Ok, new guy and a few questions

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa alaikom.

Mental illness are not people's fault. You should read the story of a black women who used to get fits. She asked the prophet of Allaah to invoke Allaah for her and he told her if she's patient she's to get a massive reward for that i.e Jannah. She thought over her options and asked him to invoke Allaah for her to atleast not get uncovered when she's having an attack. He did that. If I find the exact narration (when I get time), I'll post it for you.

In Islam, those people are respected because of the reward awaiting for them in Akhira. It's really unreasonable to think it's the person's fault.

:salam2:

This one you're talking about, right:

`Ata' bin Abu Rabah reported: Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) asked him whether he would like that he should show him a woman who is from the people Jannah. When he replied that he certainly would, he said, "This black woman, who came to the Prophet (PBUH) and said, `I suffer from epilepsy and during fits my body is exposed, so make supplication to Allah for me.' He (PBUH) replied: 'If you wish you endure it patiently and you be rewarded with Jannah, or if you wish, I shall make supplication to Allah to cure you?' She said, 'I shall endure it.' Then she added: `But my body is exposed, so pray to Allah that it may not happen.' He (Prophet (PBUH)) then supplicated for her".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Helped you with your homework :). Alhamdulilla.

:wasalam:

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Hello everyone, I posted in the introductions that I will ask a bunch of questions...here is a few

I downloaded a program called Sahih bukhari ver. 1,1 It's an interesting read.
But what is it? It seems to be a guide to live by.

Also, I am a typical American GA male. I drink, I look at women and lust after them. I am married, and would not act on my impulse, but do stare and lust.
I enjoy BBQ {former BBQ competitor} So pork is involved. I cuss, get angry, make racial comments and not very fond of black people. Now...let me explain that I am NOT racist. I am a musician, have several black folks I talk with just about every day, have had my black friends in my home several times for cook-outs, football games ect...... BUt have had several bad run-ins with blacks in my life. My brother in-law was killed by one while doing his job {repo man} my cousin was killed in a drug deal gone bad. I have had a gun pulled on me from neighbors and had a few run-ins with them as they were dealing drugs from their house. So my GENERAL view of the "thug", ghetto trash isn't good.
That being said..how can I be a good muslim with so much turmoil in my life? How do you "re-program" your mind when this life is what I was brought up in and has been for many yrs.?

Assalaamu 'alaykum,

bro i private messaged you, see your inbox...

serena77

Wa alaikom.

Mental illness are not people's fault. You should read the story of a black women who used to get fits. She asked the prophet of Allaah to invoke Allaah for her and he told her if she's patient she's to get a massive reward for that i.e Jannah. She thought over her options and asked him to invoke Allaah for her to atleast not get uncovered when she's having an attack. He did that. If I find the exact narration (when I get time), I'll post it for you.

In Islam, those people are respected because of the reward awaiting for them in Akhira. It's really unreasonable to think it's the person's fault.

wasalaam and thank you

I did read the story that was posted.. i agree it is unreasonable to look at it that way... i even had a boss tell me that, and well... i had no choice, HR had a long chat w/ her, which i felt bad over she was my direct boss but what choice did i have.
but if an experience w/ christians would be as such you can see why i would be concerned that the same would be true in islam ... mental illness still has such a stigma anyway
serena

hana*

Does anyone else get a troll vibe from this guy? I dont think he is asking sincere questions, I think he is posting crazy stuff to make people mad.

I mean, who ADMITS to being a racist? Really.

I have lived in Georgia all my life and he is NOT TYPICAL.

thats how i felt too...Allahu a3lam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I do not get that feeling. He is just high energy and open. OK..buddy boy bring on the questions. ( sorry)

rahman2040

:salam2:

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 30 Surah Rome verses 19-27

19 It is He (Allah) Who brings out the living from the dead and brings out the dead from the living, and Who gives life to the earth after it is dead: and thus shall ye be brought out (from the dead).

20 Among His Signs is this that He created you from dust; and then behold ye are men scattered (far and wide)!

21 And among His Signs is this that He created for you mates from among yourselves that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts); verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.

22 And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colors: verily in that are Signs for those who know.

23 And among His Signs is the sleep that ye take by night and by day, and the quest that ye (make for livelihood) out of His Bounty: verily in that are Signs for those who hearken.

24 And among His Signs He shows you the lightning by way both of fear and of hope, and He sends down rain from the sky and with it gives life to the earth after it is dead: verily in that are Signs for those who are wise.

25 And among His Signs is this that heaven and earth stand by His Command: then when He calls you by a single call from the earth behold ye (straightway) come forth.

26 To Him belongs every being that is in the heavens and on earth: all are devoutly obedient to Him.

27 It is He Who begins (the process of) creation; then repeats it; and for Him it is most easy. To Him belongs the loftiest similitude (We can think of) in the heavens and the earth: for He is Exalted in Might, Full of Wisdom.

Allah knows best.
May Allah guide us

mward00

Sorry, haven't had a chance to get back online. I can assure you I am not trolling. Just very eager to learn, have millions of questions but don't know what to ask. I am reading the english translated Qur'an right now. I am at Al-Anfal (SPOILS OF WAR, BOOTY) right now.
I will sit down this week, and write out my questions. As far as my racist comment, seem's to struck a nerve with a few. It's not my intention and I apologize if it did. Again, I don't consider myself racist, but have an issue with what I call the ghetto/thug mentality, and to show you folks where I am mentally, and as a lost soul.

lovefordeen

assalaamu alaikum(peace be with you)

Masha'Allah you are learning Qur'an...glad to hear that...

plz don't worry...we may have misunderstood you...plz dont let it affect your search for the truth...

May Allah guide you to the only religion accepted by Him,that is,islam...

asslaamu alaikum

aisha16

"Ghetto-thug mentality" does not define all black people. You should've refrased your words and said "I don't like ghetto/thug,etc."....We all have our stereotypes and wrong-thinking....I'm not too shocked by your words though..I've heard much worse...and also have heard on this particularly a former KKK member turning to Islam and if you know about the EDL in Britain (kind of the equivalent of the tea party but a little more extremem) well anyways have heard of some of there members becoming Muslim...once you embrace Islam all your prejudice should end hopefully...we are humans living in the same world...made of skin and bones..skin color does not mean a thing..it's all about character and piety and that's what Islam teaches...and as far as lusting after women and looking at them even if you are married it is not abnormal you are not the only man to have confessed this. Lower your gaze and think that woman is someone's daughter, or wife, or aunt...regardless of how promiscuous or skimpy she may be dressed...would you want some man looking at your daughter? And alcohol/poor is something that has it harms and maybe even benefits...but it is prohibited and that's that...

Anyways hope you learn a lot on this website...we're not here to judge..at least you are being truthful and that counts for something..peace

mward00

Sorry for my long delay, Computer has been down. I am still reading the Quran, about 1/2 through it. I am fascinated by what I read, but also lost...lol I really need to find a class in my area to get a better understanding of what I am reaing. :)

So, here is another question....Jesus. My personal belief if that he was a man, a messenger as well. But I also believe he was killed by the Romans. OR, this is a theory, far fetched, but still a thought. Maybe He didn't die. Maybe he was wounded enough to look dead or a coma, placed in the tomb. Awoke and stumbled out, thus reveling himself to his followers and left the area to live out his life.....just a thought.

Anyway, back to my question...in Islam, Jesus was taken into heaven?

Kakorot

Yes that's correct, he was not killed, although it did appear so. Allaah raised him up to the heavens and he's going to come back at the end of time to kill the anti-christ (Dajjal).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I remember reading Prophet Yahya (John) was killed and he was the cousin of Jesus (peace be upon him).

Wallaahu 'Alam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

From my understanding, yes Yaya ( John, the Baptist ) was his first cousin and was beheaded.

serena77

salaams
glad your back... until you find something in your area that will be in person I'm sure that anyone will be willing to help you w/ your questions here.
hope you continue to read the qu'ran. I think my next book purchase will be something decent i can find on hadith's personally.. then again... i love to read and study... I really hope Allah (swt) will guide you to better understanding ,.. ameen
Serena

a_stranger

Islam is the suitable answer to our inner eager living conscience , it lighten our hearts, minds,souls ......and make us live a balanced pure life, may Allah guide us all on this straight path.

inquizator

Sorry for my long delay, Computer has been down. I am still reading the Quran, about 1/2 through it. I am fascinated by what I read, but also lost...lol I really need to find a class in my area to get a better understanding of what I am reaing. :)

So, here is another question....Jesus. My personal belief if that he was a man, a messenger as well. But I also believe he was killed by the Romans. OR, this is a theory, far fetched, but still a thought. Maybe He didn't die. Maybe he was wounded enough to look dead or a coma, placed in the tomb. Awoke and stumbled out, thus reveling himself to his followers and left the area to live out his life.....just a thought.

Peace be to you Brother.

I think you're for real. You've have had plenty of time and have not acted like a troll. I think you came on here with sincerity and are for-real. I understand a lot more than you could know about how you were raised and making your conclusions from what you've seen in life thus far. However they are wrong.
Also, the Qur'an is best read slowly so it can be fully understood. Translations fall prey to the same language as the Bible with all the Thees and Thous, I personally dislike those antiquated words.

As far a Jesus being Crucified (to death), read these parts of the Qur'an for yourself. I could post them but life is about work and you have to read them yourself. I'll find them, you can find and read them.
4:157
4:158
19:15
19:33
To Validate that Jesus is NOT God, which of course he's NOT.
5:17
5:72
9:30
9:31

We're Blessed to be perhaps able to answer your sincere questions. You also sound like you're surrounded with things which can drag you down and should be aware of the ability these things have and where they come from.

Allah(swt) Guides who he wills and seems you've been guided to the conclusions you've made so far.

Tomtom

Banned

As'alaamu Alaikkum

What I've highlighted above is a fictitious thought which we all have from time to time. Bro if you are to believe in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala then you MUST believe His words, all 114 chapters of it. He says that Jesus was not crucified but a another man was made to resemble Jesus (pbuh) and another man was crucified in his stead. Jesus (pbuh) was lifted up to heaven bodily and he will come back towards the last days.

Sahih International
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. 4:157

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Hi,
I congratulate you on your reading Qur'an and I understand you might have some questions to answer your question about Jesus(peace be upon him) or 'Isa(alyhissalam) as we call him in Islam,was a servant of Allah and a mighty messenger.
About his being killed,Allah clears the matter in Qur'an in Surah An-Nsa,in the interpretation of meaning:

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.[4:157]

Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.[4:158]

So Allah clears the matter,that He was neither killed nor crucified,but was raised by Allah to heaven.It also clears that those who differ therein are full of doubts and are only ASSUMING.

If you have anymore questions about Islam,please feel free to ask.
May Allah help you and guide you.Ameen.