Oregon Anti Hijab bill

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
http://money.aol.com/article/cair-oregon-bill-reinforces-ban-on/575290

Oregon is signing an anti hijab bill for teachers who wear head covering. Primarily directed at Muslims, it also covers Mennonites, Sikh, and Jewish.
Rallies are being held at Portland State University.

I know for a fact that Oregon is a redneck bigoted state. I have been trying for 10 months to get a job, had numerous interviews and I feel my hijab was the ONLY deciding factor.

kayleigh

I heard about this on MMW and I think it's ridiculous. I thought at first they meant women who covered their faces, which, I can actually understand the reasoning behind it (hearing impaired students and small children need to be able to see your lips move to understand and learn speaking skills and small female children especially need to see facial expression), but there's absolutely NO logical reason why teachers can't cover their hair.

BigAk

This bill will most likely not pass. In his June address to Muslims worldwide, President Obama stated: "Freedom in America is indivisible from the freedom to practice one's religion ... That is why the U.S. government has gone to court to protect the right of women and girls to wear the hijab, and to punish those who would deny it."