Okay so...

Valerie

:salam2:

I feel completely stupid. I have to say all the Ramadan posts and mandatory numbers and changes from normal prayer days to Ramadan prayers... I'm lost.

I might as well stop pretending that I have a clue and ask: Are there any websites with plain, simple (preferably English, or Arabic terms with english definitions) instructions on how to do daily activities correctly during this time? Somewhere to start, then I can move on from there.

I am not sure when to stop eating (sunrise? when the sky gets light? After fajr no more eating?). I have no clue what I"m supposed to be doing beyond the normal 5 prayers (as far as prayers go).

I'll even be grateful if there's some "Ramadan for kids" site.

So I guess the main question is... Help?

I appreciate your time!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You are asking great questions. I would suggest you start right here. Sister Revert 2007 has been posting informative threads on Ramadan. Brother Danylsac asked questions regarding eating.

There is a lot of good information right here. Sometimes we forget how rich our website is with knowledge.

After fajr you do not eat until magrib. There are usually calendars available with times..islamicfinder is good for that.

Common sense tells you to hydrate yourself. Please drink water in the evenings.

There are prayers after the mandatory prayers. They are held at the masjid. You can download a copy of the dua that is read between rakats. ( I keep a bottle of water with me ).

Insha'Allah you will receive the energy of fasting. And remember no matter what the question is; it is of great value. The one who is able to answer it is given the blessings of providing knowledge.

To me one of the best parts is Shytan is chained up...Wow...let the blessings pour ( makes a woman want to clap and shout )

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum

Well sister do not be sad and frustrated.Let me explain but I guess I can't type everything.I prefer to explain via speech.Anyway here is the simple thing reverts or beginner need to do or need to know.

1. Make intention "fasting tomorrow because of Ramadan".The intention should be after maghrib before you begin fasting the enxt day.If the ramadan is on wed,then make the intention of fasting after maghrib of tuesday.Do the same through out the whole month.Intention is just the knoweldge or realisation of your heart and mind that you are going to fast ramadan tomorrow.
2.Begin with pre-dawn meal.I believe you have the time table of prayer and athan install in your comp.Have a look at it.let say your atahn is at 4.45 am,then begin to eat 45mints or 30 mints before the athan.You may eat earlier but the sunnah is to delay the pre-dawn meal as much as possible.take light food such as bread,cheese,fruits,beans,drink plenty of water.Avoide oily,and salty food.

3.Once you hear the athan on your comp,stop eating.If you do not have athan installed,chek at the prayer time table.Or have a look at the sky.If you see white lines in sky,then stop eating as the began.Fasting begisn from dawn to sunset.

4.The whole 14-15 hours,you are not suppose to eat,drink,sex,smoke or do anything that can break your fast.I will try to send some materials on the fiqh of ramadan where you can know if your fasting is valid or not if somethng happened such as vomitting,medical.....

5.Once you hear the atahn or once you see the sunsets,immediately break your fast with 3dates.If you can't find dates no problem.Begin with something sweet such as fruits or juice.Begin by reading the dua for breaking fast or simply say BISMILLAH.You may do supplication before eating so that Alalh grant you wishes in sha Allah.Then pray maghrib 3 rakaah.This is sunnah,.If you wantt to eat before maghrib is fine as well :).Then after prayer complete your meal.take small amounts at a time.

6.When ishaa time comes,pray ishaa.

7.After ishaa is taraweeh.Taraweeh is just like doing fajr prayer but the intention is "2 units/rakaah of taraweeh".We do it 2 by 2 and recite any verses that u know.You are new,so jsut repeat the verses u know throught of the prayer.You may do from 2 uptill 8 rakaah or units.After completing 8 rakaah of taraweeh you may do night prayers at night.Perhapos at 2 am or 3 am.It is with the intention of doing" 2 raakaah of qiyam layl if you did nt sleep previoulsy and tahajud if you slept and woke up to pray the night prayer".Do 2 by 2 as much as u can such as 2,4,6....finally,after completing all the prayesr,end it wit witr 3 rakaah.you may do 2 unit+1 mor 3 unit together without tashahud at the 2nd rakaah.

8.All these prayers are sunnah and we do because of the rewards whereby the sunnah prayers will be considered as fard/obligatory prayer.If you cannot do,it is ok.Do not feel bad.

9.Besides prayer,you may recite quran,read quran in english,do rememberance of Allah(dzikir),give charity everyday if possible doenst matter the value of money but the action and intention that counts.

I guess that all i could remember.
Feel free to ask
plz excuse me for spelling errors as it is 6.01am here and you know i get dizzy when i sleep late lol
Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

I am not sure when to stop eating (sunrise? when the sky gets light? After fajr no more eating?). I have no clue what I"m supposed to be doing beyond the normal 5 prayers (as far as prayers go).

Walaykumsalaam sister,

It is understandable that you are confused about the month of Ramadan. But it's your first one, so you need a lot of information. I would recommend you to keep making threads on every topic you have a doubt on or isn't clear. Be it voluntary acts of worship in Ramadan or the Islamic legislation concerning fasting.

The link below is a thread by our sister a_muslimah86 has many of the rulings regarding fasting in the month of Ramadan (it includes women specific issues as well). It's a long read though.

http://turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58703

Visit our Ramadan and Eid Subforum on TTI. It is filled with a lot of info :

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Finally, you stop eating on the first call to prayer (adhaan) for the morning prayer (fajr) in your city. Enter the name of your city below and look at the time for fajr. You can eat a predawn meal before this time and drink as much as you like. But you have to stop at the time of Fajr.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/cityPrayerNew.php?lang=english&country=usa

Please keep giving us feedback if you understand what is being mentioned on this thread. I hope we are explaining things in an easy manner. :)

Please keep us all in your supplications. Jazaki Allahu Khayran..

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

JenGiove

Dear Revert,

Thank you very mush for this timetable. It can be so confusing. I tryed to PM you but I'm not allowed yet,not for another 120 minutes. I wish to continue our conversation for there are so many questions and answers between us. You have my email address, though I know you are busy. I have a toddler I need to care for alone because my husband sleeps during the day because he works nights.

Happy Ramadan to all!