indeed a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: “‘Allaah never sent down anything (of Revelation)”’” [al-Mulk 67:8]
It is well known that the words of Allaah “Every time a group is cast therein” includes all the groups who will be thrown into it.

Abu Hayyaan said in al-Bahr al-Muheet, commenting on the aayah under discussion: [The word] kullama (“every time”) indicates a general meaning encompassing every time throwing is done, so it includes all those who are thrown in.

Another example is the aayah in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups till when they reach it, the gates thereof will be opened (suddenly like a prison at the arrival of the prisoners). And its keepers will say: ‘Did not the Messengers come to you from yourselves, reciting to you the Verses of your Lord, and warning you of the Meeting of this Day of yours?’ They will say: ‘Yes,’ but the Word of torment has been justified against the disbelievers!” [al-Zumar 39:71].

The words “And those who disbelieved will be driven” are general in meaning and include all the kuffaar.

The words “And those who disbelieved will be driven… They will say: ‘Yes…’ ” are general in meaning and include all the kuffaar. This clearly shows that the all the people of Hell will have been warned by their Messengers in this world, but they disobeyed the command of their Lord, as is clear. Adwa’ al-Bayaan (3/66, 67)

We believe that knowing the purpose for which Allaah created mankind, and knowing that Allaah will not punish anyone according to what He knows about them, rather it will be recompense for his deeds in this world, and therefore he will not have any excuse before Allaah – this is the answer to the confusion mentioned in the question.

With regard to the question of why Iblees was sent down to earth with Adam and his progeny, the difference between Adam’s coming down and that of Iblees is that when Adam (peace be upon him) was sent down to earth he had repented to Allaah, so Allaah accepted his repentance and guided him, and sent him down to this earth as an honoured Prophet who had been forgiven, and he was to remain in this world until the appointed time that Allaah has decreed for him.

As for the enemy of Allaah Iblees, he did not repent at all or regret his sin, or turn back; he has no hope of repentance and never tried to repent. Rather he was stubborn and arrogant, and he overstepped the mark and disbelieved. But he asked Allaah not to hasten his doom and punishment, but rather to delay that until the Day of the appointed time. He did not ask for that so that he would have the opportunity to repent, rather it was so that he could persist in following the path of doom, and take the misguided people to Hell with him. He came down as a leader of his party, the losing party of the shaytaan, so that Allaah’s wisdom concerning His creation might be fulfilled, and so that He might test them: will they obey Him or will they obey His enemy?, and so that the ultimate doom will be the share of this accursed enemy, because of his stubbornness and evildoing, and he deserves to be a loser.
And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/123973/Why Prophet was tested

The other link: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/6297/shaytan

Irony it is, how many times, after I read the answers to a certain matter/question, it happened to be posted afterwards here in TTI. Perhaps Allaah wants us to have a deeper understanding of His Deen.

Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullah.

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum brother Matthew,

"Why did God create satan when he knew satan would cause evil in the world?".

The question itself is derogatory towards Allah Subhan Wa Ta'ala implying that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala do not know what He is doing. Everything has a plan.
As iblis was a jinn he was given free will unlike the angels. When he refused to prostrate to Adam (pbuh), he refused a direct order from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala therefore Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala could have destroyed iblis there and then.

Muhsin Khan
[Iblis (Satan)] said: "See? This one whom You have honoured above me, if You give me respite (keep me alive) to the Day of Resurrection, I will surely seize and mislead his offspring (by sending them astray) all but a few!"
17:62

"why does God send people to hell for eternity for simply not believing in Him even if the person did good works on earth?"

All beings were created to worship Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and it is ingrained into our soul but along the way people become arrogant and think to themselves that they do not need God. Then some people invent gods of their own design and divert people away from the One True God Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. Then we are sent messengers from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala to mend our ways and return to worship Him, if we refuse we can be destroyed because as the Creator it is His prerogative. He has set rules and regulations for us to live a life that is pleasing to Him. Knowing these laws and refusing is a great sin because we are knowingly turning away in arrogance, thinking we know better than our Creator. So the punishment for this is hell. Why did He create hell? Only Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala can answer that. My hunch is that He can because He is Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

A L L A H U A L U M

K-A-K

Salam!

This question puzzles me too. Not that why would God send iblees down... I mean, it was mandatory... He was a being with choice, and he made it. Adam PBUH made his choice too & thought better of it. AlhamduLillah. There are many jinns that probably are Muslims, and there are many sons of Adam that are not. Both have both the dynamics. Its just Choice.

Iblees is just a name, albeit of significant importance. Like us, I mean we could be anyone, just anyone, except we can make a choice of who we want to be in long run.

Choice remains with us. Satan or our nafs cannot force or infringe upon our sanity (unless we're possessed or something). Remember, how the Quran says that people will say WE were unjust towards ourselves/nafs. And Younas pbuh also said that He has committed zulm against himself. We lead ourselves astray.... We have to stop playing the blame game. It's ultimately us who do wrong things. Adam also said to God that He had been unfair to his nafs... (note no prophet said satan or so and so led me astray. they took the blame).

I mean Iblees isn't the sole reason of evil. Because, when he committed evil.. if there wasn't evil before him, how did he commit it? You can't say that God made Pure Evil. No He didn't. I personally believe that everything has good and bad aspects. Its our choice which one we choose. When God created choice, He gave it both: good and bad. And then left it to man. Surah Insan says that too... He has shown Man both the ways... its upto him whether he becomes grateful or not (good/evil).

Therefore, Jinn and Insaan were made for this world. Its a preparation ground. We're all human beings/jinns in making. HE tests us and gives us. His Mercy however is greater than everything. How could He test us and make us learn What life really is, if He did not give us choice, intellect, etc? He even went to the Mercy of giving us heavy doses of Conscience that consistently prick us.. paired with His Books & Messengers... He chose not to force Himself upon His creation (which He very well can). So if those who can be rude and arrogant enough to do away what He prefers for us, then it's their choice. He is telling them not to take the wrong path. He wants them to learn and experience life (therefore we'll make mistakes, and face hardships) BUT He says that we'll surely meet Him and His Pleasure. He's been patient enough, so we should bear with life too. Choice is ours!

Another thing that atheists question: Why didn't God just toss us into heaven and not give us free will at all. Just make us submissive and end of the story...

Its an important question because if He had done that, that would mean that He isn't Merciful and Forgiving and the Guide of all. If He has given a choice, it implies His flexibility and His patience. He isn't scared of anyone, AuzuBillah. He has nothing to lose at all. If we get Heaven inshAllah, we gain something. If we get Hell AuzuBillah, we lose. Loss and Gain is for us, He still remains Who He Is.

Secondly, He likes to Love and be Merciful. Who will He Love in the real sense? Love is a choice. You can't force yourself to love someone. So Love is a choice too. He could've made us Love Him in a default way, but He didn't.. He is Wise... He has angels, animals, and whatever creations that exist otherwise, but real flow of love is when both parties make a choice. He allows people respite and let them choose. If you want to do sins, and hate Him, then go ahead; it also adds hatred with God too (I read this ayah in the Quran yesterday... now I can make some sense of it AlhamduLillah).

We have to weigh how much He loves us. He isn't impatient... He knows we'll mess up and He knows that somehow we'll return because creation does not know what true love is. Love can only be known by Love... Therefore, He forbears. Really because He is Merciful and wants His creations to have the best of both the worlds... But if the creation is bent on disobedience, despite having the intellect and patience to avoid it, what has He to do with it? Its just one true repentence... that's all. But we do get arrogant... then why would He help us?

So tell your friend, to revise the definition of good and evil. Its upto us to explore the good and evil of each thing. If our choice is ultimately of evil, then who is to be blamed? Our minds, and intellect. They can go to the extent of landing on Moon, Mars, and where not. All they can't do is understand good and evil,& make their lives better. The simplest things are always the hardest!

K-A-K

Another important thing:

This world plays an important role in the evolution of our whole existence. From nothing we became water and sand, and from that we gradually became homo sapiens. Now, to become Human Beings, we need to face LIFE. It's hard but we have to do it.

God says that in Jannah, He'll remove the grief of people so they can enjoy Eternal Bliss. That necessitates the importance of grief. If He had made us for Bliss Alone, how would we have valued it? It would've been a default state.

Similarly, if He had made us in Grief, how would we have known what grief literally is?

This world is here to test us. Who becomes of the grateful or ungrateful? Righteous or non-righteous? Intelligent or Dumb? Because at the end of the day its just people with true insight that will inshAllah by His Mercy attain peace.

The first stage for us was when we were in the other land where He talked to us, in whatever way He liked.

The next stage is this one.

And probably the last will be the Resurrection one. Where everything will be brought into account. What we did for Him and for His Creations. Because He is Just.

Life will then depend upon whatever life we lived here.

Choice remains ours. Whether we lead a good life or not.

-Wasalam.

Tomtom

Banned
Muhsin Khan
Verily! We have made that which is on earth as an adornment for it, in order that We may test them (mankind) as to which of them are best in deeds. [i.e.those who do good deeds in the most perfect manner, that means to do them (deeds) totally for Allah's sake and in accordance to the legal ways of the Prophet SAW ].