New to Islam

Sister Kalena

Assalaamu alaikum to all.

I am new to Islam and look forward to learning everything I can about my newly found path of faith. I have been agnostic for the past 30 years.

I am 50 years old, (but young at heart) married and live near Portland, Oregon (USA). I am the only Muslim in my family, as a matter of fact, I'm the only Muslim I know.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially from the sisters out there.

Thank you in advance.

SK

a_stranger

:salam2:sister

You are most welcome sister....AlhamduliAllah for his guidance ....the most impotant thing to start to is to learn how to pray....May Allah make everything easy for you sister.

arzafar

:salam2:

Mashallah! Allahuakbar!

welcome to teh forums sister. im sure one of the sisters will contact you and help you out.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum warahamtu-llahi wabarakatuhu
may peace mercy and blessings of Allah be with you

Allah guides whom He wills.

Ahlan wa sahlan wa ukhti
welcome sister to Islam,
may Allah guide you and help you to be in right path,alhamdu li Allah

inshaa'Allah, keep visiting here, you'll be benefited
JazakAllah khair

wassalam
peace

JenGiove

Hello sister and welcome!

While I'm not a Muslim, I'm around all the time and have a great "collection" of links and videos that have been given to me. I have no life, seeing as my 2 year old son broke his leg not too long ago.....so I'm always around, even if I'm hiding!...lol! Check out the "new member's" section of the forums. they are packed full of information you will need to know, both of Deen and of forum rules. I find it helpful to review that section often.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

Assalam-o-alikum,
Welcome to Islam and to TTI dear sister Kalena.

I have a list of these mosques in your area. Please call them and you will be meet many many good Muslims in your area. InshaAllah.

Muslim Educational Trust
10330 Southwest Scholls Ferry Road, Tigard - (503) 579-6621

Islamic Center of Portland
10323 SW 43rd Ave, Portland - (503) 293-6554

Masjid Ai Noor
7108 NE Glisan St, Portland - (503) 477-9724

If you call them now or in the morning and get directions then you may be able to attend and perform the Friday prayers which every Muslim must and it is only done in a gathering.

Congratulations again dear sister, and please ask anything you need to know. There are many people here to help you.
Wassalam.
:wasalam:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Alhamdulillah!

:bismillah:

[url=http://www.glitter-graphics.com] [/URL]

۞۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞
۞..´*• *•. .•*´ •* ´..* • •. *• ۞
۞. لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله.۞
۞.•..* ¸.• •.¸ `*.. •.* • • . * •۞
۞۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞

:allahuakbar:
:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

Welcome To TTI sister Kalena,
~May Allah swt bless you with speedy knowledge about Islam~Amin!

You are not alone sister,
Allah swt is always with you:ma:

:tti_sister:May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Ãmin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

capricorn

mashaALLAH SISTER.
may ALLAH show you the right way and keep u in his guidance. ill try ma best to help u as i can.:shake:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum sister Kalena,

Welcome to Islam and to this website, respected sister .. :SMILY206:

Hope to hear from you often..

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Assalam-o-alikum,
Welcome to Islam and to TTI dear sister Kalena.

I have a list of these mosques in your area. Please call them and you will be meet many many good Muslims in your area. InshaAllah.

Muslim Educational Trust
10330 Southwest Scholls Ferry Road, Tigard - (503) 579-6621

Islamic Center of Portland
10323 SW 43rd Ave, Portland - (503) 293-6554

Masjid Ai Noor
7108 NE Glisan St, Portland - (503) 477-9724

The bolded masjid (mosque) is known more commonly as Masjed As Sabr. It's homepage is here. :- http://www.assaber.com/assabercommunity.htm

Please don't mistake it with a Shia mosque that is also called 'Islamic Center of Portland'. Their address is 6940 SW Hall Boulevard, Beaverton, OR 97008.

Muslims following mainstream Islam are called as 'Sunni'. 'Shia' is another sect of Islam and have deviancy in believes and religious practices. Therefore, please avoid the Shia mosque at all costs.

Another deviant mosque (surprisingly present in Oregon) is the 'Qadiyani mosque' called 'Rizwan mosque'. Please stay away from it as well. This sect is considered to be out of the fold of Islam and they are non muslims (pretending to be muslim though).

As the sister recommended, masjed as saber is probably the best one on face value. Give them a ring InshaAllah. :)

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi