Niqab. Mandatory or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baraktuhu dear brother

Like sister Amina, I always thought I need to be in hijab, while reciting Quran .:shymuslima1:
The reason for that is that I think, I should be in proper dress while reciting Allahs Words, the same like when we pray salah. Or is better to be in hijab while reciting Quran? Can you please share with us authentic hadith which proofs this Inshallah???

May Allah reword you dear brother

:wasalam:

Walaykumsalaam waa rahmatullahi sister,

Do you have come across any proof from Quran or Sunnah for wearing hijab when reciting Quran ?

I hope you find your answer, dear sister.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Walaykumsalaam waa rahmatullahi sister,

Do you have come across any proof from Quran or Sunnah for wearing hijab when reciting Quran ?

I hope you find your answer, dear sister.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Wa allaicumu salam wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brother

I used to wear hijab always while reciting Quran, and taking wudhu too, because as I said, I thought I need to be in the most proper cloth while reciting Allahs Words. But I did not find any proof in Quran or Sunnah for that. I hope Inshallah some sister and brother will be able to find proofs from Quran and Sunnah.

May Allah bless you dear brother for your concern.

muharram23

Staff member
salam alikum wa rahmaru allah taala wa barakatuh,

Wearing the niqab is obligatory in islam and no one should deny this FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salamu alaykum

maybe to you sister it is obligation since u believe it is and that is good alhamdulillah. However, it is actually the majority view that it is not. Greatest of the muhadithoon this era, shaikh nasir adeen al-albani said it wasn't as well. And he is well aware of all the ahadith retaining to the dress code.

Allah knows best wassalam

muharram23

Staff member
Wa allaicumu salam wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brother

I used to wear hijab always while reciting Quran, and taking wudhu too, because as I said, I thought I need to be in the most proper cloth while reciting Allahs Words. But I did not find any proof in Quran or Sunnah for that. I hope Inshallah some sister and brother will be able to find proofs from Quran and Sunnah.

May Allah bless you dear brother for your concern.

Salamu alaykum

but there are no proofs in Quran and sunnah showing that u need to. It is only for salah as well going out of ur homes or be present of nonmahram.

Anyways I thing this thead has reached it's end and there needs not to be more discussion

barakallahu feekum

Allah knows best

Wassalam

Status
Not open for further replies.