Never heard of this before!

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

You bring an interesting perspective. Over here people are more direct. And women are direct with their husbands. If you have an issue you discuss it with your husband in private. Besides if your husband is cheating on you..there is nothing anyone can do. If you forgive him, good. 65% of spouses forgive cheating. If you can not forgive him..divorce him.
A lady would never never accuse her husband of anything of this nature at a social event. This was not a pity party. You do not draw in innocent people into private affairs.

It is the wrong venue. Why introduce doubt on a festive occasion. There are times and places.

Eid comes around once a year.

Wa alaikome salam

You know sister your post really got me thinking! This is exactly my problem!!!! You see I am born and raised in the West so of course my attitude and actions reflect as such! That means just as you posted I am direct and believe that all people should be direct in their dealings with others. How naive am I???? The rest of the world doesnt work according to my standards and who am I to even assume they should????

Very interesting indeed. I was also very gently reminded in PM that by my posting this thread in the way that I have this could also be considered backbiting to the sister who mentioned her business with family! I took her business outside of the family by posting this and even though her name is not revealed it is still backbiting and wrong. What I should have done is made her case a general "what if someone did this" type of question. In that way I would achieve my goal of getting an answer to my question without having revealed her sin.

Jazakallah khairan to the person who PMed me to make me see my error. As sister Aapa put it here in her post I am from the West and therefore very direct. I meant no harm to the sister and may Allah forgive me. Please remember brothers and sisters that I am still relatively new to Islam and that makes me a work in progress! Please forgive me when I make these type of mistakes and I will do my best not to repeat them in the future inshallah.

wa salam

Isra

aka Tree2008
I have never come across such information. All that is prescribed for such a crime is death by stoning. There's hadith on that staying so that every part of your flesh tasted pleasure in the haramw and so shall it receive pain as well. This is to cleanse the person of the sin, otherwise the punishment in the Hereafter is far far severe.

As for the hadith posted here, that refers to those wronging others and the justice we will get from those who wrong us. Nothing more...

Jazakallah khairan brother. I thought the same as you posted here which is why I asked because I had never heard of what she suggested. I wanted to be sure that I wasnt missing something.

I read that the penalty for adultery is stoning to death as well. I also feel the hadith posted in this thread doesnt apply to adultery as it is a very serious offence in Islam.

wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I do not think it was a matter of backbiting. You had a question that was specific as to the hereafter.

( we both learned something; I am Popeye the sailor man, that's who I am..)

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

I do not think it was a matter of backbiting. You had a question that was specific as to the hereafter.

( we both learned something; I am Popeye the sailor man, that's who I am..)

Wa alaikome salam

Jazakallah khairan sis you made me feel much better and put a huge smile on my face. :lol:

:hearts:

Isra

aka Tree2008
my sister if you are truly practicing Muslim must obey your kneading-trough of course it is the right path of God

As salamo alaikome

Brother even though I am currently living in Morocco I am an American so you can post to me using English language exclusively as I dont speak any other language.

I think you must be using Google Translate to make your posts because Im not exactly sure what a "kneading-trough" is and why I must obey it so I am assuming that you mean to obey my husband which I do. The person I posted about isnt me.

wa salam

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Wa alaikome salam

Very interesting indeed. I was also very gently reminded in PM that by my posting this thread in the way that I have this could also be considered backbiting to the sister who mentioned her business with family! I took her business outside of the family by posting this and even though her name is not revealed it is still backbiting and wrong. What I should have done is made her case a general "what if someone did this" type of question. In that way I would achieve my goal of getting an answer to my question without having revealed her sin.

wa salam

I wouldn't call it backbiting unless you have family members here who may recognize the person you are talking about. Besides, you are asking regarding what was and not bad mouthing anyone. Some people get too hung up on everything as either halal or haram.

Isra

aka Tree2008
I wouldn't call it backbiting unless you have family members here who may recognize the person you are talking about. Besides, you are asking regarding what was and not bad mouthing anyone. Some people get too hung up on everything as either halal or haram.

Jazakallah khairan brother and I doubt very much any of the people in my post visit this website because they dont speak english or if they are on this website it would be in the arabic section Im sure.

I still could have said something more general rather than exactly what happened. I mean it still would have accomplished the same result so I didnt need to be so direct and I will do my best to remember that for future posts inshallah.

wa salam

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
hey sister!!!you should start learning arabic language.how can you stay among your husband's relatives without knowing a word????when I went to Morocco for the first time,I wanted to know any word and any speech my fiancè had with his relatives,just to create by myself a relation with my future relatives,and now I can say that I learnt arabic better than the arabs themselves!!!!!!!:)

Isra

aka Tree2008
hey sister!!!you should start learning arabic language.how can you stay among your husband's relatives without knowing a word????when I went to Morocco for the first time,I wanted to know any word and any speech my fiancè had with his relatives,just to create by myself a relation with my future relatives,and now I can say that I learnt arabic better than the arabs themselves!!!!!!!:)

wa alaikome salam

Sister my husband and his family dont speak Arabic. They are Berber so mainly they speak Berber (which I have picked up some words but it is a very difficult language to learn). Anyway my problem is that I am pretty much ONLY around him and his family and they mix the Arabic and Berber so maybe you know or not but if a person is learning a language and its mixed like that it is even more difficult..........or maybe Im just a big dummy and cant get it!!! Whatever it is I just dont get it! :shymuslima1: He speaks to me in English and his family speak to me in sign language that we made up :lol: so we communicate somewhat. I suppose language comes more easily to some than to others. As for me.........I learned how to cook! :wink:

wa salam

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
wa alaikome salam

Sister my husband and his family dont speak Arabic. They are Berber so mainly they speak Berber (which I have picked up some words but it is a very difficult language to learn). Anyway my problem is that I am pretty much ONLY around him and his family and they mix the Arabic and Berber so maybe you know or not but if a person is learning a language and its mixed like that it is even more difficult..........or maybe Im just a big dummy and cant get it!!! Whatever it is I just dont get it! :shymuslima1: He speaks to me in English and his family speak to me in sign language that we made up :lol: so we communicate somewhat. I suppose language comes more easily to some than to others. As for me.........I learned how to cook! :wink:

wa salam

you're right sis!!!for me it has always been easy to learn languages,since my childhood I liked english lessons,but about Mathematic...I don't understand it and why did they invent it:SMILY346:.it's true,berber is very difficult,but if you'd start asking the meaning of the words,at least the most important.....but as you said,language comes more easily than to others:)

Isra

aka Tree2008
you're right sis!!!for me it has always been easy to learn languages,since my childhood I liked english lessons,but about Mathematic...I don't understand it and why did they invent it:SMILY346:.it's true,berber is very difficult,but if you'd start asking the meaning of the words,at least the most important.....but as you said,language comes more easily than to others:)

Wa alaikome salam

Jazakallah khairan sis for being so understanding and not thinking Im just dumb. I really have a hard time with the words because (I dont know how much of Berber you know about) they dont even have vowels!!!!!!!! How can you speak without vowels????? :lol:

I have picked up some words but not quite enough to have a conversation yet. My husbands family is so wonderful to me Alhamdulillah. They learn a few words in English and I learn a few words in Berber or Arabic and we all get along. When his mother or father say something in English we are all cracking up and the same when I say something in Berber. So anyway everyone is happy.

I guess Allah bestows certain talents on each of us and he gave me the ability to look at or taste a dish and I am able to duplicate it almost perfectly or pretty darn close. I suppose that is my talent! But dont feel bad sis because I got left out in the language AND the mathematics departments!!!! :lol:

wa salam