need some help

108EEDMAH

:salam2:

ok so im talking to a non muslim and i need some help with responding to his reply.

Muslims must kill non-believers wherever they are unless they convert to Islam." - Ali Gom'a (grand mufti of Egypt, the highest Muslim religious authority in the world, Al Ahram, April 7, 2008) source: http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/8066

"Slavery is part of jihad, and jihad will remain as long there is Islam." - Sheik Saleh Al-Fawzan (member of the Senior Council of Clerics, Saudi Arabia's highest religious body)

"O you who believe! Take neither Jews nor Christians as friends... whoever among you turns to them is one of them." - Koran (5:51)

"As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah, for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in power." - Koran (5:38)

"I have been made victorious with terror." - Muhammad (according to Bukhari: 4.52.220)

"Allah's Apostle [Muhammad] said: 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'" - (Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57)

The Prophet said, "burn all those who had not left their houses for the prayer, burning them alive inside their homes." - Bukhari V1.B11.N626

the first couple i dont really care about becz their not from Quran or hadiths but the others i cant really find anything i did get a couple tho. i started the messag like this but i still didnt send it to him

"O you who believe! Take neither Jews nor Christians as friends... whoever among you turns to them is one of them." - Koran (5:51)

answer: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Islam-947/Holy-Koran-5-51.htm

"As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah, for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in power." - Koran (5:38)

i couldnt find the hadith, but my dad taught me that the hand can be many things like a finger, two fingers, the whole arm. but when the person steals becz they have no money than they dont lose a hand. we as humans dont understand all of the Quran so we look to the person who knows it better than anyone The Prophet. and he explains this verse. Also, i think you would agree that if the punishment was severe the thief would think twice about stealing. Is it worth it? like if i get caught there gunna cut my hand. some videos that i saw of little kids getting their hand cut is disgusting. a kid doesnt have to start praying till hes like 13. how can they justify their actions i dont no.

plz help me
thank you

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am confused. What is/are the question/s that need to be addressed. We have many many knowledgeable members who will assist.

108EEDMAH

the quotations he used. especially the ones from the Bukhari. are they true? i dont have the bukhari.

"I have been made victorious with terror." - Muhammad (according to Bukhari: 4.52.220)

The Prophet said, "burn all those who had not left their houses for the prayer, burning them alive inside their homes." - Bukhari V1.B11.N626

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam: brother,

1. yes you are right......the scholars can be wrong and to say that kill non-muslims if they dont convert is against Islam. Islam does not allow force conversion.

2. jihad will always remain. but jihad does not mean killing people like madmen. there are certain rules. jihad means to safeguard Islam and muslims, to bring peace and security in society.

3. not taking jews and christians as friends means not prefering them over Islam and muslims and making them intimate friends. to keep good relations with them is allowed.

4. Islamic punishments are for the benefit of society. it brings security and peace. you can walk fearlessly. look at the present condition bro!! also your father is right, there are certain conditions. the person is sane and mature. and minimum amount stolen is worth 4.374 grams of gold. also he is not under compulsion. if govt. cut hands of children, we cant blame Islam.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
the quotations he used. especially the ones from the Bukhari. are they true? i dont have the bukhari.

:salam2:,

1. when prophet :saw: said that he was made victorious with terror, this terror did not mean killing and raping non-muslims. it meant the fear of muslims which Allah planted in the hearts of disbelievers. their morale was defeated.

2. Prophet added, "Certainly I decided to order the call-maker to pronounce Iqama and order a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses."

he did not decided or allowed to burn the muslims in their homes. ever in Islamic history such thing happened. this was meant to tell the importance to pray in mosques.

3. apostates are killed in Islam. it is to prevent disorder they can create. otherwise, the enemies of Islam will accept Islam and leave it to confuse muslims of weak faith. if a person saw the guidance and still left it for misguidance, then whats the use of his living?

3. sahih bukhari online; http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/

hope its clear now. if u have other questions, pls dont hesitate. :)

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!

Terror means having a great fear. As brother Ahmed explained, it is not killing the innocent, women and children. Ofcourse beloved Mohammad (sallaahu 'alayhi wasalaam) is on true path and the opponents were upon falsehood. The terror that Allah casts upon their hearts is because of this falsehood.

"Allah's Apostle [Muhammad] said: 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'" - (Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57)

Ask that person what is the punishment for treachery in his country... what will his govenment do if someone who sells sensitive military information to the country's enemy? Surely it will be captial punishment. If such a lowly world matter is being punished with such punishment, we are talking about an eternal life and the true path of Allah here.

Give him examples of jews who, in purpose, convert to islaam in the morning and return back to kuffr in the evening.. without accepting the truth. What image would it create upon Al-Islaam???? (do you get what i am trying to say??)

(these are from the lectures of Kamal el mekki's lecture (How to give shahadah in 5 minutes)

and if you do a little bit of homework, there is also a verse in Bible which says kill the apostates, that you can show it to him.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
here is what Bible says about apostasy

".... neither shall thine eye pity him (the apostate), neither shalt thou spare him, neither shalt thou conceal him
But thou shalt SURELY KILL HIM; thine hand shall be first upon him TO PUT HIM to death"
Deutronomy 13:8,9

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!

I dont have any explanation myself. but this is what i heard from kamal el-mekki.. (in my words...)

no doubt it is from Allah subhana wa ta 'ala who comprehends everything with his knowledge. so if He ordains that then that is the Just way to punish the thieves.

and why do we have to be ashamed of something that is from Allah and is perfect when put to practice. Dont tell him that we only cut fingers or something like that. Be firm and tell him this is the law which prevents stealing.

In Islaam one has to fear Allah thus abstaining from evil acts. What if we have a muslim whose imaan is weak? If he doesnt fear Allah then what would keep him from stealing others property??? For sure, it would be the fear to lose his hand. As you said, when punishment is severe, the crime will be reduced, in sha Allah.

the following i dont know myself, but i heard it in the lecture..

give him the example of Gold market in Jeddah (or riyadh.. may be.. :-?).. where they just cover the Gold with a black cloth and leave the shops open and go to prayer..

what gave them the sense of security in their hearts without sophisticated security arrangements??? isnt it the fear of punishment that is inside the common man???

hope this helps, in sha Allah.

Allahu 'aalam.

108EEDMAH

i love islam

thank you brothers and sisters and pray that this man converts. all he sees is the bad that muslims do. its not fair. ppl should jugde islam by the Quran and the Sunna and not by the ppl who follow it.

i love how people waste so much time trying to prove islam is wrong and not take the time to see how perfect it is
thank you again

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Assalam Aleikum,

Masha'Allah, and jazaka'Allah Kheiran for the answers. Where is brother Ayman, who masha'Allah who always has good answers?