Status
Not open for further replies.

rtbour

american muslima
Please see the following piece from islamqa.com:
------
"In question no. 9602 it says:

Ibn Hazm said:

It is obligatory on slave women and free women alike not to refuse their masters or husbands if they call them, so long as the woman who is called is not menstruating or sick in such a way that intercourse will be harmful to her, or observing an obligatory fast. If she refuses with no excuse, then she is cursed."
------
Here is my question: Is it honestly acceptable for a man to have sexual relations with his female slave? What about his wife? An unmarried slave woman??????? And she cannot refuse him??? That is disgusting. Sorry, but everything inside my soul says that is adultery, rape, and just plain wrong among other things. Please someone show me that i interpreted this incorrectly, because i am REALLLLLY disgusted by my recent findings. Thanks a lot. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

rtbour

american muslima
also, maybe we just get tired from working all the darn time and dont feel like staying up late to "please the husband" at his every beck and call. is that wrong? please guide me, someone, anyone.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2:
Please see the following piece from islamqa.com:

If she refuses with no excuse, then she is cursed."
------
Half of your answer is here. I think being tired working all the darn time is an excuse. :)

InshaAllah the answer to the other half will come soon as well.

Jibran

Salam

What's extremely important is to understand the historical context to the above quote and to any passage of hadith or the quran in general. From what little knowledge i remember about this, marriage plays a vital role .. i assume the master has to marry the slave in this case, and become equals with him after, according to islamic law. A muslim slave must receive manumission in general, and marriage must be with a believing woman as well.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aeikum
sister I advise you to read some articles on marital relationship between husband and wife in Islam and their responisbilities towards each other ..
I will post some links for u here ,please read it inshaAllah

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24364&highlight=marital+relationship

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21004&highlight=marital+relationship
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10225&highlight=marital+relationship

also, maybe we just get tired from working all the darn time and dont feel like staying up late to "please the husband" at his every beck and call. is that wrong? please guide me, someone, anyone.

waaleikum salam

kayleigh

:salam2:

Here's how it was explained to me:

The idea of having slave women, who are the wives of the enemy men killed in battle, is to re-integrate them into society. If they were left alone they'd have no one to provide or care for them. Obviously, this isn't really applicable today in most situations (thankfully). It's a chance to care for them and give them a place in society. It's not a slave as in the African slaves in North America - not that kind of treatment. They're not seen as being lesser, inferior beings. The idea of sleeping with your slave isn't just to serve as sexual gratification for men. Slave women have rights not dissimilar to wives.

This hadith does not give a man any right to rape any woman - not even his wife or slave. Of course the woman has every right to say no, and no man ever has any right to rape, abuse, or mistreat a woman in any way. and yes, even if it is your wife, if she says no it's STILL rape. Women aren't sex slaves.

There's a similar hadith which states if a woman says no to her husband and he goes to sleep angry with her, the angels will curse her all night. Or something along those lines. Honestly, the entire thing sounds sick and very hateful and degrading towards women. But if Muhammad (saw) actually said it, there must be some wisdom in it. Someone brought up a good point to me before about this: Husbands back then are not like the husbands of today, in many cases. Do you think the prophet (saw) or sahaba would have mistreated their wives or been angry with them for refusing them? No. Probably not. and don't forget that the prophet (saw) also said that the best among you is a man who is good to his wife (not directly quoting here).

But at the end of the day, no means no and a men should respect women and vice versa.

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
is there really anyone left who has a slave women...or man in this case these days??? i thought what the sister posted has to do with long ago...the times of the Prophet (pbuh)?

rtbour

american muslima
when you think of the situation as "most men wont do that stuff, because they should be good to their wives as the prophet advised," that makes it all seem better. but what about those husbands who are not good. the ones who bend and twist things around and who WILL make the woman come have sex at every whim of his. isnt it selfish of the husband to make the woman spend her life that way, knowing sometimes she doesnt want to do the things he has asked (sexual)? Does he not have to exersize self restraint at all? it kind of seems unfair, and unbalanced, because in todays world, many women are working and helping support their families just as much or more than the husband, so why do these rules apply? how can the man be the leader if he is not fully doing his part by supporting the family? and how can any woman be expected to be happy inside her soul knowing that she has to do whatever someone else wants, no matter how much she doesn't want to do it. it seems so bad and i dont get it.

Doris

but what about those husbands who are not good.

I don't know what is your definition of " not good" however do you mean not good to people or to the Creator?

the ones who bend and twist things around and who WILL make the woman come have sex at every whim of his.

By Allaah, there is no such a man that fears Allaah sincerly and then twistes things around as you say. Marrige means truthfulnessand not lies.

isnt it selfish of the husband to make the woman spend her life that way, knowing sometimes she doesnt want to do the things he has asked (sexual)?

IF she is not willing to have intercourse Islam offers polygamy. Why do you think these kuffar men cheat on their wifes? The main reason is that those women tell them "NO" all the time. So the man goes crazy and say: " forget this I am going to find something out there"

This is for all the sisters, subhanallah what do our sisters think we the men are some sort of angelic morphology walking around with no human desire??? Stop watching TV sisters and listening to those kafirat women who raise their voices in front of the men like witches.

Does he not have to exersize self restraint at all?

What self restrain? you are talking from the female nature mostly. Do you know that the brothers melt by just walking by victories secret stores at the malls let alone in the societies we are living in! Do some reality check sister.

it kind of seems unfair, and unbalanced, because in todays world, many women are working and helping support their families just as much or more than the husband.

Alhamdulilahn now here you are talking sense. And I tell you where the problem stands. Look around and see the muslim males how have become like the kuffar males who are sissy pans.The muslim young men today can't take care of their wives. This is why those women go to work. Now as for the women going to work unless she is a unique doctor(gynocologist, pediatrist, etc) or something of that nature and the ummah needs her then that's OK for her to go to work, but rather than that just running behind the dunya like the kafirat females are doing all the time that is wrong, wanaydhubilah. And of course this goes back directly the brothers who are bussy watching TV and acting like rappers.

"and how can any woman be expected to be happy inside her soul knowing that she has to do whatever someone else wants, no matter how much she doesn't want to do it. it seems so bad and i dont get it.
"

I don't think any women has problems with the nature that Allaah has created all of us. For certain intercourse is part of human nature. That's why we are not malaikah/angels. Wal-hamdulilah

My advise to you: Sister don't hang around with feminist becuase they are going to drink your blood like an vimpire. And later and trash you in their evil haox of feminism where you are going to forget forever what is love, husband, family, children, and religion. Be careful and if you need advise go back to the Qur'an and sunnah. read the words of the Prophet layhe salatu ua salam and look at the lives of the sahabah radiallahu anhum, the best of people after the Prophets and Messengers.

Mumin01

you can look it up on islamonline.net they have really good answers tehre

its not like if i get married, i can go up to another woman and say " honey this is gonna be my slave whom my right hand posses"

there are certain protocols and sanctions on this matter and there was a wisdom and truth behind, it was just to satisfy the sexual deisre of men

Allah knows all

peace

muharram23

Staff member
salamu alaykum

Salamu alaykum

Just want to remind you guys to stick to the quraan and the sunnah. Slavery is explained very well so we do not need to talk about it from our own thinking. You can read few fatawwas on the issue of slavery. Hopefully, it will help. Just know, there is a big difference between the slaves that are own by muslims and slaves of the non-muslims. When you read how the muslims treated the slaves for centuries and how slaves were treated by non-muslims, you will realize that the slaves of the muslims had almost the same rights as any person but not full rights, while the slaves of the disbelievers were treated as animals. Take time and read these links.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=5707&ln=eng&txt=slaves
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=10382&ln=eng&txt=slave women
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=20802&ln=eng&txt=slave women
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=13737&ln=eng&txt=slave women

ALlah knows best
wasaalam

Status
Not open for further replies.