No Tarawih for China Muslims

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

No Tarawih for China Muslims

Local governments issued orders to stop Uighur Muslims from performing their rituals during Ramadan on claims of preventing violence.

BEIJING — Muslims in China's far northwest region of Xinjiang are banned from performing Tarawih prayers, special nightly prayers performed during the holy fasting month of Ramadan, with men prevented from growing beards and women from covering their faces, in the latest restrictions on China's Muslim minority.
"We must timely warn and stop religious believers from organizing and planning large scale prayer groups and prevent any large crowd incidents that could harm social stability," said a notice on the Xinhe county website cited by Agence France-Presse (AFP) on Friday, September 5.

Orders were issued by local governments this week to stop Uighur Muslims from performing their rituals during the fasting month on claims of preventing violence.

The orders prohibit government officials, Communist Party members, teachers and students from observing the dawn-to-dusk fasting month.

"Any person caught forcing another to observe Ramadan would be punished," said a notice posted on Xinjiang's Zhaosu county website.

In some areas, Muslim men are banned from growing beards and women prevented from covering their faces with veils.

"For those that maintain beards and for the women who wear veils, we should take all effective measures to have them shave their beards and take off their veils," the Shaya government said, without elaborating on how this would be done.

The county government also stepped up patrols around mosques in the region.

"The handing out of religious propaganda in public places by any work unit or individual is banned," the Shaya government said.

"We must strictly prohibit the playing of any audio-visual tapes, loud speaker announcements and religious drum rituals that could disrupt the Ramadan festival."

Muslims worldwide began this week observing the holy fasting month of Ramadan, the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar.

During Ramadan, adult Muslims, save the sick and those traveling, abstain during daylight hours from food, drink, smoking and sex between dawn and sunset.

Muslims dedicate their time during the holy month to become closer to Allah through prayer, self-restraint and good deeds.

Draconian

The draconian Chinese religious restrictions on Uighur Muslims drew flak amid warnings of fuelling tension in the Muslim-populated region.

"We have heard of these types of measures on beards and veils, that Uighur party members and citizens who join the government are expected to distance themselves from overt cultural and religious expressions," said Phelim Kyne, a Hong Kong-based researcher for Human Rights Watch.

"But by putting them in black and white on government websites, they are showing that they have become much more concerned with the situation and are deepening the crackdown."

Dilxat Raxit, spokesman for the World Uighur Congress, warned that the restrictions would only increase tensions among Xinjiang's Muslim population.

"To publicly restrict Uighurs from observing the Ramadan fast is a serious act trampling on the religious faithful," the German-based Raxit said in a statement.

"At the same time this is only going to intensify the conflict (in Xinjiang)."

Uighur Muslims, a Turkish-speaking minority of eight million in northwest Xinjiang region, have long chafed under Chinese control.

Xinjiang has been autonomous since 1955, but continues to be the subject of security crackdowns.

Beijing views the region as an invaluable asset because of its crucial strategic location near Central Asia and its large oil and gas reserves.

Source IslamOnline.net & News Agencies

Khalil2u

China will be more difficult

Salaam Alaikum,
China is a communist country. Atheism is the majority. They are this way to all religions. This is not like when people of the book reject you. The government portrays itself as the # 1 power. So religion goes against these ideals. They attack monks, beat and arrest people with bibles and don't allow Muslims to wear hijab or pray on the earth that Allah SWT has given us. No different than Pharoah. I think China will be a tougher battle than with the west. A tougher battle than Palestine even. Americans are people of the book. Israelis are people of the book. China is a totally different ballgame. :tti_sister:I pray that Allah SWT protects and and sends his mercy to the Muslims of China.:tti_sister: I love the ummah all around the world for the sake of Allah SWT. It hurts me and makes me sad to hear these stories. :girl3: Khalil2u4ever.

Abel213

The only good thing about China is that they are obvious and blatant about their persecution of religion, whereas the West likes to hide it.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah

I agree China doesn't play hypocrit in its persecutions unlike west where the double standards are clearly visible. I remember earlier China demolished a Masjid for not supporting Olympics. It was in the same region of Xinjiang.

China demolishes mosque for not supporting Olympics
BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese authorities in the restive far western region of Xinjiang have demolished a mosque for refusing to put up signs in support of this August's Beijing Olympics, an exiled group said on Monday.

The mosque was in Kalpin county near Aksu city in Xinjiang's rugged southwest, the World Uyghur Congress said.
The spokesman's office of the Xinjiang government said it had no immediate comment, while telephone calls to the county government went answered.

"China is forcing mosques in East Turkistan to publicize the Beijing Olympics to get the Uighur people to support the Games (but) this has been resisted by the Uighurs," World Uyghur Congress spokesman Dilxat Raxit said in an emailed statement.

Beijing says al Qaeda is working with militants in Xinjiang to use terror to establish an independent state called East Turkistan.
Oil-rich Xinjiang is home to 8 million Turkic-speaking Uighurs, many of whom resent the growing economic and cultural influence of the Han Chinese.

Dilxat Raxit added that the mosque, which had been renovated in 1998, was accused of illegally renovating the structure, carrying out illegal religious activities and illegally storing copies of the Muslim holy book the Koran.

"All the Korans in the mosque have been seized by the government and dozens of people detained," he said. "The detained Uighurs have been tortured."

The Olympic torch relay passed through Xinjiang last week under tight security, with all but carefully vetted residents banned from watching on the streets and tight controls over foreign media covering the event.
(Reporting by Ben Blanchard; Editing by Nick Macfie)
Source

muslimah687

OMG!! this is sooo scary!
May Allah shower his mercy on all the muslims in China and give them the strenght to face any trouble that comes there way...ameen.

Salaam,

The communist Chinese are godless & heedless people. They're the same people who euthanize their elders and put them to sleep forever.

"Any person caught forcing another to observe Ramadan would be punished," said a notice posted on Xinjiang's Zhaosu county website.

How would you know if a Muslim is fasting? And Allah is Most Wise.

They don't tell you WHY they are trying to ban tarawih prayers, men to grow their beards, and women to cover, etc. The only reason is because Islam is about unity and having masses perform prayers together causes resistance to their "social stability" (a.k.a athiest movement).

May Allah help our Muslim brothers & sisters defeat the oppressors.

dewunmi

Nofeesah A
SUBHANALLAH
this is so shocking,i pray ALLAH (SWT)
relieve them from the pain they are going
through,please brother and sisters lets
keep praying 4 them for the sake of islam.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum wr wb

may Allah subhana wata'ala increase theri iman and make theri life easier for them amiin

wasalam

believer_15

Sister
OMG!!

May Allah protect the Muslims there, and keep them steadfast on their Iman, Allah will reward them for every second they spend being oppressed.
Let us keep praying for our brothers and sisters and hope they are relieved from this pain very soon.
Seriously, I had no idea that all this was going on in china.... i thought they were on peaceful terms with everyone....guess this proves me dead wrong.

believer_15

Sister
I found this Hadith on the site:

The Prophet, may peace be upon him, said:
"Beware of the oppressed one's prayer, for indeed there is no veil between it and Allaah."

I must say:
"Keep praying Muslims of china!!! Don't lose heart! :) Allah(S.W.T) is there for you!"

bahlulgadban

salam
I believe our politician need to do something officially
protesting through the diplomaic channel. we are not asking then to send messiles to china but let the chinese muslims know that they are alone
this is not to be overlooked

ed209

Well,im a new convert from China,i'll speak of this issue from my own opinion.
After reading this thread, i checked some official websites of local governments in Xinjiang. i find some "interesting" sentences as follows:

1. "For the safety of Ramadan and the National Day (i.e. 1st October)......Zhaosu county will ensure muslims to have a peaceful and joyful Ramadan." (i feel strange that why our joy and peace should be "ensured" by an unislamic government? Do they organize all activities of Ramadan for us? or do they pray and fast with us together?)

2. "it is strictly banned to keep fasting and join any religious activity for CPC (i.e. the Communist Party of China) members, officials and students." (Well,it's no problem for CPC and officials to be involved into Ramadan, coz generally speaking they're not muslims. But students r also banned to keep fasting. Here it didnt mention the definition of "students", elementary students, middle school students or college students? But only "students". And also strangely,if they find a student is fasting, how to "ban" him or her? Force this student to take food? Ridiculous. :lol:)

3."To eliminate the influences of Ramadan to the society with the greatest possiblity" (look, in the eyes of the gov, Ramadan is just like some social instable factor, so the "influences" of Ramadan must be minimized")

To be just, i dont think my country's gov is oppressing muslims cruelly. The CPC authority really gained some great achievements on protecting religions. But in the other hand, they dont want to understand us completely. they believe that we r a strange and backward superstitious clan (not only for Islam). They support us just for their own interests. They wont respect us, even have no will to know who we r. We r just a tool for them to control the country. I think this is just the attitude of the CPC towards us.

Anyway, let's pray for the freedom of our bros and sisters. We r the greatest Ummah in this world, and no one can conquer us. Who's the winner in history? Pharoah or Allah? Garan or Allah? the nation of Thamud or Allah? La Ghalib Illa Allah ! Let's just be strong and patient, bros and sisters, 4 Allah is our last and only Judge.

Abel213

Thanks ed209 for that very informative post, you can't find that kind of perspective anywhere.

Anyways, this video is very touching about Chinese Muslims(Uyghers). It's like an anime/manga comic with English translation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G88oi_424kQ

Also ed209 if you are Han Chinese, how do you feel about Hui Chinese?

ed209

Thanks ed209 for that very informative post, you can't find that kind of perspective anywhere.

Anyways, this video is very touching about Chinese Muslims(Uyghers). It's like an anime/manga comic with English translation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G88oi_424kQ

Also ed209 if you are Han Chinese, how do you feel about Hui Chinese?

hmm...as i mentioned im a new convert, so in fact i contacted little with those Hui Muslims(i mean Hui Muslims,not Hui Chinese,it means not every Hui is muslim). But i visited chinese islamic websites for many times, so i can tell u my own feelings. There r many faithful and kind guys among them, as well as great scholars,writters and martyrs in history and in current era. While at the same time i notice this nation is "secularized" rapidly,especially among young ppl. Well i cant tell more of what i know, coz it'll be too long. if u have interest, plz PM me.

norlilahrahmat

Last month that was in August there are about 30 Chinese Muslim Imam came to Malaysia, and 15 of them visited our Mesjid. Most of them are borned muslim not converted. Most of them can speak English and Arabic.

From their tazkirah ,eventhough The Muslim are Minority, they dont have any problem in practice Islam. The Imam are from Bijing, Yunan and other area which i cant remember.

They even invite the member of our mesjid to visit them at Bejing Mosque

wasalam

ed209

Last month that was in August there are about 30 Chinese Muslim Imam came to Malaysia, and 15 of them visited our Mesjid. Most of them are borned muslim not converted. Most of them can speak English and Arabic.

From their tazkirah ,eventhough The Muslim are Minority, they dont have any problem in practice Islam. The Imam are from Bijing, Yunan and other area which i cant remember.

They even invite the member of our mesjid to visit them at Bejing Mosque

wasalam

yeah,this is truth. While muslims in xinjiang r limited to practice is also truth. my Uyghur friend told me about it. Just as i mentioned, religion is only a tool for the gov. They favor us sometimes or limit us sometimes just for their own interests.